Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

So Iron Maiden is suing another game company...

https://twitter.com/i/events/1134069865378066432

So I found this pretty funny, I’m not certain if Iron Maiden is in the right here but god damn those poor devs are about to see hell.

OS
    Android
    Damn. If they were suing a rich ass company I would say go for gold. But suing an indie company? Seriously?
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Down Under Clan

OS
    iOS
    I actually agree.... there is absolutely some brand confusion created by merely removing an "r".

Of course, they could change the name to "Iron Madden" then Or "Iron Maven"
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Iron Madden would make a great themed football game.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    God dammit Iron, Who would confuse one of the worlds most recognised bands with a indie game built from a two decade+ old moddified game engine made to appeal to a very specific first-person shooter audience? Honest question.

OS
    iOS
    I think it is a little lame to be honest. I am not a supporter of the sue all that you can approach and to me this look tenuous at best. The logo looks nothing much like Maiden though maybe closer to the period Virtual XI to Final Frontier when they dropped the classic style font. I suppose it is actually quite close but surely people can spell and understand that Iron Maiden is copyright and if there is something that is called Ion it clearly has nothing to do with Maiden? Maybe it is just me but I tend to not get too bothered about this and use my brain!

I mean would there be a problem if a Swedish car manufacturer appeared and called their cars Forde? Maybe! Or sweet maker called a new product Marrs Bar? Maybe, but really does it matter? Then again it is not my trademark and I do get why someone like Maiden would want to protect their TM.......did Maiden win the case against that comic book folk years ago who did the Iron and the Maiden comic and had to change it to The Iron Saint...I assume they did and I would say that that is even less like Iron Maiden?

Let the little IT company keep it FFS they are hardly going to be millionaires with a game like that are they?
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    It's pretty sad and lame, to be honest.

The devs where absolute fans of Iron Maiden (a lot of achievements in their previous game where Maiden titles or Maiden related puns, such as "Up the Ions" or "Mother of Mercy", that kind of stuff) and now it's heartbreaking to read their chat/forums where you can see that the tremendous respect they had for the band just took a massive hit.

OS
    Android
    Isnt an iron maiden a midevil torture device?

OS
    Android
    Yes it was. Just listen to the lyrics to the song. It explains itself.

Midieval.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    So... you have internet access, but you can't search for info about iron maidens?
    Irony.

They obviously exist as they're in museums and such, but they're use is basically a myth; no real evidence they were used.
    March 1st 2019 - NEVER FORGET! They stole 50% of our rare soul frags, 11% mythical frags, 60% legendary frags and 66% of rare class specific frags! Plus doubled gold price for summoning souls without notice!