Hybrid View

OS
    iOS

Updates from Space Station No.5 - October 10th 2019

Name:  Updates-station-5.png
Views: 10690
Size:  1.07 MB

Hello Troopers!

Welcome to your new WEEKLY update, straight from Navigator Games at Space Station No.5. This will be an amalgamation of content from upcoming Updates, current Events, Bug reports and Fixes. All of which are being curated for you, the Community. I would like this to become a place for us in the studio to celebrate the game with the community, who make this game as great as it is. Speaking of celebrating the game, let’s talk about Clans!

CLANS

The next big update we have for you is something most of you have heard about, CLANS! We are going to let you band together, recruit Troopers and work towards common goals. This feature is being released with the intent that it will grow and evolve as the game evolves. This means some features you might want, will not be available at launch, but will be added in the future updates. Clan chat is one of those features that we knew everyone would want. While this will not be available in the very first Clans release, please know that we are all hard at work creating a chat experience you will love.

The Art team have been able to share some images with us, can you tell what the inspirations are for these Clan Banners?

Name:  image (1).png
Views: 2551
Size:  750.1 KB

NEW EDDIE INCOMING

Keep an eye out for this ancient and deadly Eddie headed your way sometime next month! The team is currently hard at work getting him into fighting shape for you!

Name:  image.png
Views: 2300
Size:  377.8 KB

Join us on Reddit!

https://www.reddit.com/r/LegacyoftheBeast/

It’s as simple as that! We have recently gained Moderator status for the previously unused Legacy of the Beast Subreddit. This will be a great place for the Community and Navigator’s to come together and discuss the game, for you to recruit new members for your growing Clan and more!

We are also looking for some members of the community who would like to be Moderators on this platform. We know that the best way to grow on Reddit is to work together with our players, not separately. So if you think you have the chops to help keep things ticking at Reddit, send me a message here - https://www.reddit.com/user/Ceeg_LotB
    Include your Forum profile/Facebook profile, as well as Legacy of the Beast username for a quick review of historical interactions with our pages.

Bug Reports and Squashes

As part of this weekly update, I will be including some of the reported bugs and bug squashes included in updates from the team.

Bug Reports:

• [Challenges] - Battles in the new Cosmic Lord of Light Dungeon were not being counted towards the "Win X Lord of Light Battles" event challenge during “Across The Galaxy”.
    • While playing a match in Lord of Light floor XV a hang occurs, It is suspected that Singularity Talismans may be the cause.
    • 4* and 5* Colourless Evo Runes are dropping in the Lord of Light Frontier Dungeon. These will be removed from the reward pool in a later update. If you have collected them you can still use them to level up your Talismans, or they can be sold for Gold!

Bug Squashes.
    This week we released server side hotfixes that covered the following:

• Correction to Awakening upgrade costs

Name:  image (99).png
Views: 2282
Size:  12.0 KB

• A solution for a bug that was preventing a group of players from being able to successfully load into the game.

A Final Note

This weekly update series is aimed at blurring the lines between Community and Studio. It’s here to gather your constructive feedback so that we at the studio can continue to make the game that you want to play. So it is very important to me that everyone should feel free and able to share their feedback and know it is being received. This post, wherever you may read it, is the perfect place for that.

See you next week!

Ceeg

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceeg_LOTB View Post
    Bug Squashes.
    This week we released server side hotfixes that covered the following:

• Correction to Awakening upgrade costs

Ridiculous chart of exhorbitant fees replaced by this text line for brevity.
    If you really want to "blur the lines between studio and community", how about asking us whether we felt this was a "bug" or not? It's already incredibly hard to get the shards needed to level up a character to fully awakened. And now it's $10M too? I think if you just took a straw poll - or hell, headed to the forums to see all the complaints about this - you would see that the previous values were not regarded as a "bug" by most of us. I can't speak for everybody, but this is severely decreasing my enthusiasm for this new game mechanic - especially as, by the end of today, i should (in theory) have the shards needed to get a level XI - and now it's going to cost me $6M+ more?

