Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    I would say you'd be best to save your frags for FFE, Segoy. He is an exceptional character, and the Frontier talismans are not particularly impressive, given the progress it would cost you. My two cents.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    I would say you'd be best to save your frags for FFE, Segoy. He is an exceptional character, and the Frontier talismans are not particularly impressive, given the progress it would cost you. My two cents.
    I could not agree more. I have 2 FFEs and would still rather work towards a 3rd than buy the talismans. He is such a useful character, especially in gauntlet. If you're working towards your first, it's a no-brainer in my opinion.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    I could not agree more. I have 2 FFEs and would still rather work towards a 3rd than buy the talismans. He is such a useful character, especially in gauntlet. If you're working towards your first, it's a no-brainer in my opinion.
    How do duplicates help with gauntlet ? Am I missing something ?

@Segoy:

Given you will never perform better than A (ofc you will, just bare with me for the heck of it) it'll take you roughly 22 weeks longer to get FFE. If you feel frontier talies would help you a lot right now it may not a be a wrong decision to get them considering how much longer it takes until you can make use of FFE. Get some minor improvement today or delay a major improvement that it still far away. Also FFE is outclassed by NotB and Gambler. If you got any of either FFE will have niche, i.e. gauntlet, use only.
    Last edited by Liu; 06-28-2019 at 07:18 AM.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu View Post
    How do duplicates help with gauntlet ?
    The right ones can really speed things up through AAA.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu View Post
    How do duplicates help with gauntlet ? Am I missing something ?

@Segoy:

Given you will never perform better than A (ofc you will, just bare with me for the heck of it) it'll take you roughly 22 weeks longer to get FFE. If you feel frontier talies would help you a lot right now it may not a be a wrong decision to get them considering how much longer it takes until you can make use of FFE. Get some minor improvement today or delay a major improvement that it still far away. Also FFE is outclassed by NotB and Gambler. If you got any of either FFE will have niche, i.e. gauntlet, use only.
    Hi Liu, Druid138 and Educated Fool,

Thanks for your split ( ) ) advice. I have the Gambler, but not NotB.

I definitely long for FFE, but in my slow progress it seems that a small help via talismans (they seem to me quite useful, plus Mysticals give a huge plus in HP) may carry me to higher gauntlet/arena ranks.

It is a headache, I guess I will have to flip a coin shortly before end of the event...

Thanks once again.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    The right ones can really speed things up through AAA.
    Naah. I had enough frags for another 2 FFE and we just had 2 Sentinel Gauntlet tours. I never needed another FFE. We have POM, BB, Visions and Pharaoh. Unsharded FFE is not so good and it takes 26 shards to bring it full power. I have had some losses in gauntlet because I put talismans on wrong dupe Eddie.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    FFE is one of only two dupe Eds I've ever sharded (the other is F'N Visions ). Never thought I'd see the day I'd shard a dupe Ed, but those two have sped up my progress more than once, and these days, Skill Shards grow on trees anyway.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Well,

Thanks to all of your advice. At the end I found I have 3 Frontier talis "stored" at a low value character, so I bought only the remaining ones - made a compromise.