OS
    iOS

Cool Temp Relics need some TLC

Please take a look at what Temp Relics are offered in the events store and carefully compare them to what shows up in players' main relic screens vs players' battle screens when testing.

The relics do not always match up where they should. For example my 'main" relic screen shows that I currently have temp "Arena offense" relics which I never actually bought. Stay with me here -- this is where it gets weird. I DID get Gauntlet Temp relics on Monday 5/20. They first showed up a week prior and I purposely waited until the last day they were available because I wanted them to "carry over" into the next gauntlet because I did not have time to use them that cycle.

My "main" relic screen shows there are 4 days left for my Arena Offense boost (which was sold as a Gauntlet boost that I apparently got so late that it broke something) and I have yet to play much Gauntlet but that's beside the point.

My point is that my main relic screen says I have "Arena Offense" temp relics while my TOONS do not show ANY boost in the arena but they do in Gauntlet.

Additionally I do not see the Arena Temp relics available in my store as others do (I assume because I still have the Gauntlet Relics displaying as arena relics) and that one cannot have both. If one CAN have both then the issue is that I don't have the option to buy actual arena boost temp relics (not that I would anyway at this point).
    Damn I use a lot of parenthesis.

So bottom line is that while these temp relics may or may not do much, they are not showing up where they should and are also showing up incorrectly labeled in other areas. My suggestion is to take a look and see about tightening that up. For the tiny fraction of players who would ever even notice.

Cheers

OS
    iOS
    Relics are just a way the Devs "con" players.....

Devs play with relics to alter how easily the AI can win at times. And since there's no DIRECT method to check if they are working.. players are left without a clue. They are underhanded, scheming, tools. A full powered, full skill sharded, full talisman, full 360 relic team, should NEVER lose to a team with 50 relics... temp relics or otherwise. Yet... somehow.. that still happens constantly.

it is not surprising at all when you discover inconsistencies in what the app reports.. because the devs are entirely inconsistent with how relics work and they simply REFUSE to post viable information regarding them.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Relics are just a way the Devs "con" players.....

Devs play with relics to alter how easily the AI can win at times. And since there's no DIRECT method to check if they are working.. players are left without a clue. They are underhanded, scheming, tools. A full powered, full skill sharded, full talisman, full 360 relic team, should NEVER lose to a team with 50 relics... temp relics or otherwise. Yet... somehow.. that still happens constantly.

it is not surprising at all when you discover inconsistencies in what the app reports.. because the devs are entirely inconsistent with how relics work and they simply REFUSE to post viable information regarding them.
    You nailed it. I’m still holding or faint hope that a Developer gives us an official explanation to the specific weirdness I posted, but I’m won’t hold my breath. I mean I get it, but they could always give us a little more of an idea of what to expect with the AI Tweaking. And have them show up where they should—at least to make it easier to suspend belief and feel like you really have the boost.

OS
    iOS
    Also when Kaz said the other day he thought Seilair’s picking off single Eddies may slow down as people put up their “real” defenses he wasn’t just speculating. Seilair basically stopped playing altogether. And I noticed the few teams i had seen with single Eddies magically now had full defenses. Also I saw a guy named “sot” as in sand of time and he had a carbon copy of a weak defense some of the single Eddie teams had switched to. I started to wonder if maybe the devs put up fake teams with single Eddies then change them when they want people to spend more on SOW and refreshes closer to refresh. I know it sounds paranoid but I mean it happened just like Kaz said it would, and since I’ve been playing so much this week I saw patterns. Patterns of the teams with names I remembered all of the sudden no longer having single Ed defenses and now they all had similar random teams at the same time. Coincidence? Maybe. But none of them ever revenged my attack.

Maybe this game is just a big machine and we are in its Matrix and they can make us believe things are real when it’s all just an illusion. 🤩
    Last edited by Zugzwang; 06-01-2019 at 12:17 AM.

OS
    Android
    Honestly, this game is a mess of bugs, yet relic manipulation and ai learning behavior are supposed to work flawlessly while they aren't even able to sort the order of a stack of buffs/passives or make the prisoner work ? Ii took half a year to even fix just the sorting order of toons in the gauntlet. relics boost the basic stat of a toon. if it has 10k life and you have maxed hp relics you'll get 18k life extra. A team with little relics may get 5k extra hp. Gives you an edge for sure, but that's nowhere near of guaranteeing a sure win - particularly with the buggy mess behind all those buffs. I'm seeing seeing weird healing, revives and what not all the time. It's much more likely the game is simply a buggy mess rather than having several types of flawlessly working machine learning algorithms.
    Last edited by Liu; 06-01-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race