Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Game is 2 months old - Thoughts?

Hey!

Yesterday the game turned 2 months old. I wanted to start this thread to discuss thoughts so far. Lots of people here (including myself) have complained a lot about bugs, crashes, low drop rates... Overall, here's what I think:

LOTB is a good game that requires A LOT of improvement. Graphics, soundtrack, story... all that is amazing, and I am quite satisfied with the results so far, I want to see where the story goes when the next world is released. BUT: despite having some great areas, the game can improve a lot by doing the following:

- Have the development team improve their communication with us! Even though we have begged for you to tell us how you are doing, and what you are doing to make the game better we haven't received any information or updates on the actual bugs. We just know that you are working on things, but not how or when they're going to be fixed. A couple messages here on the forums go a long way.
    - Fix the drop rates. Back when the game started they were fine, you could grind a lot and, eventually, you would get what you needed. Even 3* evo shards. After the dungeons were introduced we have been facing hell. Not only have the drop rates on the normal campaign been tampered with, but also the Time Rift. Getting the shards is still very difficult, and that was the whole purpose of the time rift: to make it easier. It clearly hasn't served its purpose.
    - Despite fixing the server several times the game still crashes, and the updates to us gamers feel like they don't do absolutely nothing but make the game worse.
    - On average there has been just 1 app update PER MONTH. That is (in my opinion) just unacceptable. If there's a problem with the app (like me currently unable to play due to Android N) we have no idea on when this will be fixed, it could be a month or even more. That is discouraging.

I've had a lot of fun with the game, but things are getting worse, and worse... I just hope this game doesn't die way too early.
    Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave, I don't wanna die, I'm a god why can't I live on!

Champions: Soldier Eddie (Lvl. 100), Assassin Possessed Mine (Lvl. 100), The Nomad (almost lvl. 100)

RisenOsiris-7856

OS
    iOS
    I agree with most of what you said

Im excited to know what the alchemist has to offer story wise, cuz he was epic when he flamed that void thingy away from Eddie, and u kno, figure what happened to the clairvoyant's bro and what is that wierd void thingy!

On bugs ive only encountered the incredibly annoying crashes while starting lvls

I agree, the campaign has the drop rate of the warglaives, even basic talismans for starting the game and filling your allies dont drop often! Time rift wise i had great drops, 2 3* evo shards usually in one lvl! for the class that i dont use...

The game has an amazing potential to grow into a masterpiece, but it still needs major stabilisation and bug fixing.
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    iOS
    I enjoy playing this game every day but it's now a little boring : you farm you farm you farm and 1 loot on 100 is the required... 3* red evo shards or evo rainbow runes are very poor
    So I agree :
    - A good game, reflecting Iron Maiden story and characters.
    - A fast fix about the drop rate is needed
    - A fix (crashes,...) and a communication about next fix is needed
    Up the Irons ! Add my ID : IronMaiden-9836 with Soldier Eddie 5 stars level 100
    Ailing Kingdom, Kingdom of sand, Battlefield and Underworld : Madness OK => Game finished

I have been playing this game since its launch. I think it has a great potential. Graphics, music (of course ), and the story is great. I really enjoy playing it. But as the other posts said, a better communication with players is needed. Even a little message would make a big difference, this way we will know what devs are working on as players.
    Also drop rates need a serious tweaking. I managed to upgrade my Soldier Eddie to 5* 2 days ago and I am very happy about that but I have been playing Time Rifts since its launch. A better drop rate would make players more satisfied regarding the game. To sum up, better communication and better drop rates are needed.

OS
    iOS
    Drop rates feel terrible now. I'm glad I had the opportunity to grind a lot before they were tuned. Being able to get rare souls from rifts is a plus though. Until new content comes along I'm mainly in it for the rare assassin/soldier souls so am grinding fairly trivial content (cheap in terms of Sands, plus I could do with a stock of the more basic talismans).

OS
    iOS
    You kno what would maybe be good? Some kind of communication system between players ingame, maybe guilds people can join? Or a private messaging system between troopers! Alot would be happy with that!
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    The game is surprisingly good, all things considered. At first, I was reluctant to give it a try, as I feared that it would be a cash - in on IM's popularity, but it turned out to be pretty addictive.

That being said, it still feels like it's in early beta. Nothing wrong with that, considering you are not actually forced to pay anything. But, given its state, I'm afraid that many players might be turned off by the number of bugs still present. To be honest, each update seems to fix some bugs and introduce some new, which is kind of a downer.

What the game really needs, however, is some serious tweaks to the balance. Whole essays have been written about the drop rates and I fully agree, that we have a serious issue.
    People used to complain about the drop rate of evo shards even before the Time Rift update, and Time Rifts have been advertised as means to fix the issue. However, while drop rates in the campaign were reduced, those in the Rifts don't seem to be adequate. There are days when you can burn through Sands of Time and Ironite grinding Lord of Light lvl VIII - X whole day, and not see a single 3* evo shard. It sort of inhibits progress, and no one likes to play something where you can't level up, figuratively speaking.

Also, too much time has passed since we actually got a really significant new feature, despite being teased with promises. For instance:
    1. A way to make duplicate characters useful - that was advertised over a month ago, IIRC;
    2. Dark City update - there were rumours, that it would be ready come September, still no sign of it coming;

One major thing that would be welcome, especially considering game freezes etc., would be to "pay" for the battle with Sands of Time only when the result screen appears, same goes for Troopers. Unfortunately, despite it being relatively simple to introduce and many players demanding that kind of change, there is no information regarding such a tweak. It would be nice to get some response from the dev team, regarding that matter, whether it was "fine, it's an interesting idea", or "no, we won't do that because.... <insert reasons>".

While we're at it, the dev teams don't really give much feedback to players' suggestions. Of course, Matt and Lamia seem like nice people, they're very polite and all, but overall their presence on the forums is pretty rare. While browsing this message board, I noticed that there were some fantastic community contributors here, with brilliant ideas and I think that they don't really get the credit they deserve, by which I mean their suggestions being noticed ant taken into consideration. Of course, that might not be the case, but I feel like it would be nice if the dev team responded more often to the ideas being thrown by some of the more creative and insightful members of the forum. Even if the answer was "no".

These are some of the biggest issues the game currently suffers from.

Overall I feel like LOTB may one day evolve into a brilliant game, it has a lot of potential and with the introduction of new features and content, it might interest even some people that don't like Iron Maiden. Right now it's a product for die-hard fans, I think. Yet, it's fun and all the issues I mentioned don't really mean one can't enjoy it.
    Last edited by Papaj; 09-06-2016 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Typo

OS
    iOS
    I'm enjoying the game and also am frustrated by the bugs and glitches. As long as the devs continue to address the issues and add new content I will be around for the long-term. While I agree with most of the previously expressed opinions, I will offer a dissenting opinion on drop rates. I find the drop rates to be consistent with what I have experienced in other online games. As a player, I would greatly enjoy being able to farm enough runes to level a character to 5* every day, but realistically, that would destroy the game. I typically grind Level 8 or above in the rift modes and on average it drops enough to level about one toon per week, which is consistent with other games. Honestly this game is not a great pay to win at teh moment as I am sure most whales have maxxed out all the decent toons.

Going forward I expect a credit crunch. Players will have enough 5* toons, but won't have the credits to level up talisman to fully exploit their abilities. Once I get a core squad of 5-8 characters maxxed out with talisman, then I plan to build up credits until I have enough to react when a new OP character comes along.

OS
    iOS
    While I'm ok with a grindy mobile game, (cause lets face it if i want to play a more dynamic game I have the PC I'm typing this on) the drop rates may be my single biggest issue. there are 3 significant parts:
    -3 star evolution shards cant be had. i don't have a single 5 star Eddie or Ally and I'm not likely to get one soon at the rate these things drop (not to mention the times when the lord of light crashes)
    - Red evolution runes drop significantly less often see several other threads for details
    - certain rune sub types don't seem drop anymore. for example the Health Talisman (green) only drops as the overwhelming sub type. id really like to be able to get one more mystical to have a set.

I would also like to see more game stability but understand that can take time.

Communication needs to improve. I'm sure the devs are becoming numb to this complaint by now, but guys a weekly update about what you are working on would be nice for those of us patiently sticking with you and helping beta test bug riddled software instead of throwing up our hands in disgust and leaving for greener pastures.

Way better than i expected from a freemium game! I love collecting Eddies!

Terribly high crash rate! Losing out on badges and sands huge minus.

Evo shard drop rate about right with dungeons. Levelling up a character 1-2weeks is fair.

However I see the dungeons having nothing to do with Iron Maiden.

3*Evo runes seem hard to come by for talisman.

Please add use for duplicate characters!!!

I wish there were Eddie only gems to buy with badges.