OS
    Android

New toons ruining arena?

Over the last weeks it seems to me the participation in arena becomes lower and lower day by day.
    First half of the year there continously were players in top10 with 10k points and more.
    The last weeks even myself sometimes finished as eternal only using the daily free SoW.

What do you think? What are your suggestions?
    Last edited by SinGularity-8786; 10-10-2019 at 11:59 AM.

OS
    Android
    I see 2 things:
    - many new players with all the crazy boss characters I don't have (but often they are low in relics and/or don't have the overpowered talis)
    - in total a lower activity, especially at the upper end just as you said

My personal activity is also reduced a lot. For me it is because of all these overpowered characters that dominate and set the recent metric. As I lost track a bit about what is going on and how to counter these teams, I reduced my PvP activity. Which is sic as SoW would not be the problem nowadays. Maybe I event set a fun defense to go against different teams in the lower ranks.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    I just don't play vs 90% of my attack list because of wtf actual defense teams
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    iOS
    I play only for my saved IC and only good reward is ironite,not motivated with other shot rewards...

OS
    Android
    I dont think it is any different than previous OP dumps. Wasnt lilith gamechangers only earned through grinding. The same as the gods. Now it LoL and related awakenable toons. It is for the ones with resources, time and possibly real money to grasp the golden rings, until it tarnishes and is replaced.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Please feel free to find me in the 3000s tier - I'm a 3 star Mummy Eddie with no talismans, and though I don't look like much, I will fight ya with everything I got!

(I'm trying to get back down below 2,500 before this session ends so that I can actually have fun and try out some new characters. I have like a dozen from recent events that haven't been arena-tested - and have built up 600+ SoW while hoping it gets better. I'm not bothering with the cookie cutter teams, I don't have Charlotte or Orbits, so how can I compete?)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by blade685 View Post
    ...because of wtf actual defense teams
    Exactly.

It's unfairly matched much of the time.

The non-present AI boost.. is well.. not there, right??

There's a cycle to it.. I don't know what that cycle is, but it's there. Sometimes you can go fighting and things operate exactly as you'd expect.. you lose when you knew there was that possibility going in. You win when you were pretty sure you could expect to win.

Then there are times when you lose and there was no reason on Earth why you should lose. You lose to teams with half the power of yours, teams without Orbit or Celestial talismans.. times when the Defense team has a character hitting 3 times harder than it should when there are no buffs present..... (My theory is that it's a relic thing.. they aren't 100% power all the time every time.. or they are "calculated" and "adjusted")

When you hit one of those losing cycles, it's best to stop and not fight any more. In other words If I lose to a team I should NEVER lose to.. I quit fighting. Because chances are I'll keep losing to that team at that time. If I wait 4-8 hrs and fight the same team.. I'll wipe them out in half a turn. If I lose to a team that I COULD lose to and I know that.. then I'll regroup and fight again.

Lately the "there's no way you'll ever win this match" has been far more common and there's no rhyme or reason to it. So.. I don't fight much.

It's all relatively the same teams anyway.. same shit different username. PvP has ALWAYS been a bit boring to me. I'm only ever incentivized to fight more if there are better rewards associated with it.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

thats the nature of many similar apps. sentinel mayan, vhe, plenty others were the "new toons ruining arena", or "new players will never catch up". devs have said these characters are introduced with counter strategies in mind.

in gauntlet, devs said difficulty/enemy line up is adjusted to account strength. i suspect relics play a major metric in that, and may also affect pvp?

OS
    Android
    I just had my whole team wiped out, except for my Sentinel werewolf. The other team was down to a Ferryman and a Final Frontier Eddie, both at nearly full health. My werewolf survived and won ?!