Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    OS
    Android
    One of the best events ever, just like the Ferryman grind. But, this one was probably even more generous.

I committed right away to farming all 750 frags, and I made it with a couple hours to spare. Here are my numbers (all on Madness difficulty):

95-100 SoT refills bought with Ironite
    14 Primordials
    ~800-900 FCs

I spent ~3000 Ironite on SoT, but my current balance is only about 400 less than when the event started. Ironite drops were very generous.

I got the Eddie via frags and the two new Pyro Soldiers from souls. The Feldmarschall also came via souls about halfway into the event, but I decided to hit 750 frags anyway, since the overall farming returns were so good.

Also, each SoT refill took on average 40 minutes to autoplay. With about 100 refills, that worked out to about 4000 minutes, or 66.6 hours. A great number for sure. And, also a hell of a lot of farming over a 6-day period. Not to mention the extra time needed for SQs, Arena, Gauntlet, etc.

Nice job, LotB Team. I hope we see more of these kinds of events, just not too often. Also, it was great that you offered souls directly for Ironite, which wasn't the case for Ferryman. I was fortunate that my real life allowed me to commit to this event this week, but there are definitely times when that would be impossible. So, having an alternative to farming is great.
    Last edited by druid138; 06-11-2019 at 12:56 AM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    Dropped my last 10 pack and a dupe aces high instead of the feldtmarschall... Oh well, cant complain really! Twas a good event!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    I tried Feldtmarschall and Gunner Pyro together - sleep for everybody.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Summary of "hard" farming (+ my general thoughts on the game):

Well, I wasn't able to farm on madness, only hard, and my returns are:
    Runs appx. = 1650
    frags = + 8367
    FC = + 405
    Gold = + 6.83 mil (but I did Skull quests daily, plus paying for evolving talismans and characters, too)
    SoW = + 500~
    Primordials = + 7
    SS = didn't keep track on those, but had 0 at the beginning and now have 7
    didn't keep track on shards and evo material
    Ironite app. = -1200 (though only maybe -700 if I forgot to count in the 500 for 2 Primordials I bought from store at the beginning of event. Not sure, sorry).

Ironite-wise farming on HARD didn't bring the same resuply values as at MADNESS, but I am very happy for those 405 FC and primordials (had only 5 in total before, including buying the 2 pcs from the Store for 500 Ironite).

I was farming +- 18 hours a day.

What sucks is that all I was able to achieve was to buy 30 souls in total for the frags (2500*3 + 1x common Rare soul for final 100 frags (I bought the Legendary Heroic for 750 frags, too)). Adding these to the 11 souls I've got from first passing the dungeons and the fragments from challenges (I wasn't able to do the all magus madness mission) gave me 41 souls total. That really sucks because that left me 9 souls short to get ABE for frags per soul. Unless he will drop from the souls, no Eddie, not to mention Fieldmarshal. (haven't opened them yet as I have full character inventory, waiting for the better-than-last-month sacrifice event).

Since I wasn't able to do the all magus madness mission, I didn't get the third Purge talisman and had to buy it for 500 Ironite (auch!).

This is the widening gap I wrote about in my first post.
    (I read all your replies and by all means I understand and pay respect to the time/money you invested in being "stronger" players).
    But what NF does is essentially making "recreational" players eventually quit the game. This is due that unless you are not willing to either spent considerable amount of hours every single day, or buy exceptional talisman sets/event souls pack for real money, you will not be able to remain (even a little bit) competitive. And by competitive I mean to have a chance to get these talismans/characters, too.
    OK, NF/you can say that there are events when recreational players can get the new talisman sets even only through fulfilling the challenges (not necessarily only for cash). However, without the currently best talismans and the newest characters, these challenges are still just not possible - like now me not being able to do the madness magus challenge. Because of this very reason I only have e.g. 2 Viper talismans (out of 5) since that was all I was able to get out of the challenges. (Now they are just occupying space in my Talisman inventory.)
    The same with last Radiant talisman in Gauntlet. This time I hit historical record and finished in Grade A, one game won therein, too (patting on my back). Thus I've got only 2 radiant talismans, 55 Necropolis (have 205/500 total) and 70 FFE frags (have 195/1000 total). OK, talismans were my fault, since I should have reached Grade A also 2 weeks ago (but some of us have lives, right?). But for the characters - given the fact that the Gauntlet season runs for 3 (4?) two-week periods - to get enough frags for specific character (Charlotte/Mariner/Necropolis), it is just not possible for me to get any of these Gauntlet characters - since even if I reach record high A grade every time, I will only be able to get up to 3(4) times 55 frags of the character, amounting to 165 (220) frags tops.

