Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Segoy View Post
    Does anyone have problem with blue Bomber Boy in the 2nd wave on Madness (first from the left)? He resists 98% of all types of damage and dies painfully slowly, sometimes killing my team (on auto) all by himself, when they are trying to kill just him, as last man standing. It takes 20+ turns just to kill this single guy. He blocks all three damage types, Stops all my team all the time, goes Vanish.... over and over again. What's wrong with this guy? Any help on this, please? Thank you.
    He is not a big fan of my team ... goes down latest in round 2 - I quote fro above:

- Doomsday - Labyrinth / Cosmos
    - KP - Warlord, Sustaining, Immunity
    - Ferryman - Hex, Immunity
    - Prisoner - Primordeal
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    Just hit 500 wins and well I got 5 Primordials and an endless amount of sands of war and colorless 5* xp shards so that's where the real rewards are at. Still have 1,500 ironite to burn in this event, and I'm considering plundering it all to get the Eddie and the General since the events this month don't sound too ironite intensive, other than possibly Viral Frontier and Rites of Passage.

OS
    iOS
    I hear what you are saying Segoy - it can be tough if you dont have the characters/talisman for sure. My kids have accounts but dont have strong enought team for Madness so they either farm hard or normal - that is the way to go. For me it is a waste of time trying to push yourself to complete madness if you cant - just leave it and move on. Farming Hard or Normal, while not as effective/efficient is still a good way to get to your goals in the event. Just aim for an auto team that can clear without fails and set it off and let auto do the rest.

Sometimes it is just a bit of luck that you have the right tallies and characters to do stuff - I kept two Ferrymen - they can be rubbish on PVP but in PVE like this they can be a great part of a team - one of mu kids managed to get a Raven Witch and just that one gain has made everything else a bit easier for him.

It may be that you can get a manul team sorted for madness - no idea if you can or not but you must have decent tallies and plenty relics I think. More about surviving in madness level so you need to gear up for that if you have not got characters like Raven Witch or Ferryman or other really strong characters/blockers.......in my mind madness level should be really hard - sometimes they make so even I and others struggle to get an auto team - if that happens I drop down to hard and let it run on auto.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Does anyone have problem with blue Bomber Boy in the 2nd wave on Madness (first from the left)? He resists 98% of all types of damage and dies painfully slowly, sometimes killing my team (on auto) all by himself, when they are trying to kill just him, as last man standing. It takes 20+ turns just to kill this single guy. He blocks all three damage types, Stops all my team all the time, goes Vanish.... over and over again. What's wrong with this guy? Any help on this, please? Thank you.

On a side note:
    I play the game since its release (occassionaly in the past, more in maybe last 12 moths) and all I can see is the gap between players widening - those who have the current strong characters get even stronger (auto madness farming = more frags, more talis, more resources (auto hard in this event returns only about 40 % of Ironite invested in SoT full Refill, yet you claim that auto madness provides surplus of Ironite)), etc.

My best characters until I got Gambler (had stack of rare souls + bought 1 set of frags) were Hallowed Eddie (great Jack of all trades, I still cannot praise him enough (and I don't understand how you can have more of him for sacrifices)), asassin Shinobi, assassin Krampus and red Derby Demon. Only recently I got Icarus and green Maclo. Hallowed/Gambler E, Icarus, Maclo and Krampus are my best team for everything. And despite I have some other strong characters, too, they are "old ones" and not able to compete with the current setup. They are just not strong enough to complete madness requirements in whatever event. You guys are gaining speed, we are falling behind.

This is not whimping, its just to correct the "easy-peasy" mood of the senior members I see here whenever I read these forums - it is far from easy for not "professional" player.

And yes, I stopped paying hard cash for anything in this game after I bought EUR 110 package with attempt to get Madam (when she was released) and got only useless thrash.
    What hold said is the way to deal with part 1 of your post.

Perspective is a big part of the game, I can’t see how original players have a massive advantage and an ever widening gap between those who have and have not, I have seen some regular forum members here that weren’t original, become forces to reckon with, some put in the hours, some put in the money, some do both.
    There’s still a large number of original members here that remember what the arena top contenders list consisted of on a week to week basis, the top 100 now used to be the top 25. There’s that many awesome players with plenty of depth that need only to make the decision to do the work and they can be No.1. 75% of them lifted their game in the past 12 months.

