Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

In game priorities and time management.

Hi Troopers, I just wanted to put out a new thread to find out what others are doing or not doing to manage the ever growing list of potential achievements.
    What are your priorities? I will admit I spend a few dollars mainly on ironite, but I have been totally blown away by the shear number of troopers that seem to have accumulated Dark Lilith in her various forms and Lucifer in a short period of time.
    I should be able to completely awaken my first Lord of Light in the next day or so, but how did so many people claim these awesome characters? did they pay for them some how or score them through souls when they were available?
    Or did they simply do the work?
    And what about the ever growing list of dungeons to conquer? I have finished Viral dungeon, Infernal dungeon but the others are a mish mash for me..
    I guess I’m thinking that getting Dark Lilith is priority No.1

Does anybody else out there wonder if their slipping behind at the hands of RNG ? All the money in the world it seems won’t guarantee you specific characters, so which dungeons do we postpone in favour of others?
    I guess these questions I’m aiming at mainly at senior forum members or players, but I’m keen to hear everyone’s thoughts.
    To me there’s simply too much to handle right now..

What’s your thoughts?
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Lilith is better than Lucifer I have both fully awakened but I don't have MALAKOV and Van Helsing but I don't have more than 3000 ironite so I must slow down for month or two to collect resources!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ip4 View Post
    Lilith is better than Lucifer I have both fully awakened but I don't have MALAKOV and Van Helsing but I don't have more than 3000 ironite so I must slow down for month or two to collect resources!
    That’s exactly what I mean, IP4, I never ever have 3000+ ironite, I try to hover around 1000 at least...
    All my resources apart form iron coins are mediocre by average standards I’d say.
    I used to have well over 100 M gold but that is dwindling with the costs of awakening characters and creating full sets of Talisman and the rate that new characters are being created....
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    I know what you mean Rags. A lot of people have a bunch of awakened characters.

I usually buy the ironite drip pack every month and maybe something else from time to time. Dark Lilith and Lucifer came around at a time when I had accumulated about 13000 ironite, so I ended up with the frags for both. I haven't farmed LOL 11-15 as much as I should, so I need to work on getting more awakening materials. I also need to get 2 more characters from the Raven dugeon as well. But right now I'm trying to finish off acquiring the Van Helsing Ed. Remember a time when running troopers through powerslave was about all there was to do at times and you had to really think about who to put skill shards on because they were so rare.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

Utah. No, I don't know why. I think it was vodka. Or a redhead. Likely both.
    OS
    Android
    Dreamer,

13000?!?! Jeez, I thought I was good at 2k! I feel like a spendthrift!

What does your daily grind look like that you end up stockpiling that much? Or is it a case of the drips helping out that much?
    The EXORCISTS Clan
    Tengu316-5082

OS
    iOS
    The Wicker Evolved Characters from the Raven's Alter dungeon are not nearly as feeble as I thought they were. I just picked them up the past couple days. While it's true they aren't at the level of fully awakened LOLs or Dark Lilith/Lucifer, they are a close second once awakened a few times. Bonus are the 3 star evo runes and awakening frags dropped. And extra bonus is the achievements can be hit relatively quickly in comparison to the Dark Lilith/Lucifer achievements.

I'd be crestfallen if I needed to try and get Dark Lilith or Lucifer... with the need to fully awaken all LOLs.. that's at LEAST like 70 million gold.. and 500+ evo stones each class. Not to mention the multitude of 4 and 5 star colored awakening materials necessary. I'd be apt to postpone this directly and merely focus on getting the LOLs to begin with... So, Frontier Coins to purchase - ( W-M-G-S-C in that order )... Then run LOL 14 for awakening materials - they seem to drop more from 14 than they do from 15 for me, other than the 5 star colorless awakening runes.

The reality is you simply CAN'T keep up with character releases as they are currently paced without spending money.. at least for ironite for mega-refills. I spent 4 days grinding, grinding, grinding, grinding, Dracula's dungeon... mega-refill after mega-refill after mega-refill it was so tedious and boring.. I broke down and eventually bought FotD frags after about 30 souls with only 3 and 4 star characters dropping. It was either buy the frags with bonus ironite.. or buy ironite for more mega-refills. Got VH and the Gunner Wolf (had everything else via cashing in frags I had and using them for the mistaken early release).. and was done... 10 more days grinding would have had me throwing the iPad out the window. I kind of suspect that's sort of the plan... irritate users enough that they spend.

The only thing that's really clear is if there's an event going on with new characters.. it's in your best interest to do what you can to get those characters during the event... Sometimes that's enough, other times it's not. The only thing worse than grinding for 2 days for 10 souls only to see 3 and 4 star characters drop is to have to spend 7000+ Frontier coins, then 70+ Mil gold, then collect 1800+ evo stones.... then run something 500 times....

The pure nature of the app is spend $$$$$ if you want to keep up.

Best thing you can do is just stop playing.. and I really should heed my own advice.
    Last edited by Yup; 10-23-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengu316 View Post
    Dreamer,

13000?!?! Jeez, I thought I was good at 2k! I feel like a spendthrift!

What does your daily grind look like that you end up stockpiling that much? Or is it a case of the drips helping out that much?
    I try my best to save the ironite for characters. I do everything I can not to spend it if I can help it. And I hoard a lot of souls so that I can take advantage of sacrifice events. Vortex fills can drop big chunks of ironite at times (I had a 300 drop yesterday). The price of farming these dungeons is making it difficult to be thrifty though. Also a couple hundred ironite comes from the arena each week and the daily & weekly dungeons sometimes drop a decent amount of ironite.
    Last edited by infinite dreamer; 10-23-2019 at 07:52 PM.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

Utah. No, I don't know why. I think it was vodka. Or a redhead. Likely both.
    OS
    Android
    @Dreamer, thanks, mate! I'll watch the spending closer. 'Ppreciate it!

The prices of the dungeons is beyond insane to me! I've only been playing since May, but it sure seems to me like no dungeon should EVER be more than about 10 SoT. 30 is just NUTS and keeps me from playing them hardly at all (my big ironite expenditures lately).

As for the OP, Rags, I just stockpile what I can to blow on characters. With a little luck -- okay, a metric shit-ton of luck -- the RNG will be merciful and I can get what I want from the event. I don't do dungeons much because they put such a huge dent in resources for me and, again, there's no keeping up for me.
    The EXORCISTS Clan
    Tengu316-5082

OS
    Android
    Rags you have been my trooper for a long time, I hope this glimpse inside my Legacy world helps. I skipped getting many of the recent special characters from play Airstrip, Infernal, Trooper, Ravens Altar dungeon for 30 SoT a run a zillion times. Don't have the Magma, Fury less Trooper Ed, Malakov, etc because the expense was HUGE and reward not important. Every character gets outdated and collects dust after a few weeks or maybe months. Charlotte is really the only one with staying power, Alex came up with advent of new Talisman setups. All these other challenges were expensive hoops to jump through for 1 more Eddie I didn't need. I DO go for the hi ticket big reward challenges like the Mayan and more recently the Lucifer one. Compensation included valuable rewards, things I put to use, not dusty junk.
    I started banking ironite, enough to ensure I was going to get the event character through fragments if not from a event soul drop. Flight of Icarus Ed was first time I did this, he and all the Minotaurs are very useful and worth my 7k ironite expense. This same amount could have gotten me through a Viral or Trooper dungeon challenge along with buying keys and what do I get? Dust collecting clowns I use once every 2 weeks in Gauntlet? No.
    Banked ironite since this one for LoL event, waiting impatiently for the third phase to cash in. Saved over 10k ironite, no purchasing, got 2 Lucifers from fragment/soul drop and all the Lords from frags and frontier purchase. Then blew everything I had farming LoL XV for Awakening materials, wasn't fast enough so spent $120 on store packs to get all the 3star colored purple and gold stones. I rationalized expense by not having paid for ironite for a while, or the $20 set of new talisman or new pay only Eddies. Getting these new characters to be at their potential seems worthwhile. Ed Hunter, Gangland, Where Eagles Dare, etc are junk. Good if someone needs every Eddie to win top Gauntlet spot, but really not worth the expense for me.
    So I have a huge list of unachieved achievements, will not go after them either, because I am broke from Awakening and still need more of this super expensive stuff so I can get the Dark Lilith challenge done. Better use of effort to get the 6 Lords, Dark Lilith and Lucifer all max awakened instead of having all achievements cleared and end up with dusty awakened woodland creatures, Where Eagles Dare and Magma Ed, or even Malakov, who is now no threat with Lucifer Morningstar cleaning all those nasty silver effects. That's all he was about anyway.

OS
    Android
    I found out hard way every single Eddie counts in Gauntlet. So i'm trying to keep reserve of 4000 ironite for sudden event when you can get special Eddie. The plan went out from the windows when Awakening event hit. I calculated time needed to grind Dark Lilith and spent every bit of ironite on event souls and managed to get her. I have been struggling since because of low ironite. Lucifer was lucky strike from free event souls. I have now plenty of awakenable chars but no means for upgrade.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan