Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Stuck in a rut in the Arena

I'm a relatively new player (since June or so) - so excuse me if this is well-worn territory, but -

I feel like I'm stuck in a rut in the Arena. I was having a ton of fun with it over the last few months; I'd get my slates of 10 challengers, face all different sorts of teams, often win, sometimes lose, etc. When I lost, I at least learned more about toons I don't have, or talismans, etc, and tried to re-tune my team to make a second attempt. It was all great fun, and I was raking in Iron Coins - although I was spending them on stupid crap; didn't realize how important Relics are.

At around 2500, teams started getting less diverse, and I'd fight the ones I thought I had a chance with, then use the free reload every half-hour.

Now around 3000 and ranked in the top 200, it's basically all variations on the same team - either Gambler or Alex, an LoL or two (or Dark Lilith, Lucy, etc), Charlotte, and maybe a KP or Malakhov. Since I don't have a Charlotte or Malakhov, and I don't have Orbit Talismans, I'm barely fighting anymore, which sucks - I just wanna do some battles against different kinds of teams, win some, lose some, but have some fun with it. And of course, earn loads of Iron Coins to buy those Relics with!

Anybody else stuck in a rut like this? I have over 600 Sands of Time to spend - and can't really get any farther up the ladder. Plus I'm not having fun with it anymore - it's essentially as exciting as grinding. Arena battles used to be one of my favorite parts of the game!

Any advice would be appreciated.

UP THE IRONS! \m/

OS
    iOS
    Relics can't halp you much this days it's all in talismans and characters...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ip4 View Post
    Relics can't halp you much this days it's all in talismans and characters...
    How can having boosts to your stats - especially the more expensive universal ones (i've been getting those and Warrior ones) - not be helpful? It probably wouldn't have taken me 2 months to clear Night City from opening it to completing Lord of the Flies on Madness if I'd maxed out my relics, like a lot of people seem to have done...

And I can't get characters or talismans with Iron Coins - it was a nice alternative to regular grinding, which required Sands of Time. Sitting on over 600 Sands of War seems pretty dumb to me!

OS
    Android
    What you are feeling many are in the same boat. If you want to fight different teams just drop down in the ranks. I only fight maybe 5 arena battles a day. I have no desire or time for the arena.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    What you are feeling many are in the same boat. If you want to fight different teams just drop down in the ranks. I only fight maybe 5 arena battles a day. I have no desire or time for the arena.
    Um, yes please! I was having far more fun at 2000 than I am at 3000 - how do you do this? I haven't seen the option in the Arena options menus?

OS
    Android
    To lower your rank you have to lose. Unless there's a trick I don't know.

2000-2500 in PvP is the funnest part of this game
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    Put a lone eddie on your defence,you will fall fast. And i would def max out your relics. If someone with maxed relics attacks you,they will wipe out your whole team in one hit

OS
    Android
    Put up a weak defense or lone Eddie and allow your defense to lose. That should lower your ranking.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Also putting the lone eddie or weak defense lets the weaker players attack you and gives you the chance to revenge against their easier teams. I actually always finish much higher with a lone eddie defense because of that then if I try to just attack from the list itself

OS
    Android
    It's a double-edged sword. I put up a three-person defense and it sometimes auto-defeats teams ranked 500 points higher than me. It's hard to avoid the curiosity of fighting that team again to see what happened. Then I go way up in ranks because of the lop-sided victory.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic