Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Will there be 6* characters one day?

I was just thinking about the scaling when Night City comes out. Since Underworld Madness was basically the end all for character levels, how are things going to be pushed forward? Should there be a higher power to battle or even attain, or should Night City Madness just have characters with insane talisman boosts?
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    My guess is that, there won't be any 6* chars, but, the new RELICS items/mechanic will have an impact there.

Cheers!!! Ed.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

I think the 6* characters won't be in for a while, but they will be available.
    What I think it is going to be is that our characters will be nerferd on those worlds from the get go. Like HP cut in half, damaged cut in half, not able to stun/freeze characters. etc.

OS
    Android
    That would be pretty interesting to have some sort of defect on your characters that will make you want to strategize. And I wasn't thinking about relics when I made this, so those will probably play a factor in the difficulty scaling.

What could relics do that would change the tide in a battle though? If they're purely stat oriented then I'd try and use them to help Rainmaker Eddie be less killable.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Oh, I was talking mainly about Night City scaling...

On the 6* one day question: Probably yes. Not for a long time IMO, but its a real possibility

If relics are Stat boosting items, you could THEORETICALLY, consider then as upgrading you char to the stats of a superior quality char, It will all depend on how relics will work.

I, personally, think then as a tuning system, want the base special to be higher on some Eddie? go for it, maybe if you raise some stat you will have to pay on another, for example a Relic that ads 350 to Special but lowers your ATK and MAGIC by 150 each.

Cheers!! Ed.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    Android
    i would really dislike 6* chars since this would ruin all the archieved balance. this would be a very bad move imo.
    if you wanna scale the difficulty, talisman and relicts should be enough. BNW it's a good example for that.

so i really doubt we will ever see them

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    i would really dislike 6* chars since this would ruin all the archieved balance. this would be a very bad move imo.
    if you wanna scale the difficulty, talisman and relicts should be enough. BNW it's a good example for that.

so i really doubt we will ever see them
    I agree with this... It will make pretty much every character available worthless.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

Not necessarily. You will just have hoard again for materials to evolve your 5* to 6*. But again this will require a lot of work since all the characters available to be rebalance to their new stats as 6*, unless, their business plan already included 6* characters since the beginning and they just need to be "unlocked"

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    As slauki says, I think 6 star characters would be pretty poorly received by most players... I doubt we'll see this happen. Time will flow though...
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    I've thought about this too, my thought is that the toons we currently have won't work in those new worlds. In essence we will be starting over with new characters.

Maybe relics are the talismans for those new characters?

Otherwise, yes, there will have to be a new scaling factor to make new worlds challenging I think.
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired