Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by BillLion View Post
    I don't mind the down time. It kind of feels like an unexpected day off of work. Enjoy not grinding!
    This is the most telling and disturbing quote I've read here for a few reasons. Most notably though, because I can easily identify with it.

As people have said, endless grinding is simply the way this game is (and it's anything but unique to this game and rather more of a core staple of many freemium games in general, I well know) but should the game ever come to feel like work? I know, in the past, that whenever a game came to feel like work to me I took it as a sign to move on to something else, be it another game or otherwise. It's disturbing that this game could have come to feel anything like work to me this soon.

I agree (as has been discussed by many, ad nauseam) that the 3* evolution shard drop rate is the main culprit here... with so many characters that could potentially be levelled up, the drop rate feels really discouraging and prohibitive, and I think it's easily going to be the biggest factor when it comes to explaining why people give up on the game (major bugs aside--I have been fortunate to have avoided any of those so far).

*shrugs* I'm not ready to stop playing by a long shot anyway though, grind or not, so, to topic: the ironite was a nice welcome back gesture.
    Last edited by The Educated fool; 09-06-2016 at 07:27 PM.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    Educated Fool:

I couldn't have said that any better...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticSugar View Post
    Educated Fool:

I couldn't have said that any better...
    Ditto. I was surprised to feel that way myself that when I posted my comment the other day.

I'm not giving up yet either though. For the time being I'll keep punching the clock and hoping for the best as the game continues to improve and evolve.

Hi everyone!

Since it was asked here a couple times I thought I'd just clarify the purpose of this most recent update. Sunday's server maintenance was a necessary behind-the-scenes infrastructure improvement, and did not solve any current bugs in the game. Apologies for any confusion regarding this!

I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    This is the most telling and disturbing quote I've read here for a few reasons. Most notably though, because I can easily identify with it.

As people have said, endless grinding is simply the way this game is (and it's anything but unique to this game and rather more of a core staple of many freemium games in general, I well know) but should the game ever come to feel like work? I know, in the past, that whenever a game came to feel like work to me I took it as a sign to move on to something else, be it another game or otherwise. It's disturbing that this game could have come to feel anything like work to me this soon.

I agree (as has been discussed by many, ad nauseam) that the 3* evolution shard drop rate is the main culprit here... with so many characters that could potentially be levelled up, the drop rate feels really discouraging and prohibitive, and I think it's easily going to be the biggest factor when it comes to explaining why people give up on the game (major bugs aside--I have been fortunate to have avoided any of those so far).

*shrugs* I'm not ready to stop playing by a long shot anyway though, grind or not, so, to topic: the ironite was a nice welcome back gesture.
    Wow, exactly on point !