Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Well twice in 5 minute is possible.. fight, refresh.. fight... But yeah 3 times is a bit of stretch unless you were also in the D list.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    No, I was not on his defense list. I also was not active for 2 hours so I did not refresh myself.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Realize that if someone is fighting, fighting fighting, refreshing, fighting etc.. you can get hit several times. Last week Patrice was hitting me 3 or 4 times in a row... but you can't blame the atk list on the attacker. They can only use what they have presented to them.
    Exactly and apologies for the continuous attack, it was my Eternal week and i was just going down the lists ;-)
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    iOS
    Not a problem, Patrice I kind of knew what was going on and .. well...been there done that to others
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Patrice, it's not that I or anyone gets hit many time by the same person over the day. It's hard to believe I got hit by the same person 3 times in 5 minutes. The person is clearing tier list or refreshing at a great cost of ironite. It's hard to believe I came up on the list so frequently.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Patrice, it's not that I or anyone gets hit many time by the same person over the day. It's hard to believe I got hit by the same person 3 times in 5 minutes. The person is clearing tier list or refreshing at a great cost of ironite. It's hard to believe I came up on the list so frequently.
    A similar thing happened to be pretty recently. 9 out of 10 on my defense list was the same person in a fairly short time span. (I do just about always keep a weak defense) Like the others said, you can only really clear your list and if someone wants to spend ironite to keep refreshing, more power to them. I get what you're saying about the frequency of appearing on attack lists though.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    Android
    Sorry my first sentence was mistakenly written. I meant that I I dont care if I get hit by the same person many times a day. I just find the frequency of coming on someone's list a bit of a curiosity. As infinite wrote if someone needs to spend tons of ironite for easy wins, thats good for the games bottom line. When I get hit like that i am running a weak defense. I dont get hit from those players with my harder defense.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    I've also wondered about the matchmaking, or rather attack list creation. However, let's assume they open their attack list and haven't refreshed in a while, i.e. their first refresh is free. You are on that attack list -> #1. Let's assume they clear it and you're the last he clears out. Auto refresh for list clear, you're on it again -> #2, they only attack you and refresh again and you're on their list again -> #3. Then you are on their list three times, without ironite spent, in much less than 5 mins. That at least is a possible explanation as to why it happened so fast.
    Anyway, I've been wondering about the attack list creation mechanics for a while. When you've been inactive, you don't end up on anyone's attack list. I'm assuming for each attack you will get attacked once (at least on average). Once that attack has occurred, you are removed from the pool of possible opponents and won't end up on anyone's attack list. I think rollovers can also put you on someone's attack list, even when you've been inactive. However, I have no idea from which pool players are drawn for an attack list. I've once had an attack list with all top 3 players whilst being only top 250 myself. Therefore the pool seems quite large. Even if the pool would consist of 100 players only, the chances of drawing one of them are 10% for the first and roughly 11% for the last. if you're in the same pool three consecutive times, the odds of you being drawn three times in a row would be 0.1^3. Not impossible but rather small - though I'm quite sure the pool is larger than 100 players and the odds are therefore lower than 10%.
    Anyways, I'm with you on that, I would very much like to know how the matchmaking mechanics work.
    Last edited by Liu; 05-24-2019 at 03:15 PM.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    iOS
    I do also think there are "hacks" out there. I've seen teh same person hit me 4 or 5 times in a relatively short time span that made no reasonable sense. I alway just brush it off knowing there's nothing I can do. But there have been times in the past where teams with 1 or 3 star characters were just stomping through upper ranks of PvP.. clearly using SOMETHING that wasn't supposed to work.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    I never thought of a "cheat program" causing the unrealistic attack patterns. I only have these rapid attacks when I run a lone Eddie defense. If my opponents are so strong to clear attack lists then they should easily beat my standard defense. I guess there are a few ways these attack patterns happen, they chose do long runs on the days I have a lone Eddie, they have incredible luck on refreshes, spend a ton of ironite to troll for weak defenses, or possiby have a cheat program.

As I noted before I dont have a problem with someone pounding my team into the dirt day after day, shows me they have a better team/strategy, more ironite and time to play the game. Hope they earn the title for their effort. I just never see rapid attack patterns from the top players.
    Muzzleloader-8226.