Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

What I don't "get" about the daily/weekly dungeons....

If you can run "madness", I see no reason to run the "normal" or "hard' difficulties OTHER THAN the SOT cost.

So run madness 3 times at 30SOT each you've basically used 4hrs of SOT building (and only 3 trooper badges)..... So go away for 4 hrs until you have more SOT or spend ironite for a refill.

The rewards aren't "stunning". Don't get me wrong, it's always nice to get stuff which varies from the standard cosmos rewards. But it's not like the daily/weekly dungeons are dropping super rare items. Or are they supposed to be dropping super rare items? (I can't check rewards because I don't have one active at the moment) I typically get some gold, a precious soul, maybe some frags and on the off chance a Skill Shard or a few Frontier coins. But.. most of that I get from skull quests for 1/3 the SOT cost or Sat15 for 0 SOT.

So.. where's the player benefit to spending so much SOT? Am I simply missing it?
    Last edited by Yup; 06-20-2019 at 09:15 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    They also drop talisman soul fragments every once in awhile. I don't think the drops are spectacular, but the Ironite and SoT drops I've seen make them worth it overall. I usually just spend the Ironite needed for the SoT refill when I'm ready to do them. The SoT and Ironite they give is on average worth the 30 Ironite spent for the refill. The other loot is bonus.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    Well not necessarily.. the last 3 days I've run all 3 madness with 0 SOT return.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Well not necessarily.. the last 3 days I've run all 3 madness with 0 SOT return.
    Right, not always.

I just ran my 3 daily dungeons, all on Madness.

I spent 30 Ironite on the SoT refill (22.5 actually for the 90 SoT).

My total rewards from the 3 runs:

1 skill shard
    10 FCs
    50 epic soul frags
    25 SoT (worth 6 Ironite)
    12 SoW (worth 30 Ironite)
    50 Ironite

So, the 22.5 Ironite I spent gave back 86 Ironite (either directly or in SoT / SoW). Plus, the other loot. Just one example . . .
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    But isn't that kind of spinning the wheels without any actual progress? Why not just double the frequency of Sat15 or shorten times between Skull Quests?

Sorry, I'm really not trying to be obstinate.. I simply don't "get" what the point is other than to waste 10 minutes of time. There's NOTHING the daily dungeons offer which are unique (other than the first time you run them). The weekly will drop more talisman soul frags.. so I get that... but you can't upgrade the cosmics really anyway.. at least not for 6 months to a year.

It simply seems to me these "Features" are nothing more than random distractions that don't really offer ANYTHING to players which they can't collect in other (cheaper) ways.

It would be vastly different if every weekly/daily dungeon always dropped rare cosmic items.. or every daily dungeon always dropped FC or cosmic frags.. or something. But to spend 90SOT and get 20 back.. that's NOT helping you. You still spent 70 SOT and if you had to refill SOT before or after running the dungeon, any ironite isn't helping you in any way either, other than to waste that 10 minutes, because you've then spent 30 ironite minimum.

It's a false economy. You feel like you are getting rewards, but really you aren't getting anything.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    I dont see it as a waste. Overall the rewards are ironite/SoT positive with a few small rewards thrown in. If you want to play it, they force you to earn the daily challenges and it also makes you use toons that you may not normally use.

If you auto play you dont have to setup each battle. I save a few daily keys and run them in a row so you dont need to swap talisman so many times.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Has anyone picked up any of the special talisman evolution materials like black rain etc... from the cosmic talisman dungeon? They are listed as rewards but I have not seen a single one drop in 50+ runs of the rare key required dungeon.

Never mind. 4 runs later and I finally got a demon seed. The drop rate for the special items must be really rare.
    Last edited by Tim28213; 06-21-2019 at 02:29 AM.
    "A good game is like a mirror that allows you to look into yourself. And you can learn a lot about a man by watching how he plays a game." Malcador

Cartic-4058 - in-game account ID

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Overall the rewards are ironite/SoT positive

How so?? If you spend 30SOT and get 20 back.. that's not "positive" Spend 90 and get 20 back it's worse.

And as long as you DON'T use any refills before or after, then yes, the ironite may be positive. But if there's a refill on the same day, then that too is negative because they don't reward 30+ ironite. At least I've not seen that much rewarded.

Sorry.. just kind of feeling like it's smoke and mirrors. I realize I'm not forced to play them.

As for the cosmic dungeons.. played a ton.. but yeah. super rare items seem to be set at the worst drop rate ever.. I've not seen any as of yet.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    I've actually been able to run all challenges, skull quests, dungeons and troopers without having to refill more often than not. I start the rollover with 120, play the skull quests, complete the challenges and most of the time I have around 80 or 90 SoT left over and still complete my troopers before the day is out.

I like the rewards, getting 25-75 extra ironite a day is a blessing. Plus the precious souls help a decent amount too. Sure it's not giving out 200 frontier coins and whole ass mythical souls per play but I'd appreciate what we got right now.

OS
    iOS
    I'm merely weighing cost vs rewards and I'm having a difficult time seeing how it's player beneficial. I don't see how 30SOT per run is anything other than a way to deplete SOT for a player.
    CLANLESS