Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

My Gauntlet Confusion

Hi guys! I've been reading through the forum for awhile but never registered. I just did the other day. Wanted to say thanks to everyone in here who answers peoples posts its alot of help. Anyway......
    Right now I'm somewhat confused at what just happened to me in the gauntlet. I always ALWAYS get stuck and end in D. I don't have enough Eddie's when the round gets specific. I thought I was gonna be good this time I had enough characters/Eddie's and just needed 3 more wins to win 250 frontier coins and I was gonna be able to get a new character. I was excited Haha BUT:
    I was in D. Battle 3.It is sentinel/magus only. I had ONE sentinel Eddie left. Mummy Eddie. Sigh. But good team. Well.....my opponent had a team of gunners and warriors along with 1sentinel 1 magus. How is that possible? I was only able to select sentinel/magus. Why not the opponent also?
    The worst is he/she had aces bomber which is what really won it and hurt me and I have an aces bomber too.....but couldn't use him.
    Is this normal?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries419 View Post
    Hi guys! I've been reading through the forum for awhile but never registered. I just did the other day. Wanted to say thanks to everyone in here who answers peoples posts its alot of help. Anyway......
    Right now I'm somewhat confused at what just happened to me in the gauntlet. I always ALWAYS get stuck and end in D. I don't have enough Eddie's when the round gets specific. I thought I was gonna be good this time I had enough characters/Eddie's and just needed 3 more wins to win 250 frontier coins and I was gonna be able to get a new character. I was excited Haha BUT:
    I was in D. Battle 3.It is sentinel/magus only. I had ONE sentinel Eddie left. Mummy Eddie. Sigh. But good team. Well.....my opponent had a team of gunners and warriors along with 1sentinel 1 magus. How is that possible? I was only able to select sentinel/magus. Why not the opponent also?
    The worst is he/she had aces bomber which is what really won it and hurt me and I have an aces bomber too.....but couldn't use him.
    Is this normal?
    Hi Aries, glad you found the community!

And yes, this is very normal. The thing is that the gauntlet is specifically mean to be increasing difficulty. One thing you will find, as you get new characters, upgrade them and expand the number of chars you have, you will soon be flying past D

Wait until later class specific rounds above A. Then you need to have 5 single colour eddies and 15 chars of the one colour.

If you give us your in-game name, we can check out your team and give advice as to what to work on perhaps?
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Aries, you also need to be prepared for their team to have talisman on toons that you cant use. Once a new toon toon is released it will be in the gauntlet that day. Your opponents in gauntlet do not have to follow any rules that you have to. Have fun battling through the gauntlet.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Thanks guys.

OS
    iOS
    Realize the in the Gauntlet you are not battling against other players. The enemy teams are entirely configured by the app.

Sometimes, if your'e just one battle short of something, and you HAVE to use a weaker Eddie.. swapping talismans around can help. For example. Destiny talismans on Mummy Eddie may make him survive a bit longer. I wouldn't normally waste a set of Destinys on Mummy Ed.. but for a single gauntlet battle, it can be worth a quick swap.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Main problem in Gauntlet is running out of Eddies after you’ve been round SSS a few times... try not to lose battles ffs!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    For example. Destiny talismans on Mummy Eddie may make him survive a bit longer. I wouldn't normally waste a set of Destinys on Mummy Ed.. but for a single gauntlet battle, it can be worth a quick swap.
    That’s ofc. only if you play for the AI team...
    Otherwise he has 3 mandatory green slots which might make it a bit tricky to try to fit a 4 blue set on him...

OS
    iOS
    Ermm.. Mummy Ed has 2 greens slots and 1 blue slot. He can wear Destinys.

And everyone runs out of Eddies at 96 battles maximum. Each new Eddie released increases that by 1 Best anyone can do is run SSS 2.5 times I believe (Might be 3.5 times). The trick is who does it first with the fewest losses. In other words.. who has to deal with the AI boost most during tougher battles.
    Last edited by Yup; 07-11-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Ermm.. Mummy Ed has 2 greens slots and 1 blue slot. He can wear Destinys.

And everyone runs out of Eddies at 96 battles maximum. Each new Eddie released increases that by 1 Best anyone can do is run SSS 2.5 times I believe (Might be 3.5 times). The trick is who does it first with the fewest losses. In other words.. who has to deal with the AI boost most during tougher battles.
    Oops! sorry mate. i read “sentinel/magus only” and for some reason Pharaoh Eddie got stuck in my brain and i kept reading about Mummy as Pharaoh :P

OS
    iOS
    Well, same Egyptian world. Maybe Mummy IS Pharaoh.. or was at some point
    CLANLESS