Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Some Lucifer maths

Time to do some role-playing.

Hi guys I'm a brand new player and I wanna try and beat this game and get as many cool characters as I can.

(A month later)

Man I sure am lucky I pulled Doomsday Eddie he's so cool! I managed to finish Night City after what felt like going through hell. Time to see what else there is. Ooh arena, I should check that out.

(5 minutes later)

Jesus this is difficult, all these teams look the same, where can I find these characters? Oh I see they're in the frontier store. I have about 400 coins let's see who I can get...

WHAT THE HELL? There's so many characters here! And they all cost so many frontier coins, how could I possibly get them all in a realistically short time??

Okay I'll focus on the achievement characters, they might be easier.... Let's see... Grim Reaper Eddie. Okay he takes a decent amount of effort to get so I'll start with him.

(A week later)

Okay I have grim Reaper and why does he suck so much? I've gotten better characters from the souls I've earned just trying to get this guy. Whatever, time to move on heeeey wait, Dark Lilith? Lucifer? They sound like the best characters in the game! How do I get them?

(Checks the requirements)

Yeah no screw this I'm quitting the game.

And that's the lifespan of a new player in this game.

So as of right now, Lucifer is the most end of the game character you can get and here is how you get him

Step one, get all 6 Lord's of Light. One Lord costs 2,500 frontier coins. So 6 Lord's will cost you 15,000 Frontier coins just right out of the gate.

Step two, max out EVERY SINGLE ONE. I'm not even going to go into the amount of sands of time required to run the dungeons, or how much ironite you'd have to spend to run it. Because of the amount of materiels you need. So I'll skip to the part that's easy to see. The gold. You need to have 25,317,600 to fully awaken a character. Since there are 6 Lord's to Max out counting the Cosmic Lord, that brings our total up to 151,905,600 gold.

Step 3, Run the dungeons 100 times with the first 5 Lord's. Believe it or not this is actually probably the fastest step there is. But it's still a ridiculous step.

Step 4, congratulations you now are about halfway to getting Lucifer. Time to take a detour. You have you fully awaken Dark Lilith, so tack on another 25mil to our counter.

Step 5. This is the last step. Go back to the dungeons and run Lilith Bloodmoon and the Cosmic Lord of Light 300 times each.

And finally after all this, you will have your Lucifer. Now I want you to take a step back and ask yourself... Was this all worth it?

OS
    Android
    For the insanely dedicated player. YES!!!!.

Some small details you glossed over. While doing these insane repetative battles you will have new dungeons and events to complete. Thus acquiring new toons and talis that will suck up some of those resources.

Maybe they should change some of the backgrounds to a steep never ending hill that you must conquor. They of course offer rest stops so you can open your wallet.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    i can start step 5 but just like you said is all worth it?Maybe in few months when i collect 15000 ironite and 10000FC...

OS
    iOS
    I've only been playing for about 4 months, but I've been saving up Ironite since the LoL mega event began - and on the first day of it, I had enough to just buy the souls needed to get Lucy. It sucks that I missed Dark Lilith, but Lucy is awesome so far - so just a thought, save up Ironite whenever possible and when you have a lot in the bank and you really want a new character, you can get it...

(Also, obsessively load the game during the day to make sure your SOT are being used up, so you won't miss a refill except when you're over because of the mega SOT refills).

OS
    iOS
    Just a point of contention..... You can't "finish Night City" if you DON'T have GRE So those may need to be reversed.

And the "all teams look the same" in PvP is an upper-teir thing. They don't look the same below roughly 2500pts.

I think you've overlooked that as a new player.. the cosmos still offers some sense of advancement and achievement.. then the same can be said for BNW.. and the LOL 1-X tiers. So I don't really think it's quite as bad as you point out. It's more the mid-level players that can get QUICKLY defeated and lose interest. Once you have some strong toons and realize you CAN'T get stronger toons to compete at upper levels.. that's where it gets futile. The problem comes int eh long-stretch goal to get Eternals.. to realize eternals are pathetic... or the long stretch goals to get KP and Gambler/Angel.. and then realize it'll be equally long to get the next FC character.

Most on teh forum have been playing a looooooooooong time so we've got some benefit of being able to strive for new toons as they are released. From a new players perspective that carrot at the end of teh stick jsut keeps getting father and farther away because those who have been playing longer can grab the carrot faster... and this app does not base achievements on a curve.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    I think obsessively loading the game is one of the key similarities of all of us long-time players. LOL
    "A good game is like a mirror that allows you to look into yourself. And you can learn a lot about a man by watching how he plays a game." Malcador

Cartic-4058 - in-game account ID

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim28213 View Post
    I think obsessively loading the game is one of the key similarities of all of us long-time players. LOL
    Haha - I've only been playing since summer! I found out about the game a while before the Brooklyn concert, and decided to try it. Instantly hooked, even though I don't usually like video games.

Still new to the forum though - I uploaded a cool avatar of myself, but it's only showing up on my profile page and not on my posts. WTF?

OS
    Android
    I'm a pretty new player and I don't have any "glamour" characters. I think I'll get there eventually, but I'm 0% interested in building an Alex Eddie/Charlotte/Killer Prime/Lord of Light team with all the same Talismans that every other team in the top tier has. Or whatever the next Meta is.

Being in the lower ranks of PvP is arguably the most/only interesting part of this game. Building team synergy and fighting lots of weird, unique team setups. Right now my three-person defense is beating Warlord class PvP teams. Now that's fun
    Last edited by Ydex; 10-08-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    Great post Amarthir! Finally I can feel like a new player again, lol
    I only got 1 LoL so far (can easily buy the others with FC), but no Dark Lilith or Lucifer. I might have spent some Ironite for Dark Lilith if I would have realised that she would shorten that way to Lucifer so much, damn. I am not looking forward to the grind that will be neccessary. Guys that have Lucifer: enjoy him while it lasts. This time I really hope he will be replaced with the next overpowered character within a week or two :P
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
    Lucifer can also from event souls.
    opened like 80 souls and no 5* only and dupes shit ^^
    I play all troopers all days.