It had to be done...

So after years of grinding, and the most recent trend of trying to collect the latest and greatest talismans, I found myself not remembering which Eddie or Ally I had certain talismans on. Gauntlet hasn't helped this either as you are in a constant state of moving talismans around to clear the levels. Since an effective means of tracking talismans hasn't been introduced into the game as of yet I found that the only way I was going to know what I currently have and where it's at was to start a spreadsheet and go through each member of my roster and write down who has what. I figured since I was tracking talismans, I might as well track how many of my roster are fully skill sharded as well. This spreadsheet is going to be a pain in the ass to keep current, but at least I have a clean starting place. Hopefully this will help things go quicker if I am adamant about keeping it updated.

Remember back at the dawn of the game when skill shards were such a rare commodity that you really had to think long and hard who you wanted to put them on? Remember the requests to the devs to allow us move skill shards around after they nerfed certain characters? Obviously that was never going to be an option, but since the introduction of SS dropping more frequently and the ability to earn them in challenges and achievements on more of a regular basis, I lost track of how many fully sharded members of my roster there were.

Well today I finally know the number. After hours of work going through my inventory I was shocked to learn that I have 53 Eddies with max SS and 112 Allies with max SS. I know that's not even close to what some might have but I was really surprised it was that high.

So at long last I now know where my talismans are hiding and how many fully SS members of my inventory. Now to reconfigure most of them to give them the talismans that work best on them. I know many times I got lazy and when I got a new Eddie or Ally I'd put whatever talismans I had laying around that were maxed out without any thought about how they would work with the skills of the character just so I could try them out.

Now to do some research about which talismans I should put on whom. Some were well thought out, but sadly many were done with no thought whatsoever.

Guess that might be a project for this weekend...

As for now... back to my other job that actually pays me for my time...

Up the Irons!!!
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    Android
    Very relieved that this isn't a farewell post! You're one of my longest running troopers. Plus, you assisted me in getting my crimson Pharaoh dog way back. It's funny going back to old posts like who should I shard, Nomad or WCOTD. I spend way too much time looking for misplaced talismans as well.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

LOL... Naaaa... Not a farewell post yet... :-) Although I have to admit I go through phases that make me question why I still play as much as I do. At the end of many days it's the commitment I feel towards my loyal troopers and not so much that I'm finding the game irresistible!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who spends way too much time looking for misplaced / swapped talismans. It was so much easier when there weren't so many. I suppose that's the evolution of the game. It would be nice if they'd create an easier way of managing inventory instead of endless dungeons to burn more ironite. But a time for everything I suppose... Let's hope the inventory management isn't too far down the road!!
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player

OS
    iOS
    Ya know.. I started developing a web database for cosmics.. what they did, stats, which character they were on.. but it quickly became way too much like work
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Another that's glad see it's not "goodbye" post!

I started out trying to track the number of talismans and sets I had in order to sell what I didn't need at the time. That went out the window fast!

Does anyone think they'll answer these types of questions/concerns on the 12th?
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    Another that's glad see it's not "goodbye" post!

I started out trying to track the number of talismans and sets I had in order to sell what I didn't need at the time. That went out the window fast!

Does anyone think they'll answer these types of questions/concerns on the 12th?
    Well... if you don't ask the question, the answer is always no. But in this case if you do ask the question, the answer could also be "No". I hope they do answer and address it. This really is a problem that I'm certain that they are aware of.
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player