Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    The biggest reason for not setting a fun/easy defense is that arena update. I took a huge hit in my VP and need to waste SoW to get back to the same rewards I was getting. That and the added insult of 3 Sow events in a month 2 of them being concurrent.
    By setting a fun defense you more or less accept to not reach your normal ranking. But you do this to have a chance to get the rewards from the Arena event! Thing is, most of us don't do that many battles outside of an event. I usually do around 160-180 fights per week and this ends in top 20-50 usually (depends if I do battles in the evening or not) and about 4000 VP.
    I have a fun defense right now and today was the first time this week I dropped out of top50, but of course the VP are lower. I am still not sure if I can do enough battles to get the talli set, especially as it might be more important to get the cosmic stuff.
    Problem is, I don't get enough defeats to drop enough for more easy fights plus there are in general very few fun defenses this time. I think people are just annoyed to see a second arena event in one month - and I am annoyed too! Hopefully this was an exception and/or we won't have arena events in june to compensate!
    Anyway I still think it is reasonable to accept lower arena rewards once a month to get the arena event rewards instead. But for sure, everyone needs to find a strategy that fits for him or her self!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    I can't believe I fall for it!!
    I guess it was because they were one next to the other, and the one with ironite clarify (only one), and the other didn't clarify, and it said straight 4-set...
    I spent the whole week playing only this event, just to get the talisman, and now that I finally got 1250 fragments I was so happy to be able to buy them, when my partner told me "no, but 1250 is only for one, not the set..."
    Of course! I've been playing the game for a while, I can't believe how didn't I realise.
    But well... if I only got over 100 wins in 5 days with 2 refills, I won't get the rest...
    Facepalm for me...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    By setting a fun defense you more or less accept to not reach your normal ranking. But you do this to have a chance to get the rewards from the Arena event!

Usually during these events I get higher than my normal ranking. I normally only do a daily fight and stay around 1700-1900 VP which used to be the last level before ranking took into account. However with that arena update I got dropped all the way to under 900. I'm just now getting back up to my normal level.

If that arena updated hadn't dropped me to lower than what they claimed it would, I would have had no problem setting a fun defense to help everyone but over 100 losses would have outclassed my 6 wins. Those 100 losses also don't feel bad when you have over 200 wins as I would have if I was participating.

Plus the rewards just weren't appealing enough for me to devote the time or the SoW (which are already suffering from 3 events this month).
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    I got everything though except the talismans.. which was just too great an ask.

Without a weak defense.. I got enough frags for everything else in the store. I simply ignored the ridiculously overprice talisman set that won't alter any PvP battle anyway.

My rank is 50 spots or so lower than the past couple weeks, but that's merely because a lot more users are fighting more.. and I'm actually fighting less than normal because the new tier system sucks..
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    When VHE and Visions ruled, those were the days
    To be truly nostalgic you need to repost that 50 to 100 more. Repetition is the key when remembering those days ... every team the same.. the same.. the same.. the same.. the same... the same... the same...
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    When VHE and Visions ruled, those were the days
    Yup and I agree so much. Vampire was mine early on in the game when I started Underworld, like we grew up together, old friends and I recall EVERY picture of him on all teams in top arena. I am so sad still the cruel nerf took him away (and poor Wrath too). Then 7th Son arrived and was cool for a bit until the biggest joke 5 star Eddie got skills, then Visions was everywhere. NF makes 2 much cash introducing new exclusive characters instead of rehashing existing ones we all already have. Aces new skill is fun and he still has coolest fury, I laughed so hard 1st time I saw it as a confirmed brew addict.

OS
    Android
    It seems like every ed was usable back then. Even mummy

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by wipp View Post
    It seems like every ed was usable back then. Even mummy
    Awww, Wipp, do you miss your mummy?

Lol, sorry it's lame , but I had to say it.
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    Lol yeahh, i should have used cariage rider in my example

OS
    iOS
    It's too much grinding, how can a mobile game have so much more than any of my console games? I have other stuff to do, why is it that we have to do so much for a set of useless talismans? I WAS going to farm 2 and just buy the rest with ironite, but to my surprise the set you can buy with ironite is 1. 500 ironite for one measly talisman. Yea, no thanks

For the record, I agree with the other troopers, the patterns all the same, get new characters, get new tals, in the same boring annoying way. I feel like they try to make us grind so much to keep our minds out of the question of why we're all playing.

Sadly, my love for iron maiden is what drives me to keep playing. But that doesn't mean I won't skip a few cancer events. 5K frags for a mediocre 4 set? No thanks