Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Character Awakening - Requirements and Initial Thoughts

For reference, below are the requirements for awakening Dark Lilith for each of the six awakening tiers.

My assumption is that these requirements are and will be consistent across all awakenable characters - except, of course, that class-specific items will correspond to the character class, and the final tier character "type" shard (Lord of Light in the case of Dark Lilith) will correspond to the character type (e.g., Wicker in the case of Raven Witch).

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 4729
Size:  467.2 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 3850
Size:  482.9 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 4037
Size:  476.3 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 3978
Size:  484.5 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 3925
Size:  475.5 KB

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 4035
Size:  458.4 KB

Some observations and tips . . .

1. I roughly estimate that it would take about 750 runs on LoL XIV to acquire all of the necessary awakening material (excluding the regular 3* evo shards, which drop elsewhere - more on these below) to fully awaken a LoL type character. This would be achieved via run drops and also purchasing packs in the Store using awakening frags that drop from the runs (more on these below).

2. In my case, the bottleneck items were color-specific awakening shards. In general, the colorless shards dropped decently well, and I was mostly able to acquire enough of those from the runs themselves. But, color-specific shards were much more rare, and I ended up needing to purchase several packs using awakening frags. For instance, I needed to buy 4 of the 1000-frag packs to awaken Dark Lilith from tier 5 to tier 6.

3. LoL XIV drops 10 awakening frags per run. It's possible that you may very rarely see a drop of more than 10, but I'm not positive. Plan on a consistent 10 per run.

4. Points (1) - (3) above are based on LoL XIV. It's possible that the upcoming release of LoL XV will change the above assessment (e.g., higher star awakening shards may drop more plentifully on XV).

5. It takes 450 color-specific 3* evo shards to fully awaken a character. A lot of players probably have a good hoard of these, especially red, blue, and green, due to the LoL 4* character fragment events over the years. But, purple and yellow will generally be a weak spot for most, if not all, players. In addition, while many players can use their existing hoard to awaken these first awakenable characters, it won't be long before these 3* evo shards become a real bottleneck. I needed to farm for my last 30 for Dark Lilith, and it took 13 SoT refills on LoL X to get them all. Assuming this is generally representative, we're looking at about 200 SoT refills on a specific class of LoL X per awakenable character as the run rate (once hoards are spent) - read that again: 200 refills. This assumes that we don't get any other future sources of these shards. We likely will, as is usually the case with new features and materials (e.g., cosmic evo materials are much more plentiful now than a few months ago). But, this just illustrates the importance of that and the value of these shards in the meantime. For the foreseeable future, consider burning any excess SoT ("what's excess SoT?!") in LoL for awhile, especially when Gunner and Assassin are open.

6. Shard inventory slots continue to be a huge problem. Awakening materials have added over 30 types of shards, each taking up a valuable inventory slot. This has been discussed extensively elsewhere, but we need to see an increase in available slots to account for this. Effectively losing 30+ slots has a huge impact.

[I haven't been doing a good job keeping up with the Forum over the past couple weeks, so it's possible that some of this is a repeat of what has already been posted. But, I wanted to put all this information in one place.]
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    thanks for the detailed information. it seems to follow specific patterns. first introduce something, for the whales, so that they can spend their stacks on and after a few months open it to the masses. personally i won't awaken one single level atm for this ridiculous prices, i will just sit on my ass and wait how things will develop

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Some notes that might help others:
    1. Raven's Altar drops a lot of 3* coloured and 3* colourless evo shards, but it's random. For the first half of a recent run in Raven's Altar it dropped no 3* purple evo shards at all, which was annoying as I only needed 3 more for a specific character awakening. In the second half it dropped enough that got me to my goal at least. Just need to remember it's not a consistent return.
    2. There's some note in the September 2019 Pt 2 tuning notes that 4* and 5* colourless awakening shards will drop more frequently (see https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/s...ng-PRELIMINARY for details), so they at least recognise that it's harder than it needs to be.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    iOS
    They will fix only drops in LOL 11-14.not in raven dungeon?

OS
    Android
    Ip4: What's all they've announced in this current update, and also only for LoL 14.

They've also said there'll be other fixes not mentioned, so maybe we'll see more stuff soon.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post

1. I roughly estimate that it would take about 750 runs on LoL XIV to acquire all of the necessary awakening material (excluding the regular 3* evo shards, which drop elsewhere - more on these below) to fully awaken a LoL type character.
    No.

