Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost To Apathy

OS
    iOS

Lost To Apathy

TL;DR – I’ve deleted the app and it is doubtful I’m returning. I feel the directions the game has taken recently have made it not enjoyable any longer. Thanks to all my Troopers and in-game friends here on the boards.

So yeah.. I’m done with LOtB.

Upfront, I do want to say to everyone here THANKS MUCH!! It may seem trite at this point, but yes, the reason I’ve kept playing is the Troopers and the online community here. I’ve never met any of you, but I do appreciate the advice, badges, and entertainment here for the last 26 months I’ve been playing the game.

I have had this post rattling around in my head for months. All the things I want to say, helpful criticism to fix a game that I really enjoyed once upon a time; but at the end of the day It’s all useless data. So, from the longest mental goodbye post ever, I’ll try and keep this short(er.)

I was playing AAA on the Gauntlet about 36 hours ago and lost twice. I lost to new characters that I have scant knowledge of, nor do I hardly remember what event they came from. Further, they had talisman sets on that I didn’t recognize, so I had no idea what to even to do try and battle them again. I felt with as much time as I was putting into the game, for me to be so far behind character and talisman wise that I couldn’t even get past AAA….well, I finally realized what a fools errand I was on. So I deleted the app.

It was never my goal to be one of the best like most of you are, I mean.. this was a diversion from my 10 hour work days, house, wife.. blah blah. Most of my time was running up troopers and doing the events. With all of that though, the only (useful) event character I’ve gotten in the past 6 months was the Killer Prime. This new formula of getting enough fragments to then trade for other things to then get what you want, seems shady. Why obfuscate something so much? It makes me feel like I’m getting ripped off in some way. Same feelings about the big new badass Talismans. “Ashes of Ice” Really?

So yeah… it all just morphed into apathy for LOtB. I know it isn’t a Maiden song, but all the good lines have been used before me, so hopefully Dark Tranquility can sum it for me.

Once again thanks all.
    Zerynx/Robert

Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    Android
    I'm about here. I've dropped all but 8 troopers and only play about 30 minutes a day. I've not deleted the app due to I like my collection. I've quit the chase for the lastest and greatest. I still have it here in the forum because I like the band, people and enjoy the read. My wife's glad I've quit "playing" lol. I figure I'll play passively for a while, as I don't see me coming back to the game in the state it's currently in and seems to be going. Enjoy life again. The game and others will always be here.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckFinn150 View Post
    I'm about here. I've dropped all but 8 troopers and only play about 30 minutes a day. I've not deleted the app due to I like my collection. I've quit the chase for the lastest and greatest. I still have it here in the forum because I like the band, people and enjoy the read. My wife's glad I've quit "playing" lol. I figure I'll play passively for a while, as I don't see me coming back to the game in the state it's currently in and seems to be going. Enjoy life again. The game and others will always be here.
    Thanks man. I thought about winding slowly down, but I'm better if I just clean cut. I will miss all that I built for sure, so I understand your feelings there!

FWIW - I told my wife I was done and was met with a huge smile of relief! "You have been mad at that game for months!" LOL - This is a good thing.
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    Android
    I took over my uncles account a few months ago and am starting to see the futility of the never ending chase. I will trudge through it to the anniversary and see what happens.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Thanks for all badges Robert! It IS a never ending grind to keep. Good luck to you!
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    All the best to you, Robert! And enjoy filling the new spare time you now have

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    I took over my uncles account a few months ago and am starting to see the futility of the never ending chase. I will trudge through it to the anniversary and see what happens.
    Good luck man. If you are still having fun keep playing! Somewhere along the line that stopped for me. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    Thanks for all badges Robert! It IS a never ending grind to keep. Good luck to you!
    Same to you Rene. One of my longest and most dependable Troopers. Thanks, as well, for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    All the best to you, Robert! And enjoy filling the new spare time you now have

Thanks Blade! It's been a busy weekend. Haven't had much down time to tempt me yet. LOL.
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    Android
    Zerynx/Robert Your taking the steps I seem to be having trouble taking. I haven’t had you as a trooper I don’t think but I have always remembered your forum name in the forum community, peace brother! Enjoy those reaccumulated hours of your life and don’t waste ‘em!
    When I finally decide to move on one day I will include your name in my brain as another to take strength from.

Good luck to you!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    Zerynx/Robert Your taking the steps I seem to be having trouble taking. I haven’t had you as a trooper I don’t think but I have always remembered your forum name in the forum community, peace brother! Enjoy those reaccumulated hours of your life and don’t waste ‘em!
    When I finally decide to move on one day I will include your name in my brain as another to take strength from.

Good luck to you!
    Thanks man. I always enjoyed your posts and contributions to the forum. Good luck to you. Believe it or not I haven't missed it that much. The time has seemed to fill quite nicely.
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    Android
    Sad to see a good trooper go but it is where NF leads people to with the uncontrolled release of talismans and characters.

Good luck Robert, enjoy your free time.