Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Am loving the updates to my old skool faves in this one! Bass Eddie has always been my #1 Magus Eddie and now hes new and improved! Woot!

OS
    iOS
    So there's definitely going to be a Vampire Hunter Eddie Variant for the Dracula dungeon, that's nice! As for the other changes, it is nice to see Bass Eddie really getting that support. Grim Reaper Eddie is still going to suck, and the Ancient Mariner is really starting to look good. Quantum Talismans are still not good, so whatever. Lycan talismans are looking amazing though!

OS
    iOS
    Hope we can see dracula as character i don't want to play against VHE...

OS
    Android
    Can't believe that's the only buff Grim is getting. Look at all the other 5 star characters in this update and Grim just gets a measly buff to his fury which when maxed only has an 85% of applying doom. Ferryman and M LOL can doom from basic attacks. I mean he's the Grim Reaper, his fury should automatically kill at least one character regardless of buffs. Plus his stats suck and he can't cleanse at all and can only effectively heal himself which is a waste cause that attack does terrible damage and the heal isn't even 100%. Even shit SOL Eddie has a basic that heals the whole team. Grim is a natural 5 star and all his moves should be completely revamped. Sucks cause he was my first natural 5 star Eddie. I've played since day one and that's how bad my luck use to be with the Book of Souls

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    See I have all relics.. and I believe they play a large role. Or at least a larger role than devs will let on.

There's no reason a dungeon restricted to 3 star characters should be as difficult as I'm finding it. It's not like I'm trying to compete with a bunch of sandworms with no talismans. I just think it's a shame that they configure things to NOT be enjoyable. The "frustration factor" does NOT make me want to play more.. no no.. just the opposite.
    I totally agree with you. The fun of using a host of different characters has dissipated. It’s all about talismans now and there are several that are so powerful as to remove all the fun of team selection. Battles are mostly tedious/boring for me now.

OS
    iOS
    I still play the game loads - 90% on auto to be honest so I am trying my best to take a relaxed attitude and trying to stay away from purchases for sure. It is simply not worth it for me - I will never be top dog or even top 100. Not got the time or skills or patience or memory to remember all the skills, where everything is kept etc etc. So, for me, this works just fine. next week I am on holiday in Holland, likely able to do troopers and some other stuff but will no doubt miss most of the upcoming event(s) that I assume will start at the weekend or Monday...and that is fine. Will do my best when back at my base in the evening but it's just fine. I really need to get my head round the fact it is a game, a mobile game and I am never goin to be super good at it like many are on here.

I see lots of folks saying similar things on here and various forums and I get it - arena is a joke for the most part. There is fun to be had lower down for sure but the top 2-300 (it is spreading too) is just the same lottery - you never know what talisman you will gave or if RNG will be with you or not so I even started just using auto at times there too. They need to change things up and create different tiers for different types of player or do something different.

The most fun I have is doing test runs of my own defence vs different attack teams! Or the odd bit in arena if I fall down the list a bit...and gauntlet to a degree but even that is just a lottery with little to no strategy especially when you get to SSS - it is just too much and I hate losing so I just do not bother much with it after SSS - I take a look at the first team and usually say f**k it and move on....and I have well over 4k SoW to use...maybe one day I will use it and just lose a lot!

Facing the same team over and over is crap and boring, especially when the rewards are not great unless you get into the top 10 or so.....maybe several arena leagues might change it up - have the current version as a champions league - 5 star teams only, then have a 4 star, 3 star, 2 star and so on - cant be hard to set up...anything for some variation and I want to use the roster I have more - go back to those old characters you never go near now.

Don't get me wrong - still mostly love the game and play it a lot as I have said but with so much auto it really is just a resource gathering machine with very little fun left to find....well for me anyway....and everything is so expensive and getting worse too.....drop the damn prices of stuff, even 35 sands per level 15 is daft, same for 14 etc etc - why so expensive? I hope in this quiet period for events that they are really trying to sort the bugs out - level 15 bugs are not great - we have a way past them of course but that should be hot fixed - hot fixes seem to be almost every other day so come on do one a day and take a bug away with each one - cant be too hard to do. Pretty sure if it was a bug where you could not buy stuff it would be fixed asap - not so with the rest of it.....though the servers do seem to be better so I assume they have either lost a sh*t tonne of new players or that servers were increased.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    LoL key disappeared from frontier store.

OS
    iOS
    @ Scott.... a holiday in Holland? Are you sure about that?
    It has been raining the whole time this week
    Anyway, I hope that you have a great time over here. \m/

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    I still play the game loads - 90% on auto to be honest so I am trying my best to take a relaxed attitude and trying to stay away from purchases for sure. It is simply not worth it for me - I will never be top dog or even top 100. Not got the time or skills or patience or memory to remember all the skills, where everything is kept etc etc. So, for me, this works just fine. next week I am on holiday in Holland, likely able to do troopers and some other stuff but will no doubt miss most of the upcoming event(s) that I assume will start at the weekend or Monday...and that is fine. Will do my best when back at my base in the evening but it's just fine. I really need to get my head round the fact it is a game, a mobile game and I am never goin to be super good at it like many are on here.

I see lots of folks saying similar things on here and various forums and I get it - arena is a joke for the most part. There is fun to be had lower down for sure but the top 2-300 (it is spreading too) is just the same lottery - you never know what talisman you will gave or if RNG will be with you or not so I even started just using auto at times there too. They need to change things up and create different tiers for different types of player or do something different.

The most fun I have is doing test runs of my own defence vs different attack teams! Or the odd bit in arena if I fall down the list a bit...and gauntlet to a degree but even that is just a lottery with little to no strategy especially when you get to SSS - it is just too much and I hate losing so I just do not bother much with it after SSS - I take a look at the first team and usually say f**k it and move on....and I have well over 4k SoW to use...maybe one day I will use it and just lose a lot!

Facing the same team over and over is crap and boring, especially when the rewards are not great unless you get into the top 10 or so.....maybe several arena leagues might change it up - have the current version as a champions league - 5 star teams only, then have a 4 star, 3 star, 2 star and so on - cant be hard to set up...anything for some variation and I want to use the roster I have more - go back to those old characters you never go near now.

Don't get me wrong - still mostly love the game and play it a lot as I have said but with so much auto it really is just a resource gathering machine with very little fun left to find....well for me anyway....and everything is so expensive and getting worse too.....drop the damn prices of stuff, even 35 sands per level 15 is daft, same for 14 etc etc - why so expensive? I hope in this quiet period for events that they are really trying to sort the bugs out - level 15 bugs are not great - we have a way past them of course but that should be hot fixed - hot fixes seem to be almost every other day so come on do one a day and take a bug away with each one - cant be too hard to do. Pretty sure if it was a bug where you could not buy stuff it would be fixed asap - not so with the rest of it.....though the servers do seem to be better so I assume they have either lost a sh*t tonne of new players or that servers were increased.
    We have very very similar thoughts and opinions about the game recently! Same is true for your other post in the Hot Fix thread. I could also buy Lucy but this would suck up all my Ironite and then I could not play anymore, lol. Getting Dark Lilith would have been a better option to get the shortcut to Lucy, but well now it's too late.
    We will see how things continue and evolve. A relaxed look on all that can surely help. I am a bit sad that my top ~20 pvp days are over, but I enjoy the free time I have instead!

Enjoy your trip to Holland! There are plenty things to do also if it rains. But BTW @Intimidator: Scott is a scott, that means he is rainproof anyway
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Grim Reaper Eddie was underpowered even when he was released; the other Five Star Eds were much better and FoTD was also doing great in the arena. Would you guys be interested in me writing up a new version of GRE for fun?