Rewards Question... By Design or is it a bug?

Ok... So something I've been wondering for a long time and just never brought it up because it really wasn't a big deal to me until now.

With the never ending introduction of new talismans and the need to bring those talismans up to 5* Max to fully realize their potential, we burn through a ton of resources and I have recently found myself running extremely low on 3* (Rainbow) Evolution Runes for upgrading said talismans. I grind Madness levels and BNW X and seem to be getting very few of the 3* variety. My question is "When I click the rewards section of those levels it doesn't say that 1* and 2* runes drop from these levels, but it seems they drop with more frequency than the 3* runes that are supposed to be the actual reward... Why is this?" If I want a certain talisman that is available in BNW, they only drop from certain dungeons as expected... So if I want higher tier rewards I play higher levels. If I want lower level rewards, I play lower levels. I'm growing tired of running through countless madness levels and getting rewards that are supposed to be for Normal or Hard difficulty.

Is this a bug or is this per the design of the game?

If I want clothes, I go to a clothing store and not the grocery store. When you advertise that a certain level gives certain rewards, they should only give those rewards. Perhaps I'm alone in this thinking, but hopefully I'm not.

Thoughts??? :-)
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    Android
    It has always been that way. The rewards shown for shards or runes are the top prize, but lower grades are the norm. Some of the dungeons are the best place to farm 3* evo runes, but it is expensive. Lord of Loght key dungeons give good drop rates.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

Yeah the LOL dungeon is good, but as you say it is expensive. I just thought it was odd since the drop rates for the 3* runes were so scarce in normal grinding. It really wasn't a problem before since I had a ton of them, but now that there are new talismans introduced almost weekly it became a drain on resources and you get to see which ones drain the fastest.
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    Android
    i have literally 1000's of those. I used to run Night City Madness, savage reapers. Switched to the final battle. I now have so much gold I dont need to farm gold anymore, so I just run my troopers thru frontier dungeons or Powerslave to save SoT. I do not run BNW. I cannot say where the 1000's of 3* and 2* runes come from, but they are out there. I think trooper dungeon is a good place to start, I ran that a lot. I have cleared all challenges in trooper and infernal frontier dungeons, I recommend trying those. Other than that, I only all the skull quests daily and run the event dungeons as needed.