Why not take a straw poll on these new values and see if people like this "bug fix"?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Discordian View Post
    If you really want to "blur the lines between studio and community", how about asking us whether we felt this was a "bug" or not? It's already incredibly hard to get the shards needed to level up a character to fully awakened. And now it's $10M too? I think if you just took a straw poll - or hell, headed to the forums to see all the complaints about this - you would see that the previous values were not regarded as a "bug" by most of us. I can't speak for everybody, but this is severely decreasing my enthusiasm for this new game mechanic - especially as, by the end of today, i should (in theory) have the shards needed to get a level XI - and now it's going to cost me $6M+ more?

Why not take a straw poll on these new values and see if people like this "bug fix"?
    I understand your sentiment here. I've been in the same situation before where an issue was fixed and I was left further behind than before. But the only people able to classify something in the game as a Bug or a Feature are the Devs. And this was classified as a bug and therefore had to be resolved to push further updates. This is also the pinnacle of things to accomplish in the game at the minute, hence the heavy price.

OS
    iOS
    Well, the three triangles are Norse Mythology, the middle flag is of Celtic origin, but I have no clue what is being referenced with the cow/ox skull. Aside from that, the new Oni Eddie looks interesting; not sure what event he'll correlate with, but he looks to be a warrior Eddie that I'm going to assume is a 4-star, since the only other warrior Ed at 4 stars is Phantom Ed.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimDusk View Post
    Well, the three triangles are Norse Mythology, the middle flag is of Celtic origin, but I have no clue what is being referenced with the cow/ox skull. Aside from that, the new Oni Eddie looks interesting; not sure what event he'll correlate with, but he looks to be a warrior Eddie that I'm going to assume is a 4-star, since the only other warrior Ed at 4 stars is Phantom Ed.
    Lots of great conclusions, just from an early image! I will be able to release more info at a later date. I'm excited about this guy though.

OS
    Android
    Thanks for the update. It will be great to get these weekly!

Regarding Reddit, what is the motivation for that? What can be accomplished there that can't already be accomplished here? I feel like I'm already checking 8-10 LotB sources daily as it is. Thanks again for the update!
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    You are more than welcome to keep it to just here if you want, posts like this will always be based in the Forum but linked to Reddit. I can understand not wanting to 'spider' out to too many platforms. For me to do my job to grow and support the community, it requires me to use all avenues available to me and there is opportunity for that on Reddit.

I'm glad you like the update, it's kind of my brain child and I totally want it to succeed!

OS
    Android
    Reddit is confusing. It's hard enough to find threads here in this forum, but Reddit is crap.
    The new Eddie isn't necessary. We need updates on our old toons and Eddies. They need much higher base stats.
    At the moment I think we need a break and not a new buggy and time consuming new feature (clans).

OS
    iOS
    - $10Mil for the final awakening level is too much especially given the long haul to get the materials necessary for awakening. A reasonable compromise would be to drop it to 6-7Mil.. and then 4-5Mil for the penultimate step.

- Please correct the endless loop bug in LOL 15 with the 2 Gunner Shardbourne and Brave talismans. While it's possible to get around this bug via Perfect Death, or Dark Ghost -- players should not be restricted to needing character capable of inflicting those negative buffs... this is more so true since no talisman set can be used to combat the bug.

- Please review drop rates of talismans and awakening materials in LOL 15.. it's abysmal... especially if comparing these drops to level 14.

- Please review the difficulty level of the Raven's Witch Dungeon. Being restricted to 3 star characters SHOULD mean that large 6-set talismans such as Orbit are NOT necessary to complete this dungeon. Perhaps it's a relic-level issue, but I find the Raven's witch dungeon the most difficult dungeon out of ALL dungeons.

------------------------

I like reddit.. but not for this. Too many people on reddit seem unsettled and in need of counseling.
    Last edited by Yup; 10-10-2019 at 10:01 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Can we upload our own Clan Banners? The community has a lot of creativity.