OS
    iOS

Returning after a few years...Need a bit of guidance

I started the game when it first released and played (and paid) a lot the first however many months. Guess at some point I forgot about it, got deleted off my device etc.

Went to see Iron Maiden this week and didn't realize the show was based on the game. So after I downloaded it again and actually remembered my password! Still had everything where I left it I guess, pretty much maxed out at the point I stopped...but everything is 2 years old at least, maybe closer to 3. And since I cant really do everything from scratch to get the hang of it again, plus everything that changed I didn't learn about in the first place, I am left a bit confused about how to get back in the game. For example, had all levels and all crowns 100% on madness - then tried the normal Night City and got smacked down on the first level, more than once...

Have a bunch of Ironite, gold, badges and other things I don't even know what they are for anymore or if they are new. Could really use some recent characters but no idea what to spend it on efficiently.

Any concise tips or advice for someone not technically New, but still kind of is?

OS
    Android
    Welcome back. If recommend getting the hang of playing Underworld and learn your resume. Get your troopers back and play with their champs, as they are usually the newer Eddie's etc. Night City is hard and will be a challenge, once you get through it you get Killers Eddie. Try Gauntlet and see how far you can get, as it gives heroic souls. I'd start pulling ease should and others as the newer toons drop pretty regular now. There is a daily dungeon that you should be able to do fair will, as it's for natural 4 star characters and lower. I'd recommend not venturing into the infernal dungeon yet as you need Gambler Eddie and others Underworld toons. If you have frontier coins if start getting them from there to get a jump on things. The game is still wonky, but fun as ever. Try to get there new talisman, as they can make the older characters competitive again. I'm running Alchemist on Storm Eddie and he's fun. Any other questions others will be chiming in as well. Again welcome back.
    Last edited by HuckFinn150; 08-04-2019 at 12:20 AM.

OS
    Android
    Nybsfp what us your in game ID? This will help us look at what you have and what you need. Also if you want to add troopers.
    I'm metalking-3386 and would be happy to help you.

OS
    iOS
    NyBSfP-3948

I pulled 10 of the Puzzle souls and got an Icarus, Eddie Icarus (Bruce donned a double flame thrower in concert during this song - and massive Icarus was suspended over him - super cool) and Red Minotaur so that’s a nice start. Made a bit of a difference - thankfully I had a bunch of stuff to upgrade with still there.

I need some assassins though. Spent some stuff before I thought about it, but 700 frontier coins left - any cheaper ones worth it?

Probably biggest is which talismans are must haves now? And which are worth upgrading vs selling (if any). Have tons of the original ones obviously and 10 or so maxed, but not many resources to max more yet.

Are the relics the best to spend the iron coins on?

OS
    Android
    The game has changed so much since you left. With you missing so many toon it wont be a problem pulling a bunch of good new ones. The problem is you might be resource poor for awhile. The game has definetly become about resource management to optimize your rewards.

You will want to earn all your crowns in the cosmos to be able to complete all the skull quest, do them everyday. You will want to save up your dupe 4 and 5* toons for sac events each month. Each month we now how events that will make you evolve toons or talisman to earn rewards. Every couple of months they have spending events to make you consume gold, IC, and FC.

Skill shards are not nearly as hard to come by than they use to be. If you do all your skull quests, so events and gauntlet you can earn plenty of souls for the sac events. Gold can be a limiting factory as 100 rare souls cost 2.5MM gold to redeem.

As for talisman, too many new ones to count and they keep coming at a fast pace. 10+ toons a month and 5 sets of new talisman a month is on the low end of release. Just trying to earn enough 3* evo shards is a bottleneck for many.

If you have the ironite to buy SoT, the game will consume many hours a day to keep up with the grind to even start to catch up.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Relics are about the only thing you want to spend iron cons on. Start with the global and then class specific. They help a lot in the game. As for talismans, don't get rid of your old maxed until you can get some of the newer ones leveled. Strike and Echo are good to have as well as nightmare and any of the eternals. As Muzzleloader said they release so many a month it's really hard to keep up. Most of them can be farmed in the dungeons and bought for other resources in the stores.

OS
    iOS
    Funny story my son was in the same boat played a while when it came out and then stopped but came back last month. He was frustrated as his old teams could not compete so last sacrifice event he sacrificed almost everything he had - and rebuilt. Ended up getting Gambler Ed and a bunch of other new useful toons and made the game playable again for him.

It’s a risk but worked out for him. Another sac event will be here soon too. . .

OS
    Android
    Try your best and fight in the gauntlet. The new season gives fortune talisman, which would be quite useful.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around