Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Where do I (We) go from here....

First of, this is not a moan as i love this game and it's community (apart from the silly childish behaviour that went on yesterday), i have been playing this game from pretty much the release date)
    Ok, so i find myself at lvl 91 (dreading getting to lvl99 where all the free refills seem to stop, hopefully they can increase this 99 lvl cap), i have spent quite some money on this game already but at the moment this seemed to have been a waste.

I have close to 9 mill in gold (which i only seem to add to as i havent got anything to spend it on, i have increased my library slots to 100)

3* shard count ( 1* and 2* i have stacks of 99 in all colours)
    - Green 46
    - Blue 31
    - Yellow 24
    - Red 17
    - Rainbow 65

I have pulled what feels like well over 300 rare souls (incl the trooper ones) and yet the only 5* i have pulled is the nomad, so i havent got any decent characters to use these shards on, as i have already maxed quite a few characters to 5* lvl 100, the other characters i have dont seem to be worth it compared to what i have as my main team(s).

I have pulled Eddies, a lot of Eddies (all the 3* ones) the only good Eddie i've pulled was a 4* Carriage Rider.

My Eddie count.

Default Eddie - 3
    Mummy Eddie - 11
    Speed of light Eddie - 12
    Run to the Hills Edde - 12
    Wickerman Eddie - 2

I hope that something is in the pipeline about dupes as Lamia told us to keep hold of them for a future feature.

Another issue i have are the secret locations. I'm fine with the rubbish drops on the ailing kingdom ones and other daily ones, but after having to wait 3 days for the Underworld madness locations to open up and only see the same rubbish drop is soul destroying, 50k gold, 2 2* yellow shards and an explosive shield (this so far has happened 3x in a row), i get the occasional rare soul which of course turns out to be either a rubbish 3* or a 4* dupe. I have only ever had 1 skill shard drop on me and that was way back in the beginning.

Also, having to farm outside the rift times is pretty much pointless for me now, i dont need the gold, the only thing i can farm for is 3* rainbow evo runes, seeing that Time Rift has rare soul drops is the only reason i grind there so i would suggest adding rare soul drops to some worlds in campaign mode, like Underworld madness or something, i mean, it wont be a big deal surely seeing my luck with them but it keeps it exciting for me just in case i do get a good one drop on me, which is unlikely.

Again, i dont mean to make this sound negative, as i say, i love this game but i'm feeling that i'm nearing the end, which scares me :-).
    Dutch-2701

5* Lvl 100 Champions all maxed talismans (If on my trooper list, let me know if you need me to change my current Champ)

* Grim Reaper (Champ)
    * FOTD
    * Carriage Rider
    * Warrior Troll
    * Warrior COTD
    * The Nomad

OS
    Android
    Wow, only one 5-star character from over 300 rare souls? That's brutal. I wish I could give you my spare Rainmaker!

Apart from farming for more rare souls in the hopes of a 5-star character, I guess the big reason to keep playing is to rack up Trooper points for more Skill Shards. Hopefully we'll see Night City and Brave New World soon!

What? You have two Rainmaker?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijester View Post
    What? You have two Rainmaker?
    Indeed I do. I was hoping for a Cyborg or a Vampire Hunter.

Speaking of 5stars duplicate, I have 3 Pharaoh Dog Kings too...RNG is weird in this game, or our luck..

I believe these issues are on everyone's minds lately (at least i guess for level 60+ players)...

It's been a couple of months playing and in my case too, it has come down to that point beyond the one of farming, where you don't even see the point of doing that (as no real motive in "keeping getting more characters stronger").

As in regards to the lack in 5* drops, again i will have to say that the game is designed in way allowing lower * characters getting to 5 and to tell you the truth i really appreciate that. Still, when you get some specific characters such as COTD, Nomad or Commander, there is no real point in leveling rest of lower scale characters to 5, as the game gets rather easy after these drops.

Regardless, the real issue in my opinion, is related to the frequency of game updates and events. Overall game support and activity by developers.

I have played some similar games (card battle rpgs), after after dedicating much time with LOTB too, i have come to the conclusion that there is a big difference between asian and western developers / companies in this sector.

Let start by saying that Asian games are very money-hungry, extremely money-hungry. I have played money-hungry games that did not even reward you (the case of 5* characters, etc.) and i have also played money hungry games where they did reward you in these dimensions, but eventually the game became too burdensome to compete without paying.

Common thing in both these cases was the way asian devs kept these games active. It was all about the events. In a weekly basis. Often overlapping with sub-events. Or weekend events. Also with a lot of hype about coming events. You know, it was all about "excitement", typical asian... Of course something like that kept you going...

In the case of LOTB, i have said it before, i don't consider this game as money hungry. The game offers all the means of beating it, while also creating some pretty baddas character combinations.

The game also has quality in terms of graphics and story.

But other than this, i keep getting the feeling that there are about 3 people working on this game. The developer, the graphic designer and Candice from support (i'm joking of course but you get my point). And evidently it has become rather burdensome, to keep up with player demands.

It was also very evident that the Time Rift dungeons were rushed into the game (no back-story and many bugs) along with the few new characters and other than that we were still left with an array of more bugs, after promised that now the bugs would get fixed and then eventually we might see some new content, though not Night City, as with current predictions, i'd say we might expect it by December.

Still i appreciate the fact that the game is not money hungry, but i am also starting to feel that the game might be going under, due what has been discussed (similar) in these forums during the last couple of weeks and it would be a pity, as many of invested quite some time, in one of above-standard mobile game.

What frustrates most i guess, besides the great delays in any kind of update, is the lack of information regarding the future (again comparing to the asian alternatives i mentioned above) and that can mean the end, for many end-game players.
    Cthulhum-4956

Maxed Collection, feel free to PM me, to change leader:

Warrior Child of The Damned (Maxed Skills)
    Assassin Golden Son (Maxed Skills)
    Warrior Troll (Maxed Skills)
    Soldier Eddie (Maxed skills)
    Grim Reaper Eddie
    Carriage Rider Eddie
    Mummy Eddie
    Pharaoh Eddie
    Visions Eddie
    Alliance General
    Warrior Golden Son
    Gunner Golden Son
    Magus Allied Soldier
    The Nomad
    The Wicker Man

OS
    iOS
    Agreed, I'm pretty much grinding for rare soldier/assassin souls at the moment. I have had better luck than Dutch with rare soul pulls but not decisively so, so the spare shards tend to get dumped into whichever 1-2* characters look most amusing...

OS
    iOS
    I have 5 5* characters (3 natural, 2 that I have evolved) and I'm just working on maxing their talismans for now. I have 2/5 100% done.

After that...evolve more characters?

Good points in this post. I am hopeful the devs are aware and working on game progression even while working out the kinks at the same time.

OS
    iOS
    I think everyone, both players and devs, have been taken by surprise with the amount of problems that we have seen. While the devs have got to focus on eradicating these you would hope that some work is still being done on the new content. I don't know what the plan was but my gut feeling is that new content would have been close had it not been for the problems. I really hope that these annoying problems can be sorted soon so that the game can then move forward.

As for Dutch's question of what to do next I suppose the obvious thing is to develop some other chars and maybe experiment with different combos? You might find a kick arse team nobody has found or thought of yet?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    Indeed I do. I was hoping for a Cyborg or a Vampire Hunter.
    So jealous.
    Although, like you, Cyborg is the one I'm after.