Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Lost To Apathy

  1. #1
    Senior Member Zerynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    238

    Lost To Apathy

    TL;DR Ė Iíve deleted the app and it is doubtful Iím returning. I feel the directions the game has taken recently have made it not enjoyable any longer. Thanks to all my Troopers and in-game friends here on the boards.

    So yeah.. Iím done with LOtB.

    Upfront, I do want to say to everyone here THANKS MUCH!! It may seem trite at this point, but yes, the reason Iíve kept playing is the Troopers and the online community here. Iíve never met any of you, but I do appreciate the advice, badges, and entertainment here for the last 26 months Iíve been playing the game.

    I have had this post rattling around in my head for months. All the things I want to say, helpful criticism to fix a game that I really enjoyed once upon a time; but at the end of the day Itís all useless data. So, from the longest mental goodbye post ever, Iíll try and keep this short(er.)

    I was playing AAA on the Gauntlet about 36 hours ago and lost twice. I lost to new characters that I have scant knowledge of, nor do I hardly remember what event they came from. Further, they had talisman sets on that I didnít recognize, so I had no idea what to even to do try and battle them again. I felt with as much time as I was putting into the game, for me to be so far behind character and talisman wise that I couldnít even get past AAAÖ.well, I finally realized what a fools errand I was on. So I deleted the app.

    It was never my goal to be one of the best like most of you are, I mean.. this was a diversion from my 10 hour work days, house, wife.. blah blah. Most of my time was running up troopers and doing the events. With all of that though, the only (useful) event character Iíve gotten in the past 6 months was the Killer Prime. This new formula of getting enough fragments to then trade for other things to then get what you want, seems shady. Why obfuscate something so much? It makes me feel like Iím getting ripped off in some way. Same feelings about the big new badass Talismans. ďAshes of IceĒ Really?

    So yeahÖ it all just morphed into apathy for LOtB. I know it isnít a Maiden song, but all the good lines have been used before me, so hopefully Dark Tranquility can sum it for me.

    Once again thanks all.
    Zerynx/Robert

    Zerynx-2164

    Lost to Apathy - Retired

  2. #2
    Senior Member HuckFinn150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    713
    I'm about here. I've dropped all but 8 troopers and only play about 30 minutes a day. I've not deleted the app due to I like my collection. I've quit the chase for the lastest and greatest. I still have it here in the forum because I like the band, people and enjoy the read. My wife's glad I've quit "playing" lol. I figure I'll play passively for a while, as I don't see me coming back to the game in the state it's currently in and seems to be going. Enjoy life again. The game and others will always be here.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Zerynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckFinn150 View Post
    I'm about here. I've dropped all but 8 troopers and only play about 30 minutes a day. I've not deleted the app due to I like my collection. I've quit the chase for the lastest and greatest. I still have it here in the forum because I like the band, people and enjoy the read. My wife's glad I've quit "playing" lol. I figure I'll play passively for a while, as I don't see me coming back to the game in the state it's currently in and seems to be going. Enjoy life again. The game and others will always be here.
    Thanks man. I thought about winding slowly down, but I'm better if I just clean cut. I will miss all that I built for sure, so I understand your feelings there!

    FWIW - I told my wife I was done and was met with a huge smile of relief! "You have been mad at that game for months!" LOL - This is a good thing.
    Zerynx-2164

    Lost to Apathy - Retired

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,793
    I took over my uncles account a few months ago and am starting to see the futility of the never ending chase. I will trudge through it to the anniversary and see what happens.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

  5. #5
    Senior Member kkkreg5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,138
    Thanks for all badges Robert! It IS a never ending grind to keep. Good luck to you!
    kkkreg5-6767

    R. Garcia

    It never ends...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Germany
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,289
    All the best to you, Robert! And enjoy filling the new spare time you now have

  7. #7
    Senior Member Zerynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    I took over my uncles account a few months ago and am starting to see the futility of the never ending chase. I will trudge through it to the anniversary and see what happens.
    Good luck man. If you are still having fun keep playing! Somewhere along the line that stopped for me. LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    Thanks for all badges Robert! It IS a never ending grind to keep. Good luck to you!
    Same to you Rene. One of my longest and most dependable Troopers. Thanks, as well, for everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    All the best to you, Robert! And enjoy filling the new spare time you now have

    Thanks Blade! It's been a busy weekend. Haven't had much down time to tempt me yet. LOL.
    Zerynx-2164

    Lost to Apathy - Retired

  8. #8
    Senior Member rags-6094's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,313
    Zerynx/Robert Your taking the steps I seem to be having trouble taking. I haven’t had you as a trooper I don’t think but I have always remembered your forum name in the forum community, peace brother! Enjoy those reaccumulated hours of your life and don’t waste ‘em!
    When I finally decide to move on one day I will include your name in my brain as another to take strength from.

    Good luck to you!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

  9. #9
    Senior Member Zerynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    Zerynx/Robert Your taking the steps I seem to be having trouble taking. I haven’t had you as a trooper I don’t think but I have always remembered your forum name in the forum community, peace brother! Enjoy those reaccumulated hours of your life and don’t waste ‘em!
    When I finally decide to move on one day I will include your name in my brain as another to take strength from.

    Good luck to you!
    Thanks man. I always enjoyed your posts and contributions to the forum. Good luck to you. Believe it or not I haven't missed it that much. The time has seemed to fill quite nicely.
    Zerynx-2164

    Lost to Apathy - Retired

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    687
    Sad to see a good trooper go but it is where NF leads people to with the uncontrolled release of talismans and characters.

    Good luck Robert, enjoy your free time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •