Unhappy Requiring an internet connection makes the game unplayable

I can't even turn the game on unless I'm on WiFi. I get the message "Connection Error. Please check your internet connection."

This is the worst decision you can make for a game on MOBILE phones. Please nix this requirement. I'd like to actually play the game.

I wanted to play today on the airplane from SF to NY but couldn't without internet access. Would have been cool for a 5 hour plane ride.
    My Maiden Dates:
    7/17/82 9/4/82 7/5/83 3/20/85 7/4/85 2/22/87 6/5/88 3/13/91 6/30/92 9/16/00 8/28/03 8/29/03
    8/30/03 8/15/05 10/21/06 5/28/08 5/31/08 6/20/10 8/3/12 8/4/12 Las Vegas 9/12/13 & 2/28/16

The sad thing about mobile games is how easy it is to hack and that will spoil all the fun for everyone. As an avid gamer, I tested this game to my limited mobile game hacking knowledge and found no hack...which makes it fun for me because I can truly enjoy this game slowly.

Therefore with internet connection and server storing your game progress, this game is gonna stay fun.

I checked during the Beta about whether the internet connection was required and I was advised it's because the team will 'send' items down to players during the gameplay. This includes items like the shards, runes, souls etc.

Most games for mobile devices require an internet connection, whether it's 4G or WiFi, but that's modern technology and the advancements.

I have no issues with other games being online..but this one seems to lock up every now and then when i switch rooms like going to the back of the house or leave the house and it switches my internet connection during gameplay.

Exactly because of the points written here, I am actually happy that this is an online game.
    This way it's indeed fun for people to keep grinding and playing.

I remember when Mortal Kombat came out, the top 20% on the leaderboards were all people who used some sort of cheat or hack (me included, because if you can't beat em...). This meant that while you still had to level up, it was damn easy to get the highest level characters from the shop.

Seeing as this game doesn't seem to allow me to cheat, getting that Samurai Eddie will be all the more special!
    (not got a single 5* character yet, even though I bought the starter pack and used all that ironite on souls)

I know all games do this these days, but it just stinks. I can't play this game on my commute. I can't play it in line at the DMV where I have no internet connection.
    The only place I can reliably play it is in my own home with a WIFI connection. If I'm at my house, I could be playing real video games on an actual computer or maybe even talking to my family!

So.... play another game and stop nagging?
    Read the reasons above and you can see there was some good sense making this an online-only game.
    In my opinion the "Hah, screw you cheaters!" benefit outweighs the occasional "Boohoo, I can't play because I got no interwebs" problem.

To me, that's a bizarre attitude to have.
    I would prefer for as many people as possible be able to play and enjoy the game rather than worrying about whether other people are playing in a way I disagree with.

I think a hackable game will make it unenjoyable for most people, especially after pvp is released.