Over 1200 runs and I have not garnered enough class-specific materials to fully awaken any single character. I'm always 1 or 2 items short... and.. I DO use the awakening frags for runes if possible. I do however refuse to spend 1000 frags on 1 rune. That, to me is silly. I did purchase the "awakening" pack with 100 evo runes of all the classes.. disregarding the Assassin class - because I have 3 different characters at various levels of awakening -- Looking an W, S, M, and G... I STILL have not gained enough items to fully awaken any single one of these.. and in fact a couple are only awakened two or three times due to shortages of resources.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    No.

Over 1200 runs and I have not garnered enough class-specific materials to fully awaken any single character. I'm always 1 or 2 items short... and.. I DO use the awakening frags for runes if possible. I do however refuse to spend 1000 frags on 1 rune. That, to me is silly. I did purchase the "awakening" pack with 100 evo runes of all the classes.. disregarding the Assassin class - because I have 3 different characters at various levels of awakening -- Looking an W, S, M, and G... I STILL have not gained enough items to fully awaken any single one of these.. and in fact a couple are only awakened two or three times due to shortages of resources.
    I fully awakened Dark Lilith in 687 runs of the LoL dungeon. Some were on XI and XII, but most were on XIV. I got some help with 1000 awakening frags from a pack in the Store, but that would only be an extra 100 runs of XIV.

Name:  Screenshot_20190924-011748_Gallery.jpg
Views: 3760
Size:  125.5 KB

How many awakening frags are you sitting on?
    Last edited by druid138; 09-24-2019 at 08:23 AM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    You guys are way ahead of me and it's quite discouraging to hear how much 'farming' is involved atm. Besides awakening materials, 3* colorful shards will be a pita here. Increasing drops? Some conversions as for colorless ones? Hmm?
    Great issues summary man, thank you. With confident expectations that game will provide...

OS
    iOS
    FYI I burned over 800 ironite on mega-refills for the last Assassin LOL... ended up with 86 3 star stones..... Factor in Dark Lilith, Raven Witch, and A LOL.. all in need of them.... It's bad enough when you jsut need 100 for that penultimate awakening step. But when you need them for more than one character it's just defeating and seems entirely futile..... so.. yeah... "long term goal" as devs seem to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    I fully awakened Dark Lilith in 687 runs of the LoL dungeon. Some were on XI and XII, but most were on XIV. I got some help with 1000 awakening frags from a pack in the Store, but that would only be an extra 100 runs of XIV.

How many awakening frags are you sitting on?
    Like I posted.. factor in 3 Assassin characters and it's a different goal. And.. in my 1200+ runs I've only gotten 4 of those black cube evo things.

And I'm sitting on less than 200 awakening frags. I've spent them on evo materials and some cashed in for souls. I'm at the point where I need the 600 or 100 frag packs for every class and multiples for the Assassin class. I'm not going to burn frags on 1000 frag packs from ONE item [ seriously devs... ONE?!?! ] until that's all I need. My primary shortages are the colored awakening runes .... 2 stars or greater. Plenty of 1 stars. Seems I'm always 1 or 2 of short on 2 or 3 star colored awakening runes. And they don't drop with ANY sort of regularity here. I mostly get the colorless awakening runes.

Basically, the colored awakening runes seems to be following the same rates/path as the 2/3 star colored talisman evo runes.. rare and nothing with any sort of regularity. They've done a decent job of increasing the colorless talisman evo rune drops.. just wish they'd do the same for other evo materials.

Sidebar.. and what's up with cosmic talismans.. nothing new?? I NEVER pull any of them with special augments any more.. even the epics I convert are all simply DEF/HP/MR/ATK/MAG +15%.. Where are the blind, guard, strike, flash, purge, venom, hunter, predator, fate, etc augments??? Seems the've actually stopped adding augments and made drop rates for better cosmics impossible. I've dropped so many epics I've lost count.. and all nothing special and NEVER anything more than a T2. Not that it matters I suppose.. Cosmic evolution is frankly impossible and a myth. There's NEVER any drop or acquisition of enough materials to evolve any cosmic past a 2 star.. and even getting to 2 stars can be a horrible time-consuming thing.. so much so you forget.. until you see the little arrow.

This is EXACTLY what it seems "awakening" is as well... a lesson in frustration for the most part. Making certain the "player" always feels there's something they must strive for... but at the same time they ensure you'll never actually get it in any sort of usable time frame. Because when you do finally get that "thing" it'll be 6 months later when it's been made entirely irrelevant by new characters, talismans, awakening, enlightening, emboldening, accessions -- or whatever the next phase after "awakening" will be.
    Last edited by Yup; 09-24-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    i burned 2500 ironite and still need more to upgrade to 9 star Dark Lilith, already burned 2000 FC and that continue...very expensive...near 900 runs in LOL 11-14 and 450 runs in raven witch dungeon...