Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I'm merely weighing cost vs rewards and I'm having a difficult time seeing how it's player beneficial. I don't see how 30SOT per run is anything other than a way to deplete SOT for a player.
    In the example I gave from my runs earlier today, I spent 30 Ironite to refill my SoT for the dungeons. The dungeons gave me 50 Ironite as rewards, plus SoT. So, I was positive 20 Ironite from the endeavor, plus had almost half a SoT refill left. Not to mention the other loot I got.
    Last edited by druid138; 06-21-2019 at 04:43 AM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    I don't see the point of the thread. If you feel the rewards aren't worth it for you just don't do the dungeon. No ?

Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    I like the rewards, getting 25-75 extra ironite a day is a blessing.
    Sadly 25 isn't a guaranteed minimum, you can end up with 0. This week was actually far worse in terms of ironite than the previous week (for me). Three times I've earned nothing, two times I've gotten 25. Well, maybe next week's going to be better
    Last edited by Liu; 06-21-2019 at 09:20 AM.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    iOS
    It's like all else in this game - luck and RNG plus do or do not. It's a choice on the do or do not and that to me is all they can offer us which is fine. The game is almost entirely RNG based these days in terms of what we get from the game. Yeah we do certainly have startegy (in places) and processes and the odd difficult or time consuming thing to do each event or indeed each day - do them or dont do them. Try to keep or just relax a bit and dont try to keep up and dip into the game - me, it's mostly a repetitive addiction with some minor areas of challenge and thought...but doing all of that through a medium I love and that's Maiden and Eddie more specifically.

I try my best to keep up but with the no spend plocy usually firmly in place and if I cant achieve something I just move on. I am hoping they chill out the events a little going forward - it has been a big grindathon for a while now - I kind of wish that could slow down a lot, just for me as my phone aint a phone much anymore - it's a 24/7 gaming device pretty much (but again my choice to make it like that as it taps into my compulsive tendancies).

My chat is wandering way off topic - but the bottom line really is that we choose to do it or not. If it pisses you off just dont do it, if it is not of value drop it. I try to get my two kids accounts through a lot of this when they have not got time as a lot of this sort of additions to the game help them out as they are lower level than me - so the spate of events recently is usually way more useful for them than they are to me. So these maybe are not so good for the old timers at the top - but for new folks and middle level players I think it is certainly of more value.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Im not keeping track of any rewards from anywhere anymore since there is SO much going on in the game right now. ("we heard your comments and we intend to scale back the number of events" MY ASS!!!)

Anyway, this month I have run everything possible and completely finished all events. I spent a good bit of my ironite supply on the Strafing run dungeon, but since that event I have gone beyond the minimums on other events and I still see my ironite increasing. I buy SoT refills whenever I run out and still want to play, I haven't come close to needing to by SoW for Gauntlet and I still have almost 1k left after making the climb to SSS. I do the daily dungeon, the weekly dungeon, 4 cosmic talis dungeons, etc etc. I don't see a downside at all.

Make this clear, I don't think NF needs to adjust the rewards down, I think they are barely at the "correct" balanced level. If they increase or decrease anything, it would throw it all off. Face it, I think they might have finally done something just right.

OS
    iOS
    I personally think the pay off is worth running a daily dungeon if you have all else covered for the day. Troopers and what have you. I just popped a key with 70 SoT available and ended up nabbing more SoT to run all three, 25 ironite, two skill shards, 10 talisman soul frags, 50 epic soul frags, gold and a few other items. I think it’s more than worth it, especially if you got all your other chores completed for the day.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    Android
    I think Scott hit on the answer. NF is really focusing on the newbie's game experience, so this daily dungeon can really be geared towards benefitting them. Like everyone else said, overall we end up with rewards.
    Yet, Yup makes a good point, is it really worth the time..... especially with so many events and stuff going on?
    I've been putting the daily dungeons off until the end of the week and hitting them all at once. I wonder if letting them build up, that eventually you need to open them because we can't delete/sell them, so we're forced to use them eventually.
    That Rare dungeon is not so great either, unless it gives more cosmic evo material (black rain, sacred crowns etc.)
    That evo stuff is so rare and you need 5 of a particular one to evolve. Hopefully it doesn't take 6 months to a year like Yup said, but still, it can take months.
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakura View Post
    I've been putting the daily dungeons off until the end of the week and hitting them all at once. I wonder if letting them build up, that eventually you need to open them because we can't delete/sell them, so we're forced to use them eventually.
    You can pop all souls in one go and then just ignore the dungeon, there is nothing forcing you to play it.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu View Post
    You can pop all souls in one go and then just ignore the dungeon, there is nothing forcing you to play it.
    I know that. I didn't say we are forced to "play" the dungeon, but once we accumulate a certain amount, eventually we will have to open them..... that can waste gold.
    They should make it a seperate "claim" option. That way when we earn them, we wouldn't have to claim them. We could just let them expire until the next days achievements.
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    I'm more than happy to play the weekly dungeons especially.

Today I played and came home with 150 ironite, 75 Frontier coins, 15 sands of war and 90 SoT.