We’ve all been lacking for characters or Talisman or both at some time in the game, money will only get you so far.
    I don’t mean to sound unsympathetic towards the newer player base, but we can only play with the characters and Talisman we’ve been given,earnt or purchased, play to that level!

We must be very close to LOTB’s 3rd Birthday, hopefully everyone will score well from the coming celebration/shananigans...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Running madness does not supply a surplus of ironite. It appears that way for the first few hundred runs with the rewards for missions complete. Then you start to burn ironite. The last event similar to this was ferryman. It took 1500+ runs at a net of 2800 ironite to achieve. The rewards were tremendous, the featured toons, 50+ SS, 550 SoW, 250 3* colorless runes, unknown FC and colorless shards, not counting the endless hours.

If you have the time to burn and ironite these events are worth the effort.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    This is not whimping, its just to correct the "easy-peasy" mood of the senior members I see here whenever I read these forums - it is far from easy for not "professional" player.
    Great observation. Its probably not always as easy as it seams for them either.
    I'm not a senior member, but I've been playing catch up since July '18, spent ALOT of time & more money than I should. I feel I hold my own. I complete 99% of achievements/events, and have ranked just under eternal multiple times. I'm not boasting but what is "professional?" I've got most of the toons and all the talis, and just when I think I have "gotten up on the porch with the big dogs" and I feel I can downshift and glide for awhile, I then realize as soon as I get comfortable, I know I'll fall behind. What if I miss that meta changing toon or that new talis set "everyone" has? PvP is the proving ground and we all know it. If you want to stay in the top 50, or 100 even, can one afford to miss an event.
    Navigator counts on this, the Fear of Missing Out. Usually it means not being included, but if we miss out on game changing essentials, will we miss not being included in the top rankings? You know, the ones the gamers on the FB page complain they'll never achieve for free.
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    Noob development:
    the first wave on madness is sometimes so overpowered and kills my whole team, but the boss wave can be done with a single Alexander Eddie!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by URock View Post
    Noob development:
    the first wave on madness is sometimes so overpowered and kills my whole team, but the boss wave can be done with a single Alexander Eddie!
    They've been doing that the last several dungeons... I guess if you must lose, better to lose early???

And @Sego that Magus bomber is wearing Labyrinth talismans.. that's why he doesn't take much damage.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I just wish the view would be corrected. I have to select the most right toon to even see when to tap. Half the time I can't even see who I'm striking.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    It’s ok I will get over it, but what I was thinking about after was that the soul drop odds have always been extremely poor this we all know, but I guess there would have to be double the characters now to when the game begun, which means twice as hard to claim a new soul, and with so little reference to what exclusive chance really means? Well I must of really pissed someone off, it’s been a very long time since I gained the event character during the event....

Exclusive means you will only get it from this soul. The odds are layed out in the BoS info tab. There's a 2.54% to draw a 5*. This is about double as high as it used to be. The last event soul also had higher odds. When you are pulling a 5* there is a 63.38% chance it's going to be a highlight, i.e. either eddie or feldmarschall. It works similar, but with different numbers for 4*. Therefore your chances of getting the highlight are NOT affected by the size of the soul pool. I've posted the odds of pulling at least on highlight in a previous post - for your convenience:

odds, that you will pull at least 1 highlight after opening x souls:

5*
    Expected number of Souls: 63
    Souls: 5, chance: 7.79%
    Souls: 10, chance: 14.98%
    Souls: 25, chance: 33.35%
    Souls: 50, chance: 55.58%
    Souls: 75, chance: 70.39%

4*
    Expected number of Souls: 19
    Souls: 5, chance: 24.1%
    Souls: 10, chance: 42.39%
    Souls: 25, chance: 74.81%
    Souls: 50, chance: 93.65%
    Souls: 75, chance: 98.4%
    Also note that random means random. Some, see fudjo, get 4x5* highlights in a 10 stack while others don't get a highlight for months. It's been like this for me as well. A high probability doesn't guarantuee you'll get anything, and a low probability doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get nothing. It just means, that if you open a very large amount of souls, the frequency of drawings of a 5* will converge to the probability of drawing a 5*.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race