Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Level 100 n00b, first time poster…

THANKS TO ALL for a great community— here are a couple of threads I’ve used extensively:

can't post links / showthread.php?11442-I-made-a-comprehensive-Eddie-tier-list!

can't post links / showthread.php?10854-Fudjo-s-Guide-to-Asset-Management

can't post links / showthread.php?4789-Talisman-Location-Master-Post

I’ve been grinding PvE with Pharaoh Eddie, Sentinel and Assassin Hierophants, and a Magus Crimean Soldier. Running auto on Lord of Light X-XI. I use the same team in Arena and have mixed success. Just got a Clairvoyant and considering getting a Warrior Lilith (or save up for Killer Prime?). Also have a Benjamin Breeg, Phantom, Crusader— I’ve been lucky on Eddie drops. I’ve just recently figured out Events, Fragments, and maximizing Sacrifice. #1 thing I wish I would have known sooner is that YOU CAN EXPAND YOUR CHARACTER SLOTS.

Can anyone tell me what type of Gauntlet requirements you see in the higher Grades? I’ve just gotten to the “Sentinel/Assassin, no duplicates” but I don’t have enough Eddies for six battles.

Unfortunately, I had Sacrificed all my weak Eddies back when I thought the game was to collect the best roster of TWENTY-FIVE CHARACTERS.
    Last edited by Ydex; 10-05-2019 at 04:36 AM.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    Level AAA always have 5 battles of 1 class only, duplicates are allowed. Thet run in a series of several seasons with the same class, then them move to another class. After that it is open to any class toon.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Thanks for the insight. For the moment I will just concentrate on developing an equal amount of good, sharded characters from each class, and over time each class should have enough depth to pass the "two class, no duplicates" stage. I'll keep good duplicates of any class and someday when I get to AAA stage and I have enough Eddies, I'll decide which dupes to level up.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    A good selection of toons is nice, but talisman especially the newer OP ones should also be a focus. Talisman can make mediocre toons work very well,. This game has always been an arms race, but they speeded it up an added steroids to boot.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    I got some Vorpal (reduce damage, % grant Echo, % extra turn to an ally per action) with Fallen Angel fragments. And Persecution (reduce / reflect damage and % to inflict heal block) from somewhere.

Are the Steel and Destiny worth picking up with Trooper badges? More than skill shards? (I'm still sharding my Eddies).

Regarding the "arms race" with Talismans, etc., is it the case that OP Talismans eventually get nerfed, like OP toons do?

I'm also focusing on leveling up my Relics, after reading the complaints about Relics creating a "two tier" environment where teams with heavy Relics are one-shotting in PvP.

OS
    Android
    Destiny talisman are definetly worth purchasing. The steel talis work fine in the cosmos and gauntlet. In the early stages of arena they may be used.

The sacred talis are a good choice also. The blight are good for auto farming to keep a specific toon from using power moves.

It's hard to say when relics become a hindrance. I would focus on health and special relics . The health is obvious, the special will gain you fury at a faster rate. I went survivability over attack in my relic choice, but others may disagree.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    I am a "survive long enough to win" player, myself. I still use Pharaoh Eddie with 3 sets of Health Talismans-- 59,000 hit points, min/maxed for Def and MR (and his damage scales on HP and Def). Simple, but effective. If he survives long enough he can grant invincibility with Fury, or Revive with power. Usually a good defense.

I went with all global Relics at least 1-2 levels, then added global Health and Special until they got too expensive and were only adding incremental improvement (around 7-ish). Now doing all stats on each class, then planned on adding another offense level as appropriate per class.

I agree with you, and it was my thought too, that Health and Special are the most universally useful. I like to keep it simple, so I might reconsider spending too much on offense.

The best offense is controlling conditions, it seems.
    Last edited by Ydex; 10-07-2019 at 07:54 PM.

OS
    iOS
    You seem to be figuring it out well enough Ydex. Some good advice for you there from Muzzle. Your approach to having one strong team to focus on is a good one and what I did early on when the game started. Build from that. Look at forums and see what others are saying and commenting on as a good character to have. The key though is to just farm as hard as you can. Do your daily stuff, play your troopers and use sac events when they come up and try as best you can to get the new talisman that come out. Try to get a team that can defeat LOLX in all types and the same for BNW. if you have that already then develop that core team to include new strong characters that you pick up. Try to note how games go - are you too defensive or too attacking or is the balance fine? You'll know. Where can you compete to in PVP - use stuff you learn from there in your teams if you can.

My two kids have accounts and do not play every day though I set up farming for them so they use the SoT (I work from home!) they have OK teams and they are good enough to do what I said above in terms of auto farming - every month they get more characters and stronger teams and these get built up over the month and so on - they buy nothing at all and do OK but it can be slower going for sure.

A focus maybe would be to look at auto teams for each main resource area and of you have that already then you are onto a good bit of progress - just keep grinding as much as you can and try to do as many events as you can.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Regarding your frontier coin question: save for Killer Prime. Killer Prime a powerful character who is useful everywhere. You'll acquire all the Liliths eventually through monthly events in the LOL dungeons which drop Lilith frags.

OS
    Android
    Thanks, purplepeople. Question about the Killer Prime in the Frontier store-- he's a Sentinel. Does he come in other classes?