Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    I also took it for granted that opponents in gauntlet could use any talisman set, especially in SS and SSS. The problem that many see is when they can have 2 sets of talisman that are 5 or 6 sets each, unless they have cosmics with these augements.

They also indicate that they try not to have almost duplicate teams in SSS levels. Its almost a given, the first team in SS and SSS are the same.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_LOTB View Post
    To be clear, there is no accuracy boost applied to the AI. The % chance of any effect triggering is exactly equivalent for the same action performed either manually or by AI.
    Sorry. As someone who has played this application for a couple years I am going to have to respectfully call "bull". My personal, first-hand experience is that the AI gets roughly a 15% accuracy increase over the (manual) player.

This can definitively be proven by running random number generator with a % chance of duplicates.... run it at 35% chance of duplicates and you see what the player experiences.. run it at 50% chance of duplicates and you see what the AI gets. As posted previously, if the player wants an EVEN MATCH, then the player MUST run the match on auto-play to take advantage of the extra 15-% the AI gets.

The player is ALWAYS at a disadvantage compared to the AI. Everyone who has played PvP for a period of time knows about the AI advantage... you stating it isn't there simply makes it all look like a cover up. Hordes of players are NOT imagining things. There's a REASON players complain that Viper's reported "50% chance" to counter is ACTUALLY countering almost every time....

Ina room full of people... is it the majority who sees a problem that are mistaken..... or it is the lone individual denying the problem that is mistaken?

To be clear, I don't expect anything to change. it is rather insulting to see players treated as if they are "stupid" or "imaging things" when many players experience the same thing. You can tell me the Earth is flat until you are blue in the face..... but logic and personal experience tells me otherwise.

Also.. you contradicted yourself is your own post, Matt.. "It's the same...." ... then a sentence later... "we know the Ai is 'streaky'.." so yeah.... you seem to be tellin' stories. Which is it? the same or "streaky"? Because players don't get any sort of "streaky" behavior.
    Last edited by Yup; 07-26-2019 at 01:58 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    I also took it for granted that opponents in gauntlet could use any talisman set, especially in SS and SSS. The problem that many see is when they can have 2 sets of talisman that are 5 or 6 sets each, unless they have cosmics with these augements.
    I could have sworn I had seen 3 sets of 3 which just isn't possible even if they have a cosmic. The problem was I thought it was intended so I didn't bother to screenshot and report because I just assumed it was part of the difficulty ramp up.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    The other disadvantage we have is that even when played on auto the highlighted character (who our team will attack) on the defence team will always fall in a sequence from Eddie to the extreme left /middle/ right.
    So even on auto we are at a disadvantage, I played on auto for a while but I pretty much always manually do the arena now, to me that’s my entertainment, it is the complement of all the farming, and mind numbing auto play we must do to secure new characters and Talisman.
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    I want to know when we can have a QnA with Customer Service.....
    AHABSHARPOON-5710

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    Attachment 5898

Seems pretty clear to me.
    Thanks, you made my day Amarthir
    Inishmore-8627

OS
    Android
    loved the q/a session and i think the devs were as honest as possible. people want to belive what they want to belive no matter if you argue against it. but for marvel strike force the devs confirmed that there is a defense boost to make up for the AI being AI. they also said this is industry standard.

but if matt here says there is no AI boost then i want to belive it.

and for those who don't: well you will never get another answer to that question from the devs, would be nice to accept it.

what i took away from the q/a:

1. the devs have plans for the next years which is cool, so the game will be around a bit longer
    2. the devs have a great sense of humor
    3. and they are passionate about the game and want to create a great game, but they are a very small team which makes things difficult.

i'm more positive about the game for now.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    I would like to thank you Matt, for sharing the concept designs! They look great. Nice to know Odin is joining the God forces too.

Also, cannot wait to see gunner and assassin ox souls!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    loved the q/a session and i think the devs were as honest as possible. people want to belive what they want to belive no matter if you argue against it. but for marvel strike force the devs confirmed that there is a defense boost to make up for the AI being AI. they also said this is industry standard.

but if matt here says there is no AI boost then i want to belive it.

and for those who don't: well you will never get another answer to that question from the devs, would be nice to accept it.

what i took away from the q/a:

1. the devs have plans for the next years which is cool, so the game will be around a bit longer
    2. the devs have a great sense of humor
    3. and they are passionate about the game and want to create a great game, but they are a very small team which makes things difficult.

i'm more positive about the game for now.
    Great post Slauki and I came more or less to the same conclusions.
    It was really interesting to read through the q&a and I enjoyed many of the dev's comments and their sense of humor. I'd say it was a great thing, much better than I assumed to be honest. Many answers were quite long and comprehensive with a nice mixture of understanding, explanations, often with a clear yes/no and the sneak for future stuff creates excitement for what is to come.

I was a bit shocked by the huge numbers of bugs that were already solved so that it seems like most of the other (many) bugs we see right now are known, but there seems to be no way to solve them. All of that consumes a lot of time for the people working on these things and I understood that this is also the reason why many other things are not addressed yet. Seems like we all still need a big portion of patience and indulgence, which isn't always easy!
    Another thing that was surprising is that the carzy Talis on Gauntlet enemies are a bug. To me it was clear that this was to a bug, but intended, as it was reported right from the first day of Gauntlet, there was no bug-confirmation yet, and I see it in almost every fight. If Kaz is really playing the whole day, he should see that aswell, although we all get different teams (was there a question about it, whether this stays like that or not?).

The thing with the AI boost is tricky. I always said that I can understand that this exists to a certain degree, as it is needed to compensate the (sometimes) stupid AI decisions (which is not that bad anymore I'd say, e.g. if a character could be killed with another hit, the enemy tend to do it now, even if it is a character with class disadvantage). Marvel seems to be a bit more transparent on that point, as Slauki wrote. We all know it is there, and we might need to accept it. We could record some videos to clearly show that the AI has advantages in almost every part of a battle, from the coin toss to the "who gets the small% debuff chance applied on", the "who get's the healing or the extra turns", to the trigger rates of all skill and talisman effects.
    I was curious to see how they deal with that question. If they would have said something like "it is somewhere in the code, we don't know, can't find or access it" or "it's a company secret", this would have been a conformation of the existance and this would also mean that they should be able to change it. This would result in a lot of discussion again, so it probably was the "best" solution to insist on saying it does not exist. Guys, just turn it down a bit, secretly, with the next update or so, or stepwise over a couple of updates, and nobody will talk about it again
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    one thing i forgot to ask, maybe someone will be so kind to answer this:

how many people play this game one a regular basis, so several times per week?

would love to see some kind of permanent q/a section if it's not too much work for you guys and gals.
    at least it would be nice to these kind of things more frequently, since you made a lot of goodwill through this.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.