Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

OS
    iOS

August 2019, Part 1 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.

OS
    Android
    I'll tell ya what WOULD be nice.

If it didn't cost 15 SoT a pop to go into a dungeon that I have to play 300 to 1000 times in an hour just to get a character that has a decent passive but an extremely outdated skill set who does less than mediocre damage.

I spent a four day weekend grinding to all hell to get the Beast and Trooper Eddie reskins. Went from almost 3,000 ironite and 6 or 7 thousand frontier coins to less than 500 ironite and under 5k frontier coins. And thanks for upping the drop rate of reaper talismans AFTER I spent the 900 ironite to get the set I couldn't get from over 400 runs.

Of course, now that I have the characters and the talismans featured I can't wait to never play those levels again because the Sands of Time cost is too damn high for mediocre rewards. It would be so much better if it were 5 or 6 or even like, 8. But 15 is awful and embarrassing. Remember why nobody wanted to play Brave New World in the beginning? Because it cost 15 SoT and the rewards were non-existent.

Someone mentioned that we needed another SoT increase to combat all the draining frontier dungeons and I can't help but agree here. The only frontier key dungeon worth playing after achievements is the talisman key dungeon, the one you're only allowed to use natural 5* of one specific class for 15 SoT to get like 3 cosmic talisman fragments and some 2* Evo runes. I hope the reward tuning brings the other 70% of rewards into existence but I'm quite certain that I still won't be running the dungeon because 15 SoT is just..too..much..

Okay rant over.

OS
    Android
    I guess it is supposed to Be a long term goal. No need for hesitation.

So.. No character updates.. I expected a small update on some older eddies. Say viking eddie.

OS
    iOS
    This was a useless post to make.

OS
    Android
    I was expecting some love for gunner eddies, since the current gauntlet season is gunner-based, but it is not a must at all.

The new six set sounds very powerful, will change a lot of arena teams.

OS
    Android
    Hahaha...1st they said: "No bug...everything is working fine!" and then they needed to adjust the droprates in Trooper AND Infernal Dungeon.
    Sry, Navigator Frogs, but the prices of the store items are too high for a betatest that WE do for all of you! It's your work to do testing before adding new toons+talisman+dungeons into the game.
    Sure, you need to earn money, but without a playerbase you won't earn enough! More and more players are frustrated and I believe they don't put anymore money into this game.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by URock View Post
    I believe they don't put anymore money into this game.
    Damn right ... I didn't spend money for weeks because I have enough ressources due to all the events ...
    Actual Champion : Mystic Flame

Only missing :

kgk56-6386

_____________| CLAN |______________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    I kind of see this game as a 'we are in it together' kind of thing - or at least I think that the devs see it this way or why would it play like it does. They have not got the people to test it fully and they dont have the team to get events out perfect - we all have to live with that I think is the general approach or they would try to do something about it that they are not currently doing. I just think they are a very small team and we are sort of. part of that team. It is clearly a bit more one sided as we tend not to get anything for 'free' here other than we can continue to play a buggy game where, lets face it, all of the ancient bugs and new bugs are a struggle for them to either find or find and fix. If they could fix Prisoner surely they would have? if they could fix reborn characters to continue to have their passives they would..surely? The list goes on. My view is that as they work with old code and took over a game that they can never fix the old stuff and have not got the team to check the new stuff. What they have to do is get the money in to keeop the game going in the hope that at soem point they can get to the bugs that annoy folk so much. So as ever for us players it is a waiting game that may never come.

What would be nice to see and it is easy and quick to do is to confirm all of this in the QA - are there bugs that cannot be fixed e.g. Prisoner/Passive Disable...if so just tell us...nice and easy. Can reborn characters on the attack team get their passives once they come back..or not? Pretty easy stuff to respond to I would have thought. Just be honest about where we are with this game devs - we want it to work, we all do or why would will stil be here. Just be open about the issues you guys are facing as a team trying to keep a game alive. If your current priority is X then tell us and we can leave the maoning while you prepr the game for a potential influx of new blood from the tour - that is fine. But just be open about it. Again, we want the game to last and live and develop - none of us want it to fail!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    The small team thing is true for sure. Check them out on their page (https://navigatorgames.ca/) and you'll notice that they are ~25 people! I am not familiar with company sizes in the gaming business, but to me it seems to be a bit too small for a comparably complex mobile game!? Especially if 24 of them are great designers But it seems to be the only game they have, but it would not surprise me if (at least the designers) also work for other companies.

You can also read an interesting interview about why Roadhouse (with about 150 people) failed back in the days here: https://venturebeat.com/2016/09/26/w...n-out-of-cash/.
    Roadhouse was more experienced with mobile games as it reads. But still it did not work out. Those of us who are here long enough know, that the game was settled a bit different as there was not auto-reply and all this grinding. But mobile games need to develop, so we don't know if the game would be a lot different as it is now, if Roadhouse would have continued.

I have not found similar articles about the change from NF to Navigator.

Anyway, as Scott said, we all like the game. Because we love the band! And I think it is a shame that only these 20k people play (which we estimated recently) while there are millions of fans. The possbilities would increase a lot, if 10 or 100 times more people would play - and it would be well deserved!

But it is not the case and we need to deal with what we have. Yet I can't get rid of the feeling that they have exceeded their limits a bit with this game. By the way, they do have game testers and they seem(ed) to have a good work-life-balance, lol, as you can read in that article from August 2017: https://the-peak.ca/2017/08/a-day-in...a-game-tester/

About the update:
    The reward tunings are totally overdue. Sorry for the guys that already did a lot of runs. There should be a compensation, but as we know from the past...there won't be any, or maybe a handfull of Ironite. But nobody can give you back the "wasted years".

The new talisman read awful in my perspective. Yes, they might be good for us players for quick farming and to beat some heavy dungeons, BUT Gauntlet and Arena will be an even bigger disaster as it is now.
    I wouldn't need these totally exaggerated effects, but it seems to be the course of things, because after all something new has to be added again and again, which is better than the previous stuff. This keeps the hunt going and generates income. That's freemium. But where is it going to end? We will see... up the Irons!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by kgk56 View Post
    Damn right ... I didn't spend money for weeks because I have enough ressources due to all the events ...
    Shhhhh, they’ll probably nerf it in some way in the future, if you talk to loud about it... 😆