Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Tengu, What talismans do you have on hand? That makes more of a difference than specific characters. Having sets like Celestial, Ragnarok, Starfire, Alchemy, Redemption will help a great deal.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

Utah. No, I don't know why. I think it was vodka. Or a redhead. Likely both.
    OS
    Android
    @Yup, I've got all of those, thankfully. Also things like Eternity, Eclipse, Brave, and Frontier but don't have the latest from the last couple of weeks (the Norse-based ones).
    The EXORCISTS Clan
    Tengu316-5082

OS
    iOS
    Okay.. you can....

Any football Eddie... seriously any of them.. and Put Primordials on him if you have those, or lightbringer
    Any character capable of wearing Ragnaroks
    Any character capable of wearing Starfires
    Any character that heals the team (or has sustaining talismans for a multi-target hitter) [xmas ghost of giving is good here] or any character that can wear vipers if you have those

Other things to look for, if given a choice pick characters that heal or grant buffs like Endure or immortality by default - i.e. the S Hierophant if possible. And choose characters that are multi-hitters as opposed to single-hitters if possible.

You CAN run this with only Onyx Sons and practically any Ed available I've auto-run it with...

M Onyx (Celestial),
    S Onyx (Orbit),
    W Onyx (Ragnarok),
    Guy Fawes Ed (Can't remember talismans but nothing special)

also auto-ran it with
    Phanton Ed (Starfires)
    Wickerman (Ragnorok) - could be replaced with a different Ragnarok wearer
    S Onyx (Orbit),
    W Onyx (Vipers)

The W Onyx Son will wipe out entire teams quickly - it hits pretty hard.. so vipers on him causes counter attacks, which helps.

Of course, all this is based on MY relics.. and all my characters have full skill shards....those may make a difference.

It's really more about the talismans than the characters.....

- Ragnaroks will remove all the yellow buffs enemies get by default
    - Starfires will reflect damage often killing enemies when they attack
    - Vipers and Primordials will inflict debuffs on enemies to prevent them from gaining buffs or hitting at full strength
    - Orbits will boost HP of your team and heal each turn.
    - Celestials will block all damage the first turn ensuring you get to at least attack once -- Note that Celestials + Starfires on the same team is always a mistake. Never use Celestials and Starfires in combination, it defeats the general purpose of the Starfires.
    Last edited by Yup; 03-03-2020 at 09:09 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

Utah. No, I don't know why. I think it was vodka. Or a redhead. Likely both.
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    Here are a couple of standard teams used to earn the Achievements:
    Thanks, @Fudjo! Unfortunately, in those line-ups, I'm missing SWME and, of course, the Greed talis. Tried replacing those in other build without much success. :/
    The EXORCISTS Clan
    Tengu316-5082

OS
    Android
    As with some of my dungeon guides, alot of them have older character teams on Page 1.
    Please remember to always check there also.

The original team I used to get the Wicker Evolved Owl, Wolf & Ox, has pretty basic toons.

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/s...s-Achievements

Name:  15 Wave 3.png
Views: 900
Size:  1.12 MB
    Football Eddie & Benjamin Breeg Ed are alternatives if you don't have Magus Shadow Wicker Ed.

Good Luck!
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengu316 View Post
    Is there a team that can clear this WITHOUT wolf, owl, wickerman? Those, of course, are the ones I'm missing cuz I can't seem to clear this bloody altar! I spent three keys yesterday trying to come up with something but I keep getting my heart torn out. I started with the line-up in the cheat sheet, and some of the line-ups in this thread, but no luck.

Any help, mates, would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Today is really the first time I've ever beaten this dungeon and it is due to the fine folks in this group and their suggestions.

The team I have assembled isn't as fast since I don't have some of the characters or tali's yet but this team is averaging 1:20 - 1:50 for me. Also, I haven't suffered a single loss in nearly 300 rounds now and have never had a character fail to finish the match:

Shadow Wicker Man Eddie (Alchemy / Cosmic)
    Wicker Man Eddie (passenger spot for the achievement)
    Warrior Wicker Man (2-star awakened with Ragnarok / Cosmic)
    Magus Werewolf (Yggdrasil)
    Ghost of Christmas Giving (Nightmare / Ruin / Cosmic)

All tali's are maxed/fully evolved. Shadow Wicker Man, Wicker Man and Christmas Giving are all fully sharded. Werewolf is one shard from being fully sharded.
    Last edited by jstrickPhoto; 03-04-2020 at 08:53 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Congrats jstrickPhoto!
    CLANLESS

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Congrats jstrickPhoto!
    Thanks - just about burned through the second Wicker Man achievement so I can get the first wicker evolved character. I have a lot of the good, powerhouse characters but I lack some of the early talis as I didn't start playing until about 6-9 months after the game came out.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrickPhoto View Post
    Today is really the first time I've ever beaten this dungeon and it is due to the fine folks in this group and their suggestions.

The team I have assembled:

Shadow Wicker Man Eddie (Alchemy / Cosmic)
    Wicker Man Eddie (passenger spot for the achievement)
    Warrior Wicker Man (2-star awakened with Ragnarok / Cosmic)
    Magus Werewolf (Yggdrasil)
    Ghost of Christmas Giving (Nightmare / Ruin / Cosmic)
    Congratulations!

Thanks for your feedback and team suggestion.

That Magus Werewolf w/ Yggdrasil sounds like a good choice.

I think I have really underrated that toon up until now.
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakura View Post
    Congratulations!
    That Magus Werewolf w/ Yggdrasil sounds like a good choice.

I think I have really underrated that toon up until now.
    You know - that magus werewolf character kept kicking my butt in the Arena. And the earlier help/hints for the Raven's Altar Dungeon mentioned needing a multi-hitter. Since his slots were green, I figured why not give the Yggdrasil a shot. Instant success!

Everyone in this group is awesome for sharing tips, techniques and strategies.