Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    OS
    Android
    WOO HOOO.... Never thought I would be adding to the connection errors issue but here I am.

Ok first things first what in the fraking heck did you guys do to your servers?

Or perhaps there is a simpler explanation.

Basically I have a very sneaking idea that they have implemented software that tracks the ip's that are connected continuously for a significant length of time and attempts to either time them out or disconnect them. I figure this probably works pretty good on portable devices. However when it comes to emulators on a desktop it probably doesn't work as well. Mainly because desktops are either plugged in or on wifi which don't operate the way cellular networks do. What I would really like to know is what group is really having the issues. PC users or mobile? I know I have seen a few more issues mobile than normal but the data network where I am can be flakey so I can't be sure of what is causing it. However the lag and connection problems on my pc are starting to make the game almost unplayable. Getting stuck in the middle of combat is one of the favourite things it does where its on autopilot but the autopilot isn't sure whos turn it is anymore so it does nothing. Or variety of please check your internet connection again errors, yeah hardwired here and no issues with my connection.

So really whats causing the problem? Bad implementation of code? Attempts to control how many connections to the server are going on at a time? Controlling how long a connection can last? Kinda makes you wonder if they paid the server hosting bill.

Cause if its bad implementation of code you have my sympathies now roll it back and get it working.

If it has anything to do with trying to control the number of connections and how long the player can be connected, well, lets just say I have ranted on that topic several times. It boils down to if you don't want people connected to the game for days at a time figure out a way to get rid of the requirement to be connected for days at a time because of how long it takes to grind the events into completion.

Cause we have two choices to win this game... permanent grinding or pay to win. There is no way a casual player can compete in this game anymore.

OS
    Android
    It's not because of emulators. If it is connection control, the software gas gone haywire and can't determine actual connection uptime-- disconnecting after a few minutes at best. This is on an Android V30 on strong wifi OR cellular, no difference.

If it's bad code, they need to push an update to the app store that is the version BEFORE clans. Take that new code back to the drawing board.

Most likely they didn't forecast enough capital budget for server infrastructure, i.e. the number of new users is overloading the system. And THIS is an unsolvable issue. Without people playing, there's no money. Without money, there's no new servers. Meaning, the game is dead and they are looking for new jobs.
    Last edited by Ydex; 10-27-2019 at 10:19 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ydex View Post
    Meaning, the game is dead and they are looking for new jobs.
    New jobs? Would you trust any of these guys make a good cup of coffee or getting your food order right?
    AHABSHARPOON-5710

OS
    Android
    I don't blame the individual developers. If their management team doesn't have good change control policies, realistic project scope, or doesn't follow the recommendations of the technical staff, then individual talent doesn't make a bit of difference. Anyway, this is most likely an issue of how much money should be re-invested into infrastructure. And they've pushed that balance to the breaking point-- probably "of no return" at this point.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    I don't blame the individual developers. If their management team doesn't have good change control policies, realistic project scope, or doesn't follow the recommendations of the technical staff, then individual talent doesn't make a bit of difference. Anyway, this is most likely an issue of how much money should be re-invested into infrastructure. And they've pushed that balance to the breaking point-- probably "of no return" at this point.
    Good point. I don't mean to shit on individuals but it's so fucking frustrating. The game needs to be fixed from the ground up before adding so much additional content. There also needs to be staff on standby especially if events are starting on the weekend -- ie. Gauntlet Season 5 in a couple hours...
    AHABSHARPOON-5710

OS
    Android
    I hear you, man. I'm just stating it as plainly as possible-- this development shop is going to be closing its doors soon. They don't have enough of whatever it takes to fix the broken code/servers/whatever. Whether it's money, man-power, or priorities, if they could fix it they would have done it already. Therefore, they can't. And this game is dead.

ETA: Either I'm going to get banned, or someone from NF is going to post an update reassuring us that the game isn't permanently broken.

OR, they could fix it. But I don't think they can.
    Last edited by Ydex; 10-27-2019 at 11:25 PM.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    They just released a hotfix for the iOS issues, specifically. Apple Store only.

This makes sense. Seems they've put all their efforts into this one issue. And apparently worked all weekend, as it's dropping Sunday afternoon.

Cheers, devs. Keep pushing through this.
    Last edited by Ydex; 10-28-2019 at 12:34 AM.

OS
    Android
    aaand within seconds of the Gauntlet reset, game crashed and won't load. Will I get my Starfires? I give it a 50/50 chance.

OS
    Android
    I hear you, man. I'm just stating it as plainly as possible-- this development shop is going to be closing its doors soon. They don't have enough of whatever it takes to fix the broken code/servers/whatever. Whether it's money, man-power, or priorities, if they could fix it they would have done it already. Therefore, they can't. And this game is dead.

ETA: Either I'm going to get banned, or someone from NF is going to post an update reassuring us that the game isn't permanently broken.

OR, they could fix it. But I don't think they can.
    Ydex you obviously haven't read some of my older posts... get banned... yeah thats funny.

However speaking of some of my older posts, unless they have been removed (must check) there is some really odd information in regards to the game itself and people involved in it.