And so on, and so forth.... (Lord Farquad, Shrek 1)

Summary:
    All of this, plus discrimination of older/paying players in terms of "RNG" when dropping the event characters made me rethink my need to play this game.

I love it (as a true Iron Maiden fan), but I see I will get nowhere much further without sacrificing way too much more of my time (have job and two small children and thus almost no time) or of my cash savings.

The only thing keeping me still logging in is the upcoming event with the start of the tour (I even had the ticket for Rock in Rio concert, but at the end I will not be able to attend) - in hope there will be some fre.... rewar..... less expensive loots for casual players. Then, I guess, it will be over.

Thanks.

OS
    Android
    Nodding Frog won't listen. Just play a "little" and don't worry about moneymaking development!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    One of the best events ever, just like the Ferryman grind. But, this one was probably even more generous.

I committed right away to farming all 750 frags, and I made it with a couple hours to spare. Here are my numbers (all on Madness difficulty):

95-100 SoT refills bought with Ironite
    14 Primordials
    ~800-900 FCs

I spent ~3000 Ironite on SoT, but my current balance is only about 400 less than when the event started. Ironite drops were very generous.

I got the Eddie via frags and the two new Pyro Soldiers from souls. The Feldmarschall also came via souls about halfway into the event, but I decided to hit 750 frags anyway, since the overall farming returns were so good.

Also, each SoT refill took on average 40 minutes to autoplay. With about 100 refills, that worked out to about 4000 minutes, or 66.6 hours. A great number for sure. And, also a hell of a lot of farming over a 6-day period. Not to mention the extra time needed for SQs, Arena, Gauntlet, etc.

Nice job, LotB Team. I hope we see more of these kinds of events, just not too often. Also, it was great that you offered souls directly for Ironite, which wasn't the case for Ferryman. I was fortunate that my real life allowed me to commit to this event this week, but there are definitely times when that would be impossible. So, having an alternative to farming is great.
    Very good summary!
    The needed time to grind this event was really heavy, too much for me, as I could not really play the first 2 days of the event. I still thought I would make it in time, but I was wrong. My 68 souls gave some nice drops (both new Pyros), but another Eddie instead of the Marshall, so I will have to wait for him to show up in heroics or somewhere else.
    Again, it was a great event, very rewarding and the new Dungeon design was just fantastic! For me, personally, it is very sad not being able to finish the grind although I wanted to. And for those players that could not farm madness - no chance at all! So in my opinion a slight reduction in the needed amount of frags (equals time) would be very welcome to not exclude too many players and maybe add an option to buy some souls with ironite - maybe restricted to a certain number of boughts, if the general idea was to only give players that can grind madness >50-60 hours the chance to get enough event soul.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Nice event, got the Feld Marshall & the 2 Pyro with the event souls and the Eddie with the frags ... + a lots of goods (a complete set of talismans as well, +550SOW ...)
    Last edited by kgk56; 06-11-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    Actual Champion : Mystic Flame

Only missing :

kgk56-6386

_____________| CLAN |______________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    I farmed the raid as much as I could, but ended up with 490/500 for Eddie and 490/500 for Field Marshall.

I spent over 1000 iron coins for extra time and it wasn't enough. Will these come back ever?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by dr0cx View Post
    I farmed the raid as much as I could, but ended up with 490/500 for Eddie and 490/500 for Field Marshall.

I spent over 1000 iron coins for extra time and it wasn't enough. Will these come back ever?
    Big Oof my dude

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by dr0cx View Post

Oof, that hurts man. I feel for you, but its looking unlikely....
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs