Thread: Common souls

OS
    Android

Common souls

I feel the souls we are able to pull should be reworked. I have around 1,000 common souls taking valuable space and no desire to waste time sacrificing it selling them. I feel once you reach a certain level in the game the common souls should be removed from your level. Also the star level of toons should not be changed around, allowing a 1 it 2 star to be a 3 star or 4 star in some cases. Also, event souls should NEVER have any souls below a night city toon. In fact, after you reach a certain level you should no longer be able to pull a toon from a world below night city. A rare soul should also not have anything a common soul offers. I dumped 75 rare should at once and got over 10 wicker toons and banshees. I pulled the current event souls from the first run and pulled wicker toons and worms. This should not have happened. Even dumping my legendary souls got me corrupt rescuers and golden sons. There's no way to get rid of common souls without wasting time. They are truly good for nothing except wasting your limited space on the soul pool. I

OS
    Android
    I just use my common souls throughout the month to fill the vortex. Each stack give about 3K essence and you can earn ironite, SoW and SoT. So your 10 stacks will give you a third of a vortex and a few more rewards. If you dont collect too many stack only takes a few minutes per stack.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    I just went through 3 vortexs trying to get one of this events toons. This is why I'm ranting. I dumped 15 rare warrior souls at once and only got blue eyes. It's just frustrating to have dropped so much for garbage.

OS
    Android
    The RNG can be real bothersome. My worst roll was 100 rasr G/A souls all three stars. I then threw in another
    76 souls and only two four stats. I've also pulled 3 five star toons from a full stack of rare souls. If you are going for a specific toon get ready for a few choice words.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    No words, but a bit of steam escaping lol.

OS
    Android
    in general i get where you are going with these suggestions, however, what happens when you have a player he has been playing for a while and suddenly decides he wants to collect all the toons, now he no longer has access to the 1 & 2 star toons that only drop in the common soul. He has no access to the old 3 star + pre-night city toons. I completely agree that event souls NEED to be more limited to what options can come from them. They are getting out of hand.

Also, the common souls are now a currency in the game, you dont need to open or sell them off, you use them to buy skill shards or other items, usually during the LOL frag and sac events.

Also, as has already been said, simply using them to as sac fodder is actually very beneficial (if a bit too time consuming) to build up SoT, SoW, Ironite, and other materials and resources.

I do agree that if they are going to make us run LOL so much and offer the common souls as rewards so often, then they should again increase the amount of soul stacks we can carry, since I overflow often.

OS
    iOS
    Why you didn't trade them? last month there was the possibility to exchange those souls for ironite, I exchanged 300. Maybe they will repeat that in the future.

OS
    Android
    I spent all of the common souls I had to buy everything they offered. I have already stored up well over 2000 common souls again... they come like candy when you farm LOL

OS
    iOS
    I see, well, I think a good suggestion to developers would be to lower the drop rate of common souls on LoL level 10, if you can fight LoL on that level, it's almost for sure that you don't need that. They should limit those souls to the lower levels. Also, they should increase the drop rate of the colorless (and colored) evo shards, now everybody needs them to awake characters and evolve the non-awakable.

So devs, I hope you read this, thanks!

OS
    Android
    I can understand why suggestions like this keep popping up, but as a newish player (2 months), and someone who has played similar online games before, removing low level stuff always causes more trouble than you'd expect. Other people have explained some of the problems their removal or restriction would cause, both to new and veteran players. So here are some other ways the game could help reduce the current problems. Wouldn't be surprised if the devs know all of this, but as with most things, it's a matter of how to best spend their resources. Never an easy decision.

Reworking the BoS is an obvious one. Increasing the soul stack size from 99 to 999, like with runes/shards. Moving keys to their own section would free up some more space there too.

Having lower level rewards, like common souls and 1-2* evo materials, drop as additional rewards from higher level content. Instead of taking up space on the loot tables which can lead to feel bad situations, have then as an additional bonus. Would save people having to go back and replay lower level dungeons for those materials too.

Providing a way to directly purchase characters. Could be limited to ones you've already summoned previously, and/or toons who were released over a certain amount of time in the past. Purchase using common souls or gold, reasonably prices due to the relatively low power level of the older characters. This would allow players a guaranteed way to get certain characters (making it easier for New Player Guides to be written), and allow for event souls to remove old characters without disadvantaging collectors.
    Azagthor-0732