Utah. No, I don't know why. I think it was vodka. Or a redhead. Likely both.
    OS
    Android

Alexander now or Gambler later?

After the last event, I got lucky and ended up with enough Frontier Coins to finally get something cool: Alexander! But looking at things, I'm wondering if I'm better off not getting Alexander and sitting on my precious FC until I can afford Gambler. Kinda torn. As it stands, I have DDE and BBE which have served me really well, a complement of Liliths, and some other seemingly powerful characters hanging around. I'm really weak on Assassin Eddies (Iron, Executioner, and Storm) and okay-ish on Warriors (Clansman, Eddie, Phantom, RttH, Trooper, and Virus). PvP-wise, Duelist is about as high as I can get right now.

Any thoughts on what I should do would be great! Thanks!

OS
    iOS
    Alexander is great for PVE clearing and can still hold ground in the Arena with the right talismans. Gambler covers the whole playing field though. it is a tough call since you don't have enough for Gambler but maybe the upcoming events will allow you to get more FC. Given your current list of Eddies and without knowing your goals I would say

Alexander if you are looking to farm or complete all PVE

Gambler if you are going to focus more on PVP.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

Utah. No, I don't know why. I think it was vodka. Or a redhead. Likely both.
    OS
    Android
    Thanks, Stormseye! I figure PvP is WAY outta my reach for a good bit: my latest list of opponents at Duelist II is comprised of 7 FFE and 3 Gamblers. Can't even imagine what higher levels look like! lol Farming is probably my best option to play catch-up (and I am struggling in Night City really bad).

Thanks again for the advice!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengu316 View Post
    Thanks, Stormseye! I figure PvP is WAY outta my reach for a good bit: my latest list of opponents at Duelist II is comprised of 7 FFE and 3 Gamblers. Can't even imagine what higher levels look like! lol Farming is probably my best option to play catch-up (and I am struggling in Night City really bad).

Thanks again for the advice!
    Id just tweak Stormseye's comment a little. Alex in PVE works best on NoTB in Underworld. Even with Gambler I lose sometimes due to negative effects. With Alex I always win.

However, for late Night City, Gambler is definitely better, particularly with KP.

Assuming you have Killer Prime?

For mine, I use Alex for farming that last level of underworld for 3* evo runes only. A very important role, but kinda limited i breadth I guess.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Due to talismans I use Alexander waaaay more then gambler

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    Id just tweak Stormseye's comment a little. Alex in PVE works best on NoTB in Underworld. Even with Gambler I lose sometimes due to negative effects. With Alex I always win.

However, for late Night City, Gambler is definitely better, particularly with KP.

Assuming you have Killer Prime?

For mine, I use Alex for farming that last level of underworld for 3* evo runes only. A very important role, but kinda limited i breadth I guess.
    I'm in the same boat as I've barely scratched the surface of Night City. Working on saving up the FC myself at the moment. As far as talismans for KP and Gambler, what's the best recommendation for them for when I do pick those up?

P.S. I do mostly PVE as I'm somewhat of an achievement hound.
    Carminda - 1340

And if you're taking a walk through the garden of life
    What do you think you'd expect you would see

Well, I don't actually have most of the recommended talismans, as I had to leave the game for a while in December and only returned in May. However, based on my experience and what I've seen in arena:

KP - I would go with Warlord + Sustaining + Immunity, although some players run him with Greed and Warlord. Either way, you want heals for Warlord to kick in.
    Gambler - IMO there are several options here. I run him with Chance + Fate (works great with Osiris and KP in PVE, almost guaranteed oneshots), but this is only a temporary build, as I do not have a second Warlord set. For PVP I would go with Radiant + Warlord, but Banner + Warlord is also a great choice.
    Or you could run him with Labyrinth + Cosmic (don't have that one either, but seems reasonable)
    Last edited by Malilpio; 07-21-2019 at 04:43 PM.

OS
    iOS
    I'd wait for Gambler personally.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    For KP, Final Frontier + cosmic is also a good combo to help him stay alive
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs