Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Damn, another pay-only Ed! This is disappointing. Now we have 2 pay-only Eddies and 1 pay-only wolf. I am not interested in winning Gauntlet (no chance anyway with all the missing Eddies), but those who are will need to buy (and also will in the future). As a collector I am pissed, and the example from Gangland Ed might show that these Eddies will stay pay-only forever. If this strategy continues, it might help many players to finally leave the game. And again, the price... for 5€ I might have thought about it, but 22€? No way!
    For 21€ you can buy 3-5 Games on Steam if they are on a sale or you can buy food for 1-2 weeks to live from..,
    But 21€ just for digital shit in form of a character.., it's just laughable our times today. xD Weird and disturbed world we live in.

No thanks NF.., what would if you fix the god damn Game first and do more quality stuff instead of quantity bullshit?
    "If you don't want to listen, find out the hard way."

But if everyone's gone it's too late...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmat89 View Post
    Looking at the other contents of the pack against individual IAP costs in GBP (or IAP costs of the equivalent ironite), the pack breakdown is as follows:

3 x Skill Shard = approx 952 Ironite (based on 2M gold each and 2.1M gold for 1k Ironite)
    120 x SoT = 30 Ironite
    350 x Ironite
    250k x Gold = approx 161 Ironite (based on 100 Ironite for 155k gold)

Total Ironite = 1,493

Cost of Ironite (based on Mariners chest: 1,800 for £38.99) = £32.34

Estimated cost of Eddie based on "RRP" for £39.99 = £7.65

Following this breakdown I can see how they came to the RRP total of £39.99 but I would be much more inclined to pay the standalone £7.65 (or similar) just for the Eddie and would pretty much refuse to pay the "discount" price of £19.99 for the Eddie plus lots of resources I honestly don't need and can get from farming/events.
    You are very right with your calculations! And this is probably also the way we players are "wanted" to see it. But here is how I see it:

3 SS = nothing, because many of us have >1000 of them and they pile up from events and sacs anyway
    120 SoT = 1 night of sleep (and/or some low level sacs)
    350 Ironite = 1 pvp rollover +/- some drops from SQ or sac
    250k gold = not even 1 day of normal playing
    Eddie = "priceless"; mandatory if you want to win Gauntlet or have the full collection of Eddies; apart from that...+/- useless

I know, the pack might be meant for newer players as they might need the resources anyway and can get a new Eddie "on top" of it. The other way round is: hey I can get a new Eddie (can feel a bit privileged) plus some resources "on top".
    But in the end, from my perspective, it is still ridiculously overpriced and the discount is an insult as it is based on the ridiculously overpriced costs for e.g. 100 Ironite for 155k gold.

Moral dilemma:
    Con: I don't want to support this obvious pay to "win". If this becomes a tried and tested model, we will probably see even more of these offers in the future.
    Pro: Money helps to keep the game alive and has the potential to make the game better (bugfixes!! Broken updates, etc.).

In fact, the con wins for me at the moment, sorry!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    I dont mind that they have items for sale if in a reasonable amount of time they can be earned in some way. This way they can keep to the original statement that everything can be earned.

They have been doing it for awhile with talisman. If they sell something that gives an advantage for those who purchase them, that can be beneficial to the game. The spenders gain an advantage and the game earns some revenue. Usually a few months down the road the purchasable talisman can be earned in events.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    It's entertainment... $20 for a night out is dirt cheap... so $20 for a few months of "game" play isn't really that bad. If you look at it as "digital crap" then I can see why there's no value in it. But if you look at it as just general "entertainment" then it's more livable. It's more about paying for a service than paying for a product. At least that's how I see it. And of course of $20 strains your budget, just like a night out.. you should probably pass it up. This Ed is by no means a "game changer" it merely mean if you want the total of 99 battles in the Gauntlet then you'll need him. But realistically how many are already hitting 98 battles?
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    They have been doing it for awhile with talisman. If they sell something that gives an advantage for those who purchase them, that can be beneficial to the game. The spenders gain an advantage and the game earns some revenue. Usually a few months down the road the purchasable talisman can be earned in events.
    Realize though that they OFTEN sell talismans that do not work as advertised. I've grown tired of getting talismans that are bugged and fail to function. I don't buy talismans.. I earn those.

But these pay-only characters CAN'T be earned anywhere else.. the S Cosmic wolf can't.. the other purchase-only ed.. the gunner.. I can't remember his name.... he can't be earned anywhere. So the statement that "everything can be earned" is actually false.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    "Incredible Value?" Nah. I don't care if the supposed original price was ten grand, I'm not spending $20 for one character.

$6 for Sirius is one thing, I don't mind stuff in that range. But everyone's got their threshold and this is above mine.
    Volrath-0020
    Joms Vikings 4 Lyfe

OS
    iOS
    Honestly, I'd be glad to get both of these Eds for collection purposes, but only if I could buy them separately from all the resources that come with them. Like if I could buy one of them for 5 or maybe even 10, I might just do it. As it stands right now though, I'd rather just wait and see if they ever release them for free.
    Been playing and collecting Eddies since the beginning...and I finally have 'em all!
    Romero's Legion will never die for good

OS
    Android
    Slots: 2 purple/1 green

I don't have him yet, got these pics from a Trooper.

Name:  20190822_174536.png
Views: 807
Size:  617.8 KB
    Name:  20190822_174600.png
Views: 479
Size:  488.9 KB
    Name:  20190822_174623.png
Views: 722
Size:  492.2 KBName:  20190822_174700.png
Views: 498
Size:  478.5 KB
    Name:  20190822_174721.png
Views: 671
Size:  472.0 KB
    Name:  20190822_174759.png
Views: 578
Size:  482.4 KB
    Name:  20190822_174825.png
Views: 528
Size:  519.1 KB
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    Name:  20190822_174856.png
Views: 647
Size:  471.5 KB

fyi...
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    i see any players that paid 19.99 or 40 for that pack, not me !