Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
The biggest reason for not setting a fun/easy defense is that arena update. I took a huge hit in my VP and need to waste SoW to get back to the same rewards I was getting. That and the added insult of 3 Sow events in a month 2 of them being concurrent.
By setting a fun defense you more or less accept to not reach your normal ranking. But you do this to have a chance to get the rewards from the Arena event! Thing is, most of us don't do that many battles outside of an event. I usually do around 160-180 fights per week and this ends in top 20-50 usually (depends if I do battles in the evening or not) and about 4000 VP.
I have a fun defense right now and today was the first time this week I dropped out of top50, but of course the VP are lower. I am still not sure if I can do enough battles to get the talli set, especially as it might be more important to get the cosmic stuff.
Problem is, I don't get enough defeats to drop enough for more easy fights plus there are in general very few fun defenses this time. I think people are just annoyed to see a second arena event in one month - and I am annoyed too! Hopefully this was an exception and/or we won't have arena events in june to compensate!
Anyway I still think it is reasonable to accept lower arena rewards once a month to get the arena event rewards instead. But for sure, everyone needs to find a strategy that fits for him or her self!