OS
    Android

Frustrating Server Errors in Gauntlet

I was on my way through AAA assassin only fights when one of your famous "Server Errors" stopped my climbing to a higher rank.
    I asked years ago to "count" these fights AFTER the fight is won and not at the beginning to avoid these situations.

I opened a ticket and I hope to get a refund because now I need to buy the 2 missing talismans with my rare low Ironite.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by URock View Post
    I asked years ago to "count" these fights AFTER the fight is won and not at the beginning to avoid these situations.
    Would imagine it's done that way to stop people force-closing the app if they're about to lose and trying again. Would perhaps be better if the app could remember where you were in the middle of a fight, and let you resume when you log back in, or reconnect after server trouble.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Except only one of those options is technically possible. I don't think the client/server connection can communicate anything other than "state at beginning" and "state at end"
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ydex View Post
    Except only one of those options is technically possible. I don't think the client/server connection can communicate anything other than "state at beginning" and "state at end"
    I might be missing something, but I don't see how that would be a problem? Store the fight data on the client side, allowing you to resume a fight. Then send the result back to the server once the fight is over and connection has been re-established, and check for data integrity. The other mobile game I play, Mobius Final Fantasy, does it that way. If the app crashes or something during a fight, you can resume it when you log back in. This method does allow the possibility for people to hack the fight data, and win things they shouldn't be able to, but having to manually ban hackers from ranking events seems like a small price to pay to prevent connection errors screwing over players in Gauntlet or SoT heavy dungeons.
    Azagthor-0732