Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    For talis it used to be that way: Get them for money only first, and make them available some time later. So you can give the spenders an advantage at first, but make some more fairplay and even grounds later on. Would make sense to me to apply the same thing to these characters. But unfortunately this game is getting farer away from fairplay every week. I really appreciate that we have no ads in the game though, but if this is the consequence, I would rather have a video once in a while to generate more income.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    In the app store the game says "Free to play" and it is... somewhat. This is more of a "bait and switch".... cuz one eventually discovers that a player cannot truely progress fast enough or keep up with the norm (the fear of missing out) unless they make in app purchases.
    The developers know this, it's designed this way.

You are in it for fun, they are in it for $.

This is why complaints about having to buy, falls on deaf ears.
    As we speak, marketing is devising new ways to keep players engaged, while playing on their emotions, in order to generate revenue.
    People need to let go of the idea of free.
    Movies aren't free.
    PlayStation games aren't free.
    Not much in life is free.... except sitting in the corner twiddling our thumbs.

No company cares about you, and are gonna supply your happiness for free.
    People pay for happiness.... companies just want your money.
    Sad but true.
    Im just exposing truth. Once we understand how things really are, we stop getting pissed expecting this game to be something that it is not... free.

What pisses me off is paying good money, and getting a broken product in return. Those arena challenges were not easy when the AI ignores the rules.

OS
    Android
    The game early on was more of a free game while still being somewhat competitive. It is just ramping up on free to play and pay to stay competitive. There are more people playing now. This morning I had only completed level e in gauntlet and was ranked about 9800. It has been shown with money and a few weeks you can be in top 10 in the arena.

The owners need to generate money to continue offer the game. That is how a freemium game operates.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Name:  lone edd.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  10.1 KB hurry its only 19.99

OS
    Android
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣😂😂😂😂😊🤣🤣😂😂😂😊🤣😂😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅 😅😅😅😅😅😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😅😅😅😅😘😅😘😅😅😅😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅 😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😁😁😁😁😁😁😁!!!

OS
    iOS
    I may still go for the pack. I dont mind the odd payment and at the moment I am buying the character packs - I really do not mind much but what it does is means that I get the character and spend on nothign else - just not willing to spend too much. I understand for many anything is too much and I get that. But I can, so I do....from time to time on these packs. We all have to hope that others do the same or the game dies - the player base may be expanding with the tour (and the fact Maiden will headline Donington/Download next year with the current set - which may also lead to them doing the same in other countries at their festivals...I would not be surprised as it has went down so well everywhere) but they need all these new guys to buy, buy , buy.

I thin kthis is what we see so many low level players doing pretty well in arena - they are buying (or being very lucky) - so weird to see these low level guys give my level 100 kids accounts a run for the money in the arena as they have pulled a few decent top level characters. You are like WOW and then you play them and they get one hit deaths because they simply have the characters and not the talisman for example.

It is all good though and there is greta fun to be had at the lower levels in the arena this week using my kids accounts.....way more fun than the higher levels that is for sure!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by wipp View Post
    hurry its only 19.99
    OMG 😂😂🤣🤣😂😂 This is in so many ways one of the best parodies I’ve ever seen! Thank you so much for that hard laugh 😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    and the fact Maiden will headline Donington/Download next year with the current set - which may also lead to them doing the same in other countries at their festivals
    I’m hoping sooo much that they will headline W:O:A again next year. Would pretty good fit in with their tour, as the whole festival is under mayan motto
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    I may still go for the pack. I dont mind the odd payment and at the moment I am buying the character packs - I really do not mind much but what it does is means that I get the character and spend on nothign else - just not willing to spend too much. I understand for many anything is too much and I get that. But I can, so I do....from time to time on these packs. We all have to hope that others do the same or the game dies - the player base may be expanding with the tour (and the fact Maiden will headline Donington/Download next year with the current set - which may also lead to them doing the same in other countries at their festivals...I would not be surprised as it has went down so well everywhere) but they need all these new guys to buy, buy , buy.

I thin kthis is what we see so many low level players doing pretty well in arena - they are buying (or being very lucky) - so weird to see these low level guys give my level 100 kids accounts a run for the money in the arena as they have pulled a few decent top level characters. You are like WOW and then you play them and they get one hit deaths because they simply have the characters and not the talisman for example.

It is all good though and there is greta fun to be had at the lower levels in the arena this week using my kids accounts.....way more fun than the higher levels that is for sure!
    Alot of good stuff in what you said.
    I was going to get that $30 pack w/ 100 each of the colored shards..... I figured you'd probably spend that much in ironite and FC coins just to grind for half of what the pak supplies... plus, the time you'd save. But I will opt to get the Brokeback.......hmmm, I mean Lone Star Ed Buckarrooos! Yeee Haw!!!!
    Just to keep the collection going.

And yes, the lower ranks of Arena are much more fun. For starters, the AI defense boost is counter balanced by us having most or all of the relics... which means we might have a chance to win... even with the AI ignoring passives etc. (Bugs)
    The best part is battling against all kinds of different toons.... unlike the same cookie cutter teams at the top. (Same battle over and over)
    I actually used Angel Ed for the Gunner challenge and I kept using him for all the challenges. I got a good experience with him.... never used him that much before. So, I like to change things up, don't care about ranking.... so Angel Ed became my new current Arena Ed. I know Gambler is badass, but I got burned out on him along time ago.
    What's funny is when certain toons piss you off so much in PvP, that you actually get a personal hatred for the toon and never want to use them. It took me awhile to get over hating Hallowed ED and Alchemist after last summer. LOL
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    Thanks gotn,glad u got a laugh out of it. Bakura i cant seem to stop using gambler, his passive disable move is worth its weight in gold