Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    I've suggested that.. Cap all "extra turns" at a maximum of 3.. that's what players on manual experience. Things like that. They could write limits into the Ai (which would effect the AI for both player and app) to prevent the increased "streakiness". That implementation was somewhat eluded to by Matt - but understandably the "when" is another matter.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I wonder. Does anyone here think that the Devs were being honest or no?

OS
    iOS
    I think they were .... even if a couple responses did paint things with a slight "marketing twist" I don't think they are inherently, or purposefully, deceptive ever. They are human though and can mis-read or misunderstand the same as any of us.

I do think they, much like anyone in a creative endeavor, can be "too close" to their work and not fully understand player sentiment or perspective at times.
    Last edited by Yup; 07-25-2019 at 11:47 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Was there ever an actual question regarding how many extra turns may he triggered? If it was I missed reading the post.

Last gauntlet season I came across a green bot that had 3 extra turns by itself, then raven fired off gave the bot another turn. It then had 2 more extra turns. This may be even worse than mag lilith in her heyday.
    Last edited by Muzzleloader; 07-25-2019 at 11:49 PM.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I've suggested that.. Cap all "extra turns" at a maximum of 3.. that's what players on manual experience. Things like that. They could write limits into the Ai (which would effect the AI for both player and app) to prevent the increased "streakiness". That implementation was somewhat eluded to by Matt - but understandably the "when" is another matter.
    Is this cap just for the Arena? Because my Gunner Dog with Echo Talismans can get like 7 extra turns sometimes

OS
    iOS
    Id just like to say thanks. And how good was this concept art!?

Oh and THIS was really interesting! Makes a lot of sense, as someone who it not top echelons, I do notice that some rounds in Gauntlet I do quite well and then the next round it seems a fair bit tougher. I think I actually appreciate this, its just good to know about it now!
    The difficulty of the Gauntlet is based on your account strength. This basically allows newer players to at least start to play and enjoy Gauntlet up to around Grade A. At Grade A, difficulty becomes tiered and is the same for everyone (it scales from a given account power level up to the max account power level at SSS, with some variation created by the selection of opponents and filtering of characters and talismans from the list to, as best as possible, avoid repeats).
    Last edited by Esquatcho; 07-26-2019 at 12:03 AM.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Does extra turns stack from its abilities and talisman as cited by HK-47?
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

LOTB Producer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    All accuracy is better for the AI.. echo fires more often and more times, blocking works better.. effects inflict more often.. the AI has generally a 15-20% better chance of performing an action than anyone manually playing does... you can ONLY even that out by auto-playing all PvP matches.
    To be clear, there is no accuracy boost applied to the AI. The % chance of any effect triggering is exactly equivalent for the same action performed either manually or by AI.
    Last edited by Matt_LOTB; 07-26-2019 at 12:16 AM.

OS
    Android
    Hold on. I have a feeling that the extra turn effects are not actually working properly. For example, my Tailgunner Eddie's special states that it can grant extra turns only when I kill an enemy, but I've had experiences where he does so without killing anyone.

OS
    Android
    I did appreciate the answer I got considering the combating of bugs surrounding all the updates. I never meant to insinuate they were bad at their jobs, just curious about how they're approaching it. I'm on a dev team of 12 for an account base of 12+ million. I personally know the struggles that can happen when your user base is much larger than the team and how well they are at hitting scenarios never even thought of in development.

I am curious what was meant by:

...why do we sometimes see characters wearing talismans they couldn't normally equip? That seems unfair and believe me, it's hard enough already.

This is a bug. Unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce it in house and so have created tools to allow us to better monitor and catch the issue on live, as it happens very sporadically and doesn't appear to have a consistent repro case. It is VERY high on our list of things to fix and was only second to the Arena Disco hang and Gauntlet Reset issues, which were recently tracked down and fixed.
    This happens to me so often I just assumed it was a feature. Is it not able to be forced to happen, or are they not even seeing it when they themselves play gauntlet(as they said they are playing the game all day)?
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591