TL;DR – I’ve deleted the app and it is doubtful I’m returning. I feel the directions the game has taken recently have made it not enjoyable any longer. Thanks to all my Troopers and in-game friends here on the boards.

So yeah.. I’m done with LOtB.

Upfront, I do want to say to everyone here THANKS MUCH!! It may seem trite at this point, but yes, the reason I’ve kept playing is the Troopers and the online community here. I’ve never met any of you, but I do appreciate the advice, badges, and entertainment here for the last 26 months I’ve been playing the game.

I have had this post rattling around in my head for months. All the things I want to say, helpful criticism to fix a game that I really enjoyed once upon a time; but at the end of the day It’s all useless data. So, from the longest mental goodbye post ever, I’ll try and keep this short(er.)

I was playing AAA on the Gauntlet about 36 hours ago and lost twice. I lost to new characters that I have scant knowledge of, nor do I hardly remember what event they came from. Further, they had talisman sets on that I didn’t recognize, so I had no idea what to even to do try and battle them again. I felt with as much time as I was putting into the game, for me to be so far behind character and talisman wise that I couldn’t even get past AAA….well, I finally realized what a fools errand I was on. So I deleted the app.

It was never my goal to be one of the best like most of you are, I mean.. this was a diversion from my 10 hour work days, house, wife.. blah blah. Most of my time was running up troopers and doing the events. With all of that though, the only (useful) event character I’ve gotten in the past 6 months was the Killer Prime. This new formula of getting enough fragments to then trade for other things to then get what you want, seems shady. Why obfuscate something so much? It makes me feel like I’m getting ripped off in some way. Same feelings about the big new badass Talismans. “Ashes of Ice” Really?

So yeah… it all just morphed into apathy for LOtB. I know it isn’t a Maiden song, but all the good lines have been used before me, so hopefully Dark Tranquility can sum it for me.

Once again thanks all.
Zerynx/Robert