Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    Not been on here in a day - so they are selling something that does not work they way it is advertised to work - is that what you guys have found?
    Seems like the new game breaking talisman set is not that game breaking, as it only disables the passive disable ICON, not the effect
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Why do they never test stuff?? Why tdo the sell stuff that is not as advertised - surely this is an issue that needs resolved for all the folk who did buy them or indeed spend money on ironite to get them, or indeed use ironite from their stash to get them...all the sam ein the end is it not? Come on Devs we need to hear from you on this one.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Testing costs money instead of generating it! Maybe the tester needs to design the next 10 dungeons, keys, chars and talismans for july instead of testing stuff and solving bugs?

They release to much crazy stuff and still do it without solving older problems and bugs first. The whole passive disable thing is broken for years I'd say! It became very apparent with the Prisoner/KP combo glitch. It was even more apparent now with Charlotte's passive in combination with Vipers and/or Prisoner. Taken this into account it is really not surprising that this new (sic!) tali set does not work as intended. Good thing: every player can get a free set to see that they don't work, lol

I am saying for years now that e.g. counter attacks and shields don't interact as they should. And did something happen? Yes, millions of chars and billions of talis were introduced each putting another problem on top of the existing ones. And even the purple Bat was introduced bringing counter back "to life" (a bit), but still no need to solve connected bugs? Embarrassing! The root of many problems is buried so deep in the code now and the interaction with other stuff is so large that it seems to be almost impossible to disentangle the mess, especially if the frequency of releasing stuff is not reduced.

I try to accept it, the complete stop of spending money helps a lot against parts of the frustration. It seems to me that the team is by far too small to get things done and (unfortunately) they (or some sort of management) decided that the game should take this direction with endless grinds, infinite amount of new stuff, events, keys etc. to keep people busy chasing to get these things and that the new stuff just overlays old problems somehow. This development is really sad and the privilege to use the name of Iron Maiden becomes smaller and smaller. Imagine the band would do a similar amount of "bugs" during their concerts...unimaginable!

But never forget: it's a freemium thing with all (bad) consequences we see every day.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by SinGularity-8786 View Post
    You really did expect something around "disable passive" to work correctly?
    It's more like something "around Prisoner" I bet all prisoner action algorithms are old, ugly and so ancient, nobody really want to change it.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    I think the devs dont even know why the prisoner passive is bugged. I think they need to just start over and find a way to remove current prisoner code and replace him with one where the passive works. how you do that I don't know because of rosters etc but otherwise I feel the bugged prisoner is here to stay.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Olevipoeg View Post
    It's more like something "around Prisoner" I bet all prisoner action algorithms are old, ugly and so ancient, nobody really want to change it.
    If they cannot fix Prisoner for whatever reason then I am sure they can create a brand new one and set up a trade system of old for new. Make sense and must be possible to do I would guess?
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    I told them that this talisman doesnt work. then I asked if they are hiring for their QA/beta department. I dont know the first thing about writing code and fixing it, but clearly neither do they. I'd love to get paid for nothing lol

OS
    iOS
    I have been testing this still and it seems that if the opposing team with Prisoner/Killer wins the toss the talismans do not work. if you win the toss and can cleanse (as per Alchemist) then the talismans seem to prevent any further Disable Passives from occurring. Of course the first round is the most important since you usually win or lose based on the toss. So it all goes back to the Prisoner (and now Killer) and his insanely broken passive which overrides all other coding regarding to his ability. I usually don't submit tickets as this is the official forums and is well read by the dev team. Though the set is broken in terms of first turn determinations, I still have some success using it, if I win the toss. Gambler Eddies will surely be brought down a notch if they fix this set to truly block Passive Disable on the first round against Prisoner/Killer teams. In fact, facing non Prisoner/Killer teams have proved the set works as intended.

Though this report is about the new talisman set, I have also noticed that Virus Eddie's passive which inflicts Passive Disable when he is damaged also works strange. Currently fighting a Charlotte/Gambler/Raven Witch/Musashi team and when the Witch attacked and hit all my allies all enemies except Charlotte showed the Disable Passive icon. I then used Alchemist Last Rites and inflicted Doom on Musashi. Though Musashi had passive disable and could to be inflicted with silver effects, Charlotte did not have the icon and her passive also prevents Silver effects on a team within the first 2 turns. This on my first turn after losing the toss.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    Well tested some more against Gambler/Prisner/Musashi/Killer Prime and it seems even when cleansed by Alchemist, the passive disable is still there and bypassed. Tested three times all the same results.

OS
    Android
    The way it reads to me Singularity Talisman reduce damage by 35% and grant immunity from PD and PPD to allies only not the wearer.
    The wearer gets to steal all beneficial effects including golden effects from one random enemy every turn.

As for Prisoner his passive reads inflicts PD on all enemy’s on the first turn and 50% chance every turn after that.
    I have always struggled with understanding why PD on Prisoner seems to win over other characters, I guess it makes sense that all other passives simply don’t have effect if they have been disabled, it has to start somewhere, as for the set not working, I’ll just have to go by what your saying Stormseye I haven’t got a full set yet.

It makes sense why they have released them, it’s just crazy in the arena atm with Vipers and so many characters with PD skills, if you don’t have Gambler like me you are definitely at a disadvantage. Let me ask another question though: who are you going to take out of your team or what Talisman is getting the flick for Singularitys to be in your team?

At the end of the day we all have the same disadvantages and advantages to deal with, sometimes your behind sometimes your laying waste to everything in your path. I’m still having fun overall...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan