Utah. No, I don't know why. I think it was vodka. Or a redhead. Likely both.
    OS
    Android

Advice needed on what to keep, what to sell, and who to give the sack

It's time for me to do some housekeeping!

I need some advice on what is safe to pitch over the side. I've been hoarding pretty much everything and buying slots, but that's a bit extreme (and costly -- yeah, I hoard resources, too) so things have gots to go. I just don't know which things and it'll be my luck I'll toss something and regret it later when I get killed by it. So...

- Are there any one-, two-, or three-star characters worth keeping and upgrading, or should I just pitch 'em when the event calls for it?
    - Are there any of the more common talismans that I should be keeping? I've been getting rid of the spare ones that seem to farm really easily (Health, for example).
    - Should I hang on to leftover fragments from events? Do events repeat at some point, making them useful, or is it a one-and-done kinda thing?
    - How long is a good amount of time to keep inactive troopers? I've been holding on to them for seven days but don't know if that's excessive or not (I play every day for about 6 hours, if that matters to things)?

Sorry if some of this has been asked before; I'm still a newbie and some of the threads I saw were a bit outdated.

Thanks!

OS
    Android
    In this game, hoarders are winners. You never know what may come in handy at one point or another.

Rule of thumb here, is never sacrifice someone if they are the only one you got. In other words, only sacrifice duplicates, or dupes. Everyone comes in handy at some point due to a passive, or talisman color slots, or gauntlet or the new frontier key dungeons.

It's good to save a good amount of Talismans. Having AT LEAST one set of every variety will prepare you for whatever situation arises, but generally speaking, the more common ones are pretty expendable compared to the rare ones you'd find in Brave New World, the stores or events.

Normally you might want to hold onto leftover fragments, but if it's from a one off event like a character fragment or one of the many event souls, then you can convert those into precious fragments. Chances are you won't see them again anyways.

Some people get rid of inactive troopers after 3 days, others are kind enough to wait a week. Me personally, I give my troopers around 5 days unless I know that they just can't play the game like they're on vacation or something.

And here's some advice for the long run, don't make big sacrifices unless there's a sacrifice event going on. If you hold onto your dupes for a whole month, they will pile up big time and when that sacrifice event hits, you'll score big.

Utah. No, I don't know why. I think it was vodka. Or a redhead. Likely both.
    OS
    Android
    Sweet! Thanks, Amarthir -- I appreciate the advice and insights. Sounds like I need to come off my gold and start buying more slots.

Thanks again!

OS
    Android
    Trends are leaning towards using lower star characters in certain settings, I power up the 1 and 2 stars that can wear the important talismans.Name:  Screenshot_2019-06-26-18-48-11.png
Views: 686
Size:  758.8 KBName:  Screenshot_2019-06-26-18-48-01.png
Views: 742
Size:  850.3 KBName:  Screenshot_2019-06-26-18-49-13.png
Views: 885
Size:  918.3 KBName:  Screenshot_2019-06-26-18-49-29.png
Views: 575
Size:  821.3 KB
    Loser 1 and 2 stars come in very handy in Gauntlet and probably we will see challenges with low star level restrictions. I keep multiples of ones lime Prisoner amd FFE to make clearing AAA in Gauntlet easier too. Stacking resources like ironite is nice but there always seems to be a good event to burn through a few thousand each month. Gold, iron coins, trooper badges, souls especially common and evo materials all pile up, there should be a swap meet store to convert all this into something useful like IRONITE.

OS
    iOS
    On the lower level chars, make sure you only upgrade them in events! I still get rid of many of them, but do upgrade the ones based on what talismans they can wear too.

Otherwise 3* mostly get kept, but I did get rid of common red/blue/green ones originally.

On talismans, I tend to put the standard sets not upgraded on lower level characters to save on inventory and have a backup if ever needed. Then any new ones the come get sold for $.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Talisman value thread may be helpful

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/s...n-Value-Thread

As for toons - I do not recommend keeping any of the 1*/2* - it takes up tremendous amounts of space (30 ironite per 5 extra slots) and more importantly the added scrolling until you find what you are looking for .... Also you will never use most of your toons even in gauntlet including higher * toons. By the time you can get to SSS and redo it repeatedly you will have a sufficient amount of 4*/5*.
    The same holds true for 3* with only few exceptions like desert guardian or assassin demon spawn. I've kept about 4 or 5 3* in total and no 1*/2* at all. I have never been in a situation where I would've been in need of one.

Keeping non duplicates of everything isn't necessarily the best strategy for the more common toons like the Valkyries for example. Your amount of skillshards is low in the beginning and therefore many non-dupes may not be of any use. The time you hold on to something that is of no use costs you the forgone sac value (and space). Though this might not be as relevant an argument as it used to be before the rework of the sac system.
    Last edited by Liu; 06-28-2019 at 07:23 AM.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race