Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    I have yet to attempt the raven's altar and airstrip dungeons and yet to complete the Mayan achievement so this event MIGHT give me the incentive to get a wriggle on. But I did say MIGHT. Still an event dungeon on, new season of Gauntlet plus the endless connection issues EVERYONE is experiencing, so I'm still quite meh about it all. Just doesn't seem worth the hassle and a game shouldn't be a hassle its meant to be entertainment isn't it?
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    iOS
    Mayan dungeon sucks.... Me, with all characters and all skill sharded, and high end talismans... and the difficulty of the Mayan dungeons is too high.

I think the same for Ravens Alter too.. it's only feasible with Celestial Talismans.. and that means the difficulty is set too high.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I've been thinking about what could solve many of this game's issues-- specifically that the servers are overloaded because too many people are logged in 24/7, which is because the OP character/talisman teams can auto-win almost anything, so to make an achievement difficult, the developers say "you have to win it 2,000 times" --which guarantees the servers will be overloaded.

The antidote to this is: really difficult dungeons that are a major pain-in-the-ass to beat. Benefit #1: Less time spent on the servers, if the rewards come from difficulty vs. repetition, because "with all characters and all skill sharded, and high end talismans" it's STILL hard to beat. Less server load means the game runs better for everyone.

Benefit #2 (observed while playing Mayan Dungeon specifically): Players that DON'T have all the characters and talismans can ALSO beat these dungeons. I'm a mid-level player and I can beat the Shaman Eddie battle (not the Necropolis one) although it takes forever, it's just ONE battle vs. running my phone for 4 hours to beat the same battle 500 times.

So in summary, what the game desperately needs are MORE really difficult dungeons. NOT achievements of "auto this dungeon all day for a week"

In this respect, the Mayan Dungeon is THE BEST feature they've released so far.
    Last edited by Ydex; 10-28-2019 at 04:47 AM.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ydex View Post
    So in summary, what the game desperately needs are MORE really difficult dungeons. NOT achievements of "auto this dungeon all day for a week"
    What are you going to do after you complete the daily difficult dungeon run? Go auto-farm somewhere else to use your Troopers, level up some new characters or talismans, work on gathering awakening materials, etc. You'd have to change multiple other systems to make it all work.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Nope, just improve the rewards in the dungeons. High SoT cost, high difficulty, and high rewards.
    They'd still get their $$ for Ironite, we'd still get our rewards, just via DIFFICULTY rather than REPETITION.

Troopers, we have 50. That's 50 runs, not the thousands we're doing now.

To be clear: if you're saying dungeons are "too hard" you're saying "we want to grind more" --there is no easy AND short.
    Last edited by Ydex; 10-28-2019 at 05:28 AM.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    For Raven Dungeon I used Shadow Wickerman(Alchemy) or Football Eddie(Primordial) Sentinel Troll(Inspiration Greed)Sentinel Son of Onyx(Singularity) /Magus Shardborne(Singularity) and Wicker Wolf Evolved/Magus Derby Demon(Viper Cosmic). Talismans can be on passenger Eddie. And Mayan dungeon goal is completely optional.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    If you go for more difficult dungeons over repetition, you will still cause grinding issues. The lower level players will need to grind for the OP toon/talisman causing the same issues. It will reward the whales or long term players by not having them put in extensive grinding.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Beddie View Post
    What’s you’re team for both of the dungeons
    sorry, i dont do much forum stuff on weekends, i didnt see your post until now. Here is my teams:

Raven's Altar

Shadow Wickerman Eddie - Alchemy/cosmic
    Magus Crimean Soldier - Inspiration/Sustaining/Warlord
    Magus Derby Demon - Orbit
    Sentinel Maclo - Inspiration/Sustaining/Warlord

If you need to do the Raven challenges, also use Wickerman Eddie as a ride along. Us the Shell talisman on him, the Shell doesnt need to be on a character that you attack with, just on a ride along.

Never lose, 1-2 min runtimes. As you earn the Wicker toons, you can level them to 100, maybe awaken once for the better abilities and then just swap toons. You get the warrior wolf first, put Orbits on him and replace derby demon with wolf. Then Owl comes next, swap out crimean for owl. I think I moved Alchemy to Owl, and put the Inspiration/Sustaining/Warlord on Eddie. After that, I swapped out the Owl for the sentinel wicker ox guy, Alchemy has to go back to the eddie, and i ran greed/inspiration on the ox. That should clear all achievements for Ravens Altar

Airstrip

Soldier Eddie - Primordial
    Gunner Demon Spawn - Siege/Sustaining
    Gunner Possessed Rockets - Radiant/Sustaining
    Undead Allied Soldier - Warlord/Greed

That will get you all the achievements for the dungeon. For the current "life talisman" achievement, just put life talisman on another eddie as a ride along. I think I put them on storm. Other people had luck running storm as main eddie and using soldier as ride along, but i didnt need to. This should finish the dungeon around 1min per run average.

Someone on Facebook posted this team for the Mayan challenge (SHAMAN) it works pretty damn good on auto. one key, 3 plays 3 auto-wins. Going to keep using it and see if I get any losses:

Mayan (Shaman)

Bass Eddie - Alchemy/Cosmic
    Magus Crimean - Energy/Mark
    Ancient Mariner - Greed/Cosmic (death mark passive) <--- this didnt make sense, it leaves 1 open talis slot, I am using any green 3-set plus Inspiration/Cosmic. Not sure if the death mark is needed, but I had one, so I am using it)
    Magus Minotaur - Mark/Sustaining/Cosmic <--- Again, I deviated and I am using Fate/Mark

The key is the overwhelming number of marks applied to the enemy. Im not sure the autoplay uses the death mark skill on mariner, but whatever. The guy who posted it had a video of the game play, he is doing it manual but both times the shaman was dead before he even attacked with mariner. I accidentally had autoplay turned on and before i realized it, the fight was won, so I kept it on auto.

EDIT: I did end up with 2 random losses, but worked very well overall. I account the losses to a sudden complete lack of perfect attacks by my team. The AI suddenly would not land a single perfect, tons of marks stacked but couldnt trigger them. IF THE GAME WANTS YOU TO LOSE, YOU WILL!
    Last edited by Natasmai; 10-29-2019 at 11:28 AM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post

Someone on Facebook posted this team for the Mayan challenge (SHAMAN) it works pretty damn good on auto. one key, 3 plays 3 auto-wins. Going to keep using it and see if I get any losses:

Bass Eddie - Alchemy/Cosmic
    Magus Crimean - Energy/Mark
    Ancient Mariner - Greed/Cosmic (death mark passive) <--- this didnt make sense, it leaves 1 open talis slot, I am using any green 3-set plus Inspiration/Cosmic. Not sure if the death mark is needed, but I had one, so I am using it)
    Magus Minotaur - Mark/Sustaining/Cosmic <--- Again, I deviated and I am using Fate/Mark

The key is the overwhelming number of marks applied to the enemy. Im not sure the autoplay uses the death mark skill on mariner, but whatever. The guy who posted it had a video of the game play, he is doing it manual but both times the shaman was dead before he even attacked with mariner. I accidentally had autoplay turned on and before i realized it, the fight was won, so I kept it on auto.
    Thanks Natasmai for posting this. Worked really well. And thanks to the guy who came up with the team.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    Android
    wow, they have fixed the shadowman wickerman ride along. i used 3 swe, with two in the backup and only once is counting. so 300 runs is necessary..