Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Post Dev Q&A Discussion!

Discuss our answers from the Dev Q&A here!

Edit: Matt, Kaz and Llexi will continue to respond to questions they missed over the next week or so.

OS
    Android
    I'll admit, this was a fun Q&A session, and while some responses were not clear enough, we have gotten a better idea of where the wind blows.

OS
    iOS
    None of my questions were answered :-(
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Astronura View Post
    I'll admit, this was a fun Q&A session, and while some responses were not clear enough, we have gotten a better idea of where the wind blows.
    *where the wild wind blows.

Also, I agree. This was pretty decent. Learned some new things and now looking forward to some of the slightly hinted at new content.

A little sad they didn't actually address Sparton's absence...

OS
    iOS
    I would like to address this from Matt....

Once and for all: there is no boost applied to the defending AI team in the arena, as far as any person working on the game is aware. I went and had a chat with the engineers who built our most recent improvements to the arena system just now to confirm this. The AI used by the defending arena team is identical to the AI used by your team on autoplay.
    I think there is a disconnect between Devs and users here....

I would agree that the AI used in the arena is the same as the AI used by a player.. I've always felt the AI is the AI... BUT... and here's where there is a disconnect... PLAYERS are NOT typically using AI in the arena.... therefore the AI on the defense team is getting FAR MORE accuracy than MANUAL players actually experience. THIS IS THE BOOST which is always referred to. There's never been any insinuation, from me at least, that there's a "special AI" somewhere. No. Merely that the AI gets, as you put it, "Streaky" runs of success which players, manually playing your "game" will NEVER, ever, ever experience. Therefore the AI pretty much ALWAYS has an advantage over manual play.

Some have figured out that you actually win MORE if you tap the auto-play button as soon as match starts.. why? Because then it is the streaky AI against the streaky AI rather than non-streaky player vs the streaky AI.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post

I would agree that the AI used in the arena is the same as the AI used by a player.. I've always felt the AI is the AI... BUT... and here's where there is a disconnect... PLAYERS are NOT typically using AI in the arena.... therefore the AI on the defense team is getting FAR MORE accuracy than MANUAL players actually experience. THIS IS THE BOOST which is always referred to. There's never been any insinuation, from me at least, that there's a "special AI" somewhere. No. Merely that the AI gets, as you put it, "Streaky" runs of success which players, manually playing your "game" will NEVER, ever, ever experience. Therefore the AI pretty much ALWAYS has an advantage over manual play.

Some have figured out that you actually win MORE if you tap the auto-play button as soon as match starts.. why? Because then it is the streaky AI against the streaky AI rather than non-streaky player vs the streaky AI.
    I knew this warranted a response from Yup as I read it! The AI boost is REAL

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post

I've read somewhere that autoplay has a perfect hit chance of 35%. I'm pretty sure most of the players here can't score a perfect once out of every three attacks consistently. That's one thing.

OS
    Android
    Name:  36j1h5.jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  104.1 KB

Seems pretty clear to me.

OS
    iOS
    It's not merely perfect hits.. All accuracy is better for the AI.. echo fires more often and more times, blocking works better.. effects inflict more often.. the AI has generally a 15-20% better chance of performing an action than anyone manually playing does... you can ONLY even that out by auto-playing all PvP matches.

And rather than giving me shit.. you might want to actually read my response above.

The response was basically.. "I assure you the app uses the same 2005 Prius to drive to the store. It's not any faster or better than any other 2005 Prius. If you have a 2005 Prius, it's the same.".... when in all actuality on manual play.... players only have a skateboard... and aren't going to keep up with a Prius regardless.
    Last edited by Yup; 07-25-2019 at 11:31 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    They should implement some sort of non-streak feature where if you or the enemy continuously gain/inflict, say, a 25% chance status effect, then that character cannot do so again until the second turn. Just an idea.