Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talisman Synergy Guide

I'd like to see some sort of talisman synergy guide (ie, topic) - something either that would list characters whose passives, attacks, or skills would receive more benefit than normal with the set, or talisman sets that work together (and a corresponding list of characters that would fit the slot requirement).

Maybe post some obvious or not so obvious ones here and hopefully we get enough responses to muck together something that works?

Deathbat has a list of talismen and their corresponding locations here, though it seems to be slightly out of date.

I am struggling right now with the problem of too many characters, too many talismen, and trying to figure out which should go where.

Maybe could cross reference this with Deathbats other guide (same link), and add a "best"/"backup" talisman setup.

OS
    Android
    Present and Warlord provide phenomenal synergy. That's like the immediate big one I can think of at the moment, I may add more later

OS
    Android
    Shadow / advantage; warlord / sustaining; greed / warlord; sun / steel; future / energy was my go-to for Horus (for almost guaranteed stun on all enemies).

OS
    iOS
    Great idea for sure - well worth a sticky once we get a lot of combinations.

Shadow / advantage - I use this in several characters in Gauntlet and it can be a great combo.
    warlord / sustaining - this too is one you see a lot in arena and I use it too.
    greed / warlord I have thi son my KP I think it is - works well 95% of the time.
    sun / steel - Of course this has to be good as 'sunlight falls on your steel'....not tried this yet that I know of so will see who that can work well on.
    future / energy is a nice combo that I use in Gauntlet too - in fact future to me are ones that I generally like to use on a few different allies in Gauntlet - Horus is one as is any ally that casts a useful nasty on the opposing team. No one seems to mention them much on here but these are a good set to have for lots of characters - especially if they have Magus slots to fill.

One thing also that can often help me in Gauntlet are the BNW based talisman sets - the ones that have those specific skills and an extra turn to the wearer (or to the wearer and a team mate) - these can speed things up and also allow for decent extra turns as well as hitting the opposing team with something nasty. if you stick some of these 4 sets on lower rank allies that can be pretty decent but need to test them out more - I like Rage, Meteor, Heal, Lightening, Quake and Zones on some of my lower down allies - pretty useful and in most cases are paired up with a strong green talisman with plenty HP and DEF/MR - especially Rage and Meteor.
    Last edited by scott-5496; 07-17-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Sun+Inspiration+Life on the Magus Undead Rescuer is pretty good

So here are some of the ones I have; most are fairly obvious:

Angel - Placed on The Alchemist to ensure that your team is cleansed every round. The only thing that stops this is perfect sleep.
    Avenger - Works well with Icarus to get repeated burns. Would like to know if Accuracy/Perfect Accuracy works with this
    Blind - Works well with Sentinel Soulless Demon. Was not nerfed with freeze, and Blind/Taunt is a nice combo
    Destiny - I heard it makes Gunner Krampus nigh unkillable
    Dominance - Works well with Sustaining; I have that on Alex
    Echo - any character that has a % chance to gain extra attacks works well with this. I have a set on Samurai Eddie, Hallowed Eddie, and Crimson Pharaoh Dog.
    Eternal - I don't know the "best" characters for this, but I have a set on Final Frontier Eddie and Horus
    Freezing - Works well with Future; I have a set of each on Corrupt General
    Future - Works well with any powerful effect that has a low percentage. I have it on Corrupt General and Maclo
    Invisibility - Works well with golden pharaoh dog
    ---

I'll have to come back and fill in more blanks later.
    Last edited by bort; 07-18-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HK-47 View Post
    Sun+Inspiration+Life on the Magus Undead Rescuer is pretty good
    Looking at the talismen/character, that is a great combo.too bad the only sun tal I have is Will

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by bort View Post
    Looking at the talismen/character, that is a great combo.too bad the only sun tal I have is Will
    yeah mine are Will too. And then they released the magic ones that you could only buy. Oh well I'll just keep waiting.

I also need another Tower talisman but they are not returning, dammit

Necro-bump for the following:

Post if you have a particularly good combo with the following non-cosmos talisman sets, whether its synergy with a specific character, another set, or both. Please add in if there is another non-cosmos set I've missed. Feel free to note that the talisman is garbage (in your opinion), as well.

---
    Aim
    Alchemy
    Angel
    Avenger
    Blight
    Brave
    Destiny
    Dominance
    Eclipse
    Eternal
    Eternity
    Fate
    Firestorm
    Fool
    Fortune
    Frontier
    Gate
    Ghost
    Grail
    Greed
    Hex
    Hunter
    Immortal
    Labyrinth
    Light
    Mark
    Mimic
    Necropolis
    Oracle
    Orbit
    Penance
    Persecution
    Present
    Primordial
    Quantum
    Radiant
    Reaper
    Redemption
    Sacrifice
    Saint
    Serenity
    Singularity
    Snow
    Space
    Steel
    Sun
    Sustaining
    Tomb
    Tower
    Trooper
    Warlord
    Valor
    Venom
    Viper
    ----

jesus there are a lot of talismen.
    Last edited by bort; 08-09-2019 at 09:42 PM.

OS
    Android
    You're not kidding, that's a lot of Talismans. Also: Tower, Persecution, Dominance, Firestorm, Penance, Blight, Sun, Snow, Light & Labyrinth
    Last edited by infinite dreamer; 08-09-2019 at 08:12 PM.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)