Iron Maiden fans never disappoint!!!

So my last 2 concerts have been Iron Maiden on the current tour and I'm working out another trip to see another one. Having said that, my wife and I had bought tickets to see Queen last night in Atlanta and were really looking forward to the show. When we were getting ready to go to the show I come downstairs in my new Maiden tour shirt and my wife says... "You realize we are going to see Queen... Right?" I said "Yes, but Maiden fans are everywhere" I could tell that she didn't believe me, but she didn't give me a hard time about wearing the shirt. We go to the show and hung out in the food court / restaurant area to get some drinks before going into the show. I think she finally gets it now because no less than 40 people stopped me to talk about how awesome the show was in Atlanta about a month ago and to talk about all the other Maiden concerts They've seen. I wish we would have gone earlier so I would have had more time to talk with true fans!

I know that many bands have loyal fans, but Iron Maiden fans are by far and away the BEST!!!!

As a side note, Queen put on a great show and sounded incredible, but it wasn't anything close to the energy you get from seeing Maiden!!!

UP THE IRONS!!!
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    iOS
    Cool stuff. Maiden fans are superb and always happy to chat! Queen are getting on a bit (as are Maiden!) and were never much for running around on stage - Freddie did all the moving about. Adam Lambert is likely the same - great singer too but defo not Freddie who was in a league of his own.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    Cool stuff. Maiden fans are superb and always happy to chat! Queen are getting on a bit (as are Maiden!) and were never much for running around on stage - Freddie did all the moving about. Adam Lambert is likely the same - great singer too but defo not Freddie who was in a league of his own.
    100% Freddie was in a league of his own. Adam Lambert did a really good job but I have to say my favorite song of the evening was Love of my life which was only Brian May out at the front of the stage with his 12 string... A stool... and a microphone. Absolutely awesome!!

Even walking to the car we ran into Maiden fans. I've always considered maiden fans as my extended family but I don't think my wife really understood that until last night!
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    iOS
    Maiden are defo different that way for sure but I have to say it is often metal/rock fans that are like this too - I have been approached by 'normal' looking folk on holidays (rock and metal fans in regular non-metal clothes) wearing stuff from Scorpions, Saxon, Winger, Damn Yankees, DLR, KISS and probaboly a few others too. Metalheads are usually nice folk and if you meet them in a bar then things can really take off! LOL
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    I agree with you Scott. Here in Brazil, sometimes the best part of rock/metal shows happens outside the arena or near beer stations. People love to share experiences about previous shows they watched, about new albums released or new dates for tours. Pubs are good places to do that too, better when you are using a rock/metal shirt. I will enjoy Rock in Rio next October. Headline composed by Anthrax, Hellowenn, Sepultura, Scorpions and Iron at same day. \m/