Thread: Noob Question

OS
    Android

Noob Question

Hey Troopers!

Got a Noob question for you (since I'm only a month-ish into the game).
    Souls and soul fragments from events: Do these expire/disappear after the event is over? I have a ridiculous amount of Striker souls and fragments, and since the event ends in about 6 hours, I don't want to lose out on them. (I wish this damn sac event would get here already!)
    Thanks!!
    \m/
    Freddy-6436

Will play ALL Troopers Everyday

OS
    Android
    You should be fine. I tend to hang onto most souls as I get them (unless it's a frag that can be used as currency like Alchemist frags or if I'm trying to get a new character). There was an incident a while back where some people got hosed out of some fragments when the price of opening souls went up drastically, so I try not to let the fragments build too much. As far as the souls themselves, it can be beneficial to hang onto them for specific events because you can hold a good number of souls (and keys) in your inventory stacks. The October sacrifice event is usually a pretty good one. Probably a week and a half away. It should be after the dungeon and fragment events.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    iOS
    Welcome to our addiction

-----------------------

You can always claim souls from frags.. if you have enough frags for that. It doesn't matter if the event is still going or not.

Be aware though... I have NO CLUE if they "alter" drop chances. During events you are supposed to have an "increased chance at XXX". If that's true.. hard to say.. but if it is.. then I don't know if that increase is set as a date span for the event or tied to the souls themselves.

--------------------------

If the event is over....

You can generally convert frags to precious soul frags... if you have enough frags for that. I can't recall any frags that won't convert to precious soul frags after events.

-------------------------

If you don't have enough frags for either of the above.. the frags will sit in the inventory for the rest of eternity... and will NEVER go away.

---------

Safest bet for event souls... is if there's an event going on and ending soon with characters you want to get.. claim the frags for souls before the event is over.

-------------

Other frags.. be aware lately they have been offering store items for frags.. like Frontier talismans for Final Frontier Eddie frags or Alchemy talismans for Alchemist frags. This is a relatively new development. It may be wise to hold onto extra *character specific* frags after you've claimed the character once. The exception to this is generally arena or LOL grind events for frags to get some specific 4 star character. This is unrelated to event souls and event frags though.

It wouldn't surprise me if at some point down the road there were store items to be purchased with Wrathchild, LOL, Dark Lilith, or Lucifer frags.
    Last edited by Yup; 10-15-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Great info guys, thanks! I've got all the football Eddies (and several dupes of them), bought pretty much everything with the keepr soul frags (specific Eddies aside since I collected each), and have close to 10k striker frags atm. just wanted to make sure they wouldn't disappear on me. I guess I should convert the frags to actual souls and sit on those. Thanks again, I really appreciate it! \m/
    Freddy-6436

OS
    iOS
    Actually NOT converting the frags may be wiser.

As they add new characters, frags can generate those new characters. Souls won't. Once you convert frags to souls, whatever character that soul will drop has been determined.

Although.. there's some speculation as to when the character is determined.. when you get the soul.. or when you drop the soul into the BOS chamber.

If it were me.. I'd hold onto the frags until there are either new characters I want.. or I need characters for sacrifice fodder. To be fair, I'm not certain how event souls play out here. They are essentially Rare souls + new characters for the event. So I don't know if they update - i.e. if it's possible to pull a werewolf from Striker Souls...

It's best to keep frag collections, over soul collections.

Not to mention the vertical list for souls/keys in the BOS is limited in what it shows. After a certain number of items, you won't see everything.. they'll all still be there.. but you will HAVE to drop some thing into the BOS for more things to be visible. The UI and inventory management is horrible in spots.
    Last edited by Yup; 10-15-2019 at 08:44 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Damn, I should've waited a bit. I converted to souls, and then in a fit of impatience, summoned them all lol. I was hoping for PoM or Vamp Hunter, or something other than another Pharaoh (of which I now have 4) or one of the newer ones they added in there (Dracula, and the werewolves) but got another Argentina Ed, A pyro, W hellraiser and demon. Won't complain, I've got a ton to still level up
    Freddy-6436