Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segoy View Post
    How much essence is needed to fill the Vortex from 0 to 100 %? I have it about halfway full, have 95 Alchemist frags (zero Alchemist character and zero Alchemist talismans).

Is it worth of caching in all my souls (10 Legendary, 35 Epic, 90 rare, and ~150 rare souls of various colours) in hope to fill the vortex 2-3 times to get the Alchemist talis (while still no Alchemist character)?

Thanks.
    I think its ~100k to fill the pool, though I do remember its a reduced amount for the first few times you do it.

So you're halfway around, you could do it with 30 epics for 3 20k sacs for the first one, and you might be able to squeeze out a second one if you get some lucky rolls.

Doubtful you'd be able to get a third - you'd have to get extremely lucky with the 5* drops as well as your sac rewards.

As for whether or not its worth it? Its possible you'd hit low numbers on the alchemy frags and miss out. Would that result be OK? That you're just that much closer to the Alchemist, but no tals.

OS
    Android
    100 k per full round. A stack of rare will give approx 30K. Legendary and epic
    2K each if only 4* .

So your rare souls will give about 60 K, epic/ legendary will give 100K. Those are the minimum. So you should get at least 2 vortexes. I doubt you will get a third unless you are extremely lucky.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by bort View Post
    I think its ~100k to fill the pool, though I do remember its a reduced amount for the first few times you do it.

So you're halfway around, you could do it with 30 epics for 3 20k sacs for the first one, and you might be able to squeeze out a second one if you get some lucky rolls.

Doubtful you'd be able to get a third - you'd have to get extremely lucky with the 5* drops as well as your sac rewards.

As for whether or not its worth it? Its possible you'd hit low numbers on the alchemy frags and miss out. Would that result be OK? That you're just that much closer to the Alchemist, but no tals.
    He will get quite a lot souls for sacrificing also ( got 5-6 rare souls for 1 grand sacrifice and sometimes epic souls) and for one rare souls, you get 25 epic fragments. So ten rare souls give one epic. 4 4-star level 80 chars give grand sacrifice or 3 + some level 3 chars. It takes about 10 grand sacrifices for vortex fill. 2 and half vortex fill is quite doable. I did 6 vortex fills yesterday and saw quite a lot precious souls dropping, so money is not so big problem in this event. In Gauntlet Alchemy Set probably is the best Set currently. It is definitely more valuable than one char.
    Last edited by Olevipoeg; 06-13-2019 at 06:15 AM.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    You will want to level up your 4* toons to at least level 40 or 50 to maximize their essence value and minimize your gold/shard resources. Do you have enough gold to level your toons and also drop your souls? You will be looking at 7MM gold to drop all your toons you have besides the souls you will earn.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Be aware though a vortex fill can only give 10, 15, or 20 Alchemist fragments.There's no guarantee it'll drop 25 frags each time. In fact, it probably won't. So it's feasible you need to fill it twice for 25 fragments (1 talisman).... and you need 5 talismans for the set to work. So, that COULD mean 6 or more (possibly 9 or 10) vortex fills for a full 5 set of the talismans.

I ended up sacrificing about 6 full power, fully sharded, 5 star duplicates, as well as buying a couple of the rare soul packs in the store for 675 ironite to get a 4th and 5th fill. And that was after buying all feasible souls with trooper badges, iron coins, a few with frontier coins...etc.

It IS worth is if you can make it, but it may not be worth it if you can only pull off 1 or 2 vortex fills and don't currently have the Alchemist toon.
    Last edited by Yup; 06-13-2019 at 06:28 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    You will want to level up your 4* toons to at least level 40 or 50 to maximize their essence value and minimize your gold/shard resources. Do you have enough gold to level your toons and also drop your souls? You will be looking at 7MM gold to drop all your toons you have besides the souls you will earn.
    When you level up 4* to at least lvl 61 each, you can hit 9k essence with 4x4* (assuming none of them is g or a).
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Segoy View Post
    How much essence is needed to fill the Vortex from 0 to 100 %? I have it about halfway full, have 95 Alchemist frags (zero Alchemist character and zero Alchemist talismans).

Is it worth of caching in all my souls (10 Legendary, 35 Epic, 90 rare, and ~150 rare souls of various colours) in hope to fill the vortex 2-3 times to get the Alchemist talis (while still no Alchemist character)?

Thanks.
    Edit: Posted before seeing this page! lol So much good advice above!

I chased and didnt take hard numbers, but from memory, it was ~3xVI level sacs per round. With the souls you have left, I think you might be playing a lottery to get there....

However, as you drop the souls, you will get frags, as well as be rewarded with more souls. I think I even got lucky on a fill and got a mythical soul. Your 10 legendaries might get you to a mythical too...

But personally for events I always try to keep at least 100 rare souls spare (if not more).

On the plus side, if you are chasing characters, by dropping the souls you might also get lucky! I got 4 new ones and had about the same chase as you.... But I also had a lot more souls spare.
    Last edited by Esquatcho; 06-13-2019 at 07:38 AM.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Done with the sac event. I mustered up enough souls to get my second set of Alchemy talis
    (7 Vortexes.) Also got a Killer Beast and other missing 4*toons over all decent event. Did notice some of the Warrior frags and got W. Legendary & Mythical souls. Also earned frags for more Heroic Mythical souls and got tons of SS.

This week has been "Great".... Bomber AH/ Feldmarschall, Cosmic 3* Purple, Ferryman(from all the FC), Redan & KB, and Alchemy talis. Alot of events.... overwhelmed...... Going to sleep for for the next 2 days ..... Good Luck to all.....Peace Out!
    Last edited by Bakura; 06-13-2019 at 09:03 AM.
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    I had a heap of alchemist frags but got spooked by the change in rare soul conversion so about a month or so ago I converted them all. Now I wish I hadn't done that. I could have bought alchemy 3 set ffs lol But I mean who would think they had could at some point be swapped for rare talismans?? :|

I dont need the warrior rewards as I just got Killer Beast with a W. Mythical soul today so that completes my collection of warriors available from the book of souls, not including NotB Eddie. Yesterday I dropped 20 of the latest event souls as I tend to save them for sac events these days and I actually scored Bomber Ace Eddie and the Magus Pyro Soldier. So already not a bad event for me. Yet to do any decent sacs as more focused on frag event at the moment, not sure how much I will bother though. It might depend on what souls I get for rewards as there's just a handful of gunner and assassin class characters I am left chasing.

On a side note, with all the different types and classes of souls going around now I think the book of souls needs an update. A way to sort between common, rare, epic, legendary and mythical souls as well as by class w/m/s/g/a and precious, heroic, character/event type souls. I get sick of swiping all the way down to the bottom all the time trying to find the soul(s) I am after. Another pain in the butt that has developed over time.
    Last edited by thealchemist; 06-13-2019 at 09:02 AM.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    Dear all,

Thanks for all the great advice. First I need to finish farming for T3 cosmis tal. and then I think I will give it a try (have enough shards and gold to summon and evolve). I will sure let you know how it ended up (wish me luck!).