Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

SoT “Refill” … How often/how much?? How does it work??

Edited to add:
    SoT (Sands of Time, the currency needed to launch a battle) accrues 1 per every 5 minutes. The first number is the amount you have. The second number is the maximum amount you can accrue automatically. It accrues in the background, on the server. You don't have to be logged in. Sometimes the SoT displayed is wrong. It will probably refresh to the correct number if you enter and then leave an encounter.

At 12:51 …I had… 3/120
    At 1:50 …I had… 10/120 … with a 1:30 timer
    At 1:52 …I had… 10/120 … with a 4:30 timer (timer has reset, but SoT did not increase)

I decided to sit and watch the timer reset and see what refills I get:

Timer reset … 17/120 (added 7 SoT)
    Timer reset … 18/120 (added 1 SoT)
    Timer reset … 19/120 (added 1 SoT)
    Timer reset … 20/120 (added 1 SoT)

So, it appears that 1 SoT is supposed to be added for every 5 minutes...?

If that is the rate, why did 12:51 through 1:50 only add 9 SoT??
    Why did 1:50 through the next reset add nothing??
    Why did the next reset after 1:52 add 7 SoT in one refill??

Do you have to be logged in and have the app open in order for the refills to occur?
    Do they occur at regular intervals, in regular amounts, or is this randomly generated?

Seems like there would be some info in the Help file?
    Last edited by Ydex; 10-30-2019 at 10:51 PM.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    iOS
    Your device timer is not the same as the server timer. And it's the server timer which controls refills of SOT. This is why you can have one value, relaunch the app.. and suddenly have another value. They continually accrue.. but the app doesn't continually update the number. This is also why you can have 10 SOT.. go fight one PvP battle, leave the arena, then have 50SOT.... because the app updates the main HUD once you leave it and return. (Or why you can have 30 SOT, relaunch the app.. and have 24SOT - server errors prevented the additional SOT being added - time hiccups in the counter.)

Same can be said about Sat 15 or Skull Quest Alerts.. you may see no alert badges because the Main HUD hasn't been updated even though you have live Skull Quests or can claim a Sat15 reward.

It's actually smart in terms of server load.. if they refreshed the app every 2 minutes to show 2 more SOT.. then server traffic would be much worse than it currently is.
    Last edited by Yup; 10-30-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    SoT doesnt seem to update while you are in the game and not spending any SoT. As stated if you earn SoT from the Satelitte or even BoS, it doesnt automatically change but still increases behind the scenes. Ironite does increase when you earn it.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Okay, so display is wacky.

But it's 1 SoT per 5 minutes?

And do you have to be logged in and have the app running, or no?
    What if logged in, app running, but minimized?

What if app is closed all the way / phone turned off ?
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    iOS
    It's all on the server.. The app doesn't need to be running.. the SOT will still accrue and be there then next time you log in. This is why there's a "cap"... so you can't go away for 3 days and come back to 50000SOT.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ydex View Post
    Okay, so display is wacky.

But it's 1 SoT per 5 minutes?

And do you have to be logged in and have the app running, or no?
    What if logged in, app running, but minimized?

What if app is closed all the way / phone turned off ?
    12 per hour = 1 per 5 min yes
    Like he said app open or not is the same for refund
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    If you are in the game for an hour and then play powerslave it should then reset. I know if you claim multiple stacks of common souls and then sack them and earn SoT. The display will change after a few minutes or several sackings, not sure exactly how it works, but you dont lose SoT even it you go above the 120 cap.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    And where does it say you get 12 per hour?

I'm genuinely puzzled where users are supposed to get even basic info about this game. No, it's not in the help file and it's not in any of the "sticky" beginner guides.

How does anybody figure out anything about this game? For example: I'd sacrificed something like thirty 5-star characters before I accidentally stumbled on the info that you can expand your character slots.

OS
    iOS
    You just figure it out.. the timer reset to 5 minutes... 60 / 5 = 12

Documentation and attention to detail are not strong points regarding this app. And, in fact, they rarely are for "freemium" games. There no money in help docs.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    You just figure it out.. the timer reset to 5 minutes... 60 / 5 = 12
    Yes except I literally sat there and watched it and it DIDN'T accrue 1 per 5 minutes OR 12 per hour.