OS
    iOS

How to beat Ferryman

Hi Folks,

I'm struggling to find a character/talisman set that will overcome ferryman in PvP and Gauntlet mode. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

OS
    Android
    One way is to disable his passive and he is as effective as a wet noodle. Another way is to apply burns

Do you have any toons that disable passives? What toons do you have that apply burns?
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    I feel your pain, if you hit Ferryman at the wrong point in the Gauntlet, you can get stopped cold.

The most effective way to deal with him is Passive Disable or Perfect Disable. The Prisoner is my go-to character for a Ferryman match, since once the passive is disabled he can't take all that much damage without dying. Some other characters can do it too, like Beast Eddie or the Sentinel Desert Guardian or Warrior Derby Demon. However, if you're in AAA right now, they won't be able to help you. For Talismans there aren't a whole lot of options, Viper sometimes does it and Penance talismans can also do it, but generally you'll be looking for a character ability.

If you can't pull off Passive Disable, then you gotta burn his ass. Icarus is good for piling on magic burns, if you give him Avenger talismans he'll be throwing burns on constantly. Any of the Pyro soldiers are also good for this. And of course Burning talismans are easy to find.

The other problem is surviving his attacks. You'll want a way to protect yourself from Doom in particular. Gunner Anubis makes everyone immune to it which is a lifesaver. Serenity Talismans can help too.

Ferryman can't be stunned but you can still gimp him in other ways. Blinding or silencing him could save you some pain but freezing can make a big difference. In particular, if you got the recent Magus Crimean Soldier, he can freeze someone permanently under the right conditions. Freeze talismans are also easy to find.

I hope that helps!
    Volrath-0020
    Joms Vikings 4 Lyfe

OS
    Android
    I would caution against trying to use Passive disable (and specifically Prisoner) to handle Ferryman right now. The Gauntlet is using Singularity talismans very heavily. I just lost a fight against Ferryman where I used 2 characters with viper talisman and I never once saw a single viper debuff trigger, even after killing the toon with singularity. Plan on using the burn effects if possible.

OS
    Android
    You can also try to doom him and beat him at his own game.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    iOS
    The main problem with Ferryman is that he WON'T kill himself in 20 turns.... I think he should - it's annoying seeing 28pts, then 24pts, then 20pts of damage.. then the battle is over.. He should self-destruct at 50-80HP left.

But in the Gauntlet none of that matters... there's no 20 turn cap.

I have had battles with Ferryman vs Musashi... and I just had to let it autoplay until Ferryman killed himself (Musashi is immune to silver buffs i.e. Doom) Took 30+ turns I think. This same method will work with Serenity Talismans on any character who can heal itself as well.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I use warrior mayan priestess (alchemy) & daedalus (strike/redemption). It's enough burns to beat him and grant offensive buffs to all.

But you still need someone to clean silver debuffs.

You can use BBE, raven witch or gunner anubis. Charlote helps, but only for 2 first turns.

OS
    Android
    Depending on what talis ferryman has charolette can take care of him by herself using her power move. The burns will take a few rounds.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    Gambler, Charlotte, Flight of Icarus can oneshot Ferryman
    Actual Champion : Mystic Flame

Only missing :

kgk56-6386

_____________| CLAN |______________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    Wow... Lots of good things to try. Thanks to all... and Up the Irons